why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

Marjorie gave me some info and when I posted my article, an original one BTW, she came unglued!  I had no clue why "Take me off!!"  "  remove my link"  which I did and then went on her blog and saw her tirade.  Sad really, she could have simply privately discussed the issue with BB or J.  Not nice.  she is at war with many people.  too bad, I liked her blog, simplistic, regional but she did a good job.  J was such a gentleman apologizing to which she was particularly nasty.  Very sad, I really was a fan and I know so to "J".

but it is all so clear now...Marjorie Drake is pissed at "j"  saying he steals her posts and posts exactly on BB..wow this lady has way too much time on her hands, plus I was looking at her blog indepth something I never do and see she is fighting with everyone!!  I am sorry folks...here she goes off on BB and "J"..no wonder she shit her pants when I innocently had included her link to her blog, a link that she sent to me!

  Most unoriginal assholes?  much of my work is original, so is Gerardo and , Buggs also writes original posts when they have time....she thinks she coined the phrase " Sleeping Giant"  JAJAJAJAJA  yet that is SOOO original.  wasn't that the  Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto at pearl harbor? " I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant"... yep it is yours, copyright it girl! well i guess you are 66 years too late.!!.  Yeah and to think I felt badly and confused!

here is her tirade...and keep in mind she recommends that piece of trash BDN to her readers.
http://marjorieanndrake.blogspot.com/2011/06/0628-borderland-beat-meet-most.html

06/28 BORDERLAND BEAT MEET THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS AND UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES EVER
Okay, so I know this is just a blog, but it is my blog. I don't have a creative commons
copyright license, but I'm going to get one. Once again Borderland Beat listed me as a reference - and we have been over this a million times - after they know I do not want my name on that blog.
But to add insult to injury, a person who goes by the name of "J" has basically lifted my words and thoughts and presented them as if they were his own. What I'm going to do is link you to J's article, then I am going to link my blogs where "J" berates Zeta Magazine in the comments section even after listing them as a source on his piece (and J, you can try to delete the message you left, but I have copies of the originals)my blog where I write about the grasshoppers and explain who they are and in the comments section identify who Tigres is, and my blog entitled "The Sleeping Giant" in reference to the CAF.

Here we go:

Glimpses from Tijuana
by, "J"
Wow, where did "J" get the idea for the grasshoppers?

Maybe here....

So who are Los Tigres
by, Marjorie

...where did "J" get the idea for the metaphor, " The Sleeping Giant"?

Maybe from here...and this was way back in 2010:

The Sleeping Giant
by, Marjorie

And note in the comments section "J's" remarks about Zeta Magazine - wow, that's a real eye opener:

Armed Attack in Rosarito
by, Marjorie

So that's it from here, we have to get up really early and go the Consulate. I'll make double sure they get a copy of "Que Pasa Baja". Oh, right, I think they already have one. Surely you must remember...BTW, when exactly did this happen? And, uh-uh-uh don't touch that dial, I already have copies. Is this your work too, "J" ? Wow.

"J" take my name off that piece of shit blog, thanks ! Wow, for someone you and your buddies trash on the internets, calling my crazy etcetera, you sure like what I write. Maybe you can get a job with Ensign Dickhead? That might work.

Labels: 06/28 BORDERLAND BEAT THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS AND UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES EVER

http://marjorieanndrake.blogspot.com/2011/06/0628-borderland-beat-meet-most.html

Maggies Blog Slams J and Buggs...not right, sorry if I offended anyone at BB. why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

I will apologize to anyone I offended, with the exception of the intended.  But I will not sit by and allow a crazy self absorbed blogger to slam BB, Buggs and J the way she did and say nothing.  i chose to keep it separate than my post about Americans deaths in Mx not being reported because that is an important post.  I feel strong in my support of BB and would never take the time to contribute in the time consumming way I do if I did not know for sure Buggs and BB and the reporters are honorable people trying to make a difference in Mexico.  We all love Mexico and are deeply sadden at its deterioration and it is our hope that in our way we can get information out to the english speaking world.

Now I am done.

:-(

Re: Maggies Blog Slams J and Buggs...not right, sorry if I offended anyone at BB. why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

DURANGO1
i am so offended i dont know what i will do. lmao. buela no need to apologize you just defended the roost, i have no idea what it was about but my take on this BB is awesome. As an mexican american , i found this site as tasteful and structured and with well versed contributors. I for one like this b site since it gives so many different opinions and everybody gives their contributions. Regarding buggs as an administrator i think its great he runs along with the other ones, i know gerardo and others are nice to everyone. I honestly think this site gives an excellent source of news. On another note where is this Buggs blog? i dont navigate this site besides the forum and the main page i might be under a rock. BTW a blog site is easier to run its just posting with simple programming. Now a site like this is work, i know from my IT days it takes work. Honestly a lot of work, time and money.

Re: Maggies Blog Slams J and Buggs...not right, sorry if I offended anyone at BB. why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

Buggs is the founder of this blog, it is "his" and he constructed it as a project to get the word out to the english speaking population.  SHe spoke about some issue of Buggs being a fraud making BB seem older by using some sort of Software.  I have no clue what she is talking about but she has no credibilty and Buggs has great integrity.  He is away presently and my apology was more directed at him because I did not want him to be upset, I kept it mild.  It is wrong for a blog to slam another blog and the way she attacked J was so wrong, J hates confortation and tried to apologize twice...go ahead and link on she has all the texts there, I chose not to post all of the garbage.

what she did was use her blog to post a tirade against J, Buggs and BB.

No one messes with BB citizens....except each other  jajajajaja...like family right?

Re: why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

Guerro
I normally don't comment but you are saying is wrong...Maggy is kinda of correct by saying BB is "unoriginal"...

"Most unoriginal assholes?  much of my work is original, so is Gerardo and , Buggs also writes original posts when they have time."

Most of the work BB does is translated from articles from Mexico or just copied and pasted from English sources like AP which I see all the time. BDN is no better either and BB gives credit sometimes (way at the top or bottom where no one can see it jaja)

I admire and care alot about people who TRULY CARE about Mexico but now im gonna go out on a limb here because I know I might get censored but to say that the these "reporters" care about Mexico is a bunch of BS!! If they did they wouldn't be making money off of the suffering coming from the violence! And some might be asking what I might be talking about but just read the advertisement link:

"For a limited time, we will carry your 125X125 banner in every page of our site for just $80 for three months or $150 for six months. You create your banner and we will link it back to you on Borderland Beat. We will reserve space for only two ads, to avoid clutter and get better exposure. Don't let this get you by, reserve your space now. The ads are on a "first come basis."

Also become a sponsor and we will run your link on all the pages of BB for six months (including the front page) on an $80 donation.

We also have room for a bigger banner on the header of the site, contact for more information and rates.

For more information to advertise on Borderland contact us is right now! "

Not even Blog de Narco makes money off of their so called "reporting"...so trying to make BB as there doing a public service when in reality they are in it for the money!! Just like everyone else! Anyways my two cents!

Re: why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

Hola Guerro!!!

Thank you for being honest with your thoughts because it allows me to address them, what you take from my words is up to you.  and Buggs never would censor your post for being critical against BB.

NUMBER 1:
Reporters on BB get ZERO compensation.  They are the only english language blog that translates articles from Mexican media.  It is not easy to translate and staying true to the intent of the story, they do an excellent job.

NUMBER 2:
The advertisment is very low in price and all funds go to the cost of the blog.  As you can see only a couple of advertisers are made room for and you are speaking a whopping 25 dollars per month...whoopee!

NUMBER 3:  OMG! I MUST WRITE THIS IN CAPS AND BOLD...BDN MAKES MORE MONEY ON ADVERTISMENT THAN ANY OTHER BLOG IN EXISTANCE!!!!....HOW DO YOU THINK ALL THOSE ANNOYING POP UPS AND VIDEO ADS ARE ALLOWED TO RUN?  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  I TOOK YOUR COMMENT AS THOUGHTFUL UNTIL I READ THAT ABOUT BDN!!  YOU CAN NOT BE THAT BLIND AND UNAWARE THAT THOSE ADVERTISMENTS ARE PAID ADVERTISMENTS.   The aforementioned is 100% undeniable, what I will tell you next is consistant rumor so I cannot say is absolutely true but I am putting everything out there: BDN has backing from a certain cartel.
     I am a humanitarian who loves Mx especially the children and disabled of Mx, I have given the majority of my life for the past 8 years to the cause of Mx children.  I WOULD NEVER align myself with any entity that made money off the suffering of people.  Buggs is a good person, it is hard work running a blog, it is NOT cut and paste as BDN is, someone has to translate and only BB does, not BDN, and clearly not the crazy piece of shit Marjorie Drake.

NUMBER 4: Reporters...do you have any idea how many hours a day it takes to read not only Mx sources but also US sources?  Myself I peruse 50-100 depending on the breaking news, sifting thru selecting something credible and relevant.  Then keeping tabs on the social networks of people on the ground in Mx.  It is a time consumming job.  Then one must translate.
     SOme of BB reporters live in Mx.  One is a low paid teacher who gets no compensation for reporting.  He lives in a violent area, one that saw several killings yesterday 6K from his home.  and still is committed to the cause.  He has become my friend, and has help with projects of mine.

NUMBER 5:  UNORIGINAL, first of all I chose not to report on mainboard so that I can have a better interaction with readers.  But many of my posts are original.  I have been contacted by several big name media soruces for information as many of the other reporters.  BB is respected, and you are unsophisticated to not know that most the media sources glean stories from one another, check it out they are required to name sources.  WHAT that mean lady accuses and meant  to say by not original was "J" stole her story and posted it as hers.  Well I printed both out and it is not true, he gleaned info from 5 sources which he named and made a composite.  The lady is crazy, she then said to J to remove her name, he did and apologized on her blog for everyone to see.  She stalks BB, the blog she hates.  I had no clue really and she was nice to send me the info I requested and then freaked out when she saw it on BB.  I removed the link, but then became pissed at her unfair attack on Buggs (she calls a con) and J.  BUT it was not what she said, she has that righ, it was the shitty way, the unprofessional way she did it, making it a post on her blog to attack J and Buggs.  J had already apologized on HER blog, twice, but she obviously was after a couple pints of blood or something other than an apology.

NUMBER:  Original stuff.  Gerardo writes the majority of his stuff, he may use a source to seed a story but it is his.  Ove has written original posts and I think is at his best when he does so.  I know I write original stuff when i can I pride myself in doing so.  And let me tell you, composites also take a long time, blending and adding links and pictures, I try to get pics that are not commonly used, and videos.  Ove is the master at getting great videos to enhance the story.

I want to sincerely thank you for writing your opinion and thoughts, because it has given me an op to write the truth.  That is better than you thinking things are a certain way.  Working a blog is tiring, long hours, and it may look easy, but is far from it.  My buddy Smurf, who BTW is my favorite all time reporter, he discovered how much work it is when establishing his own blog then closing shop after a few weeks.  He respects Buggs and the work required to run a sucessful blog.

In closing...sorry so long but I needed to be complete in addressing your comment.  That said, I will say BDN has a place, they are  a cut and paste but do get more hot stories first and has a connection that provides information so they are different and needed, though does not bother to translate anything.

Maggie Drake does a decent job (kills be to be honest right now...jaja) of regional news, TJ y Playa Rosarito. She and Zeta Mag has always been my go to sources for TJ news.  SHe has a place and if she could put aside her need to use her blog for slander and fighting and would allow people to post their thoughts I would give her an A. (she does not allow anything negative about her posted) This is reflected in the low amt of hits she receives.  BB gets more in on day than she does in a month.  BB is doing something right.

Re: why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

Guerro
NUMBER 1

While they do a good job its really easy to translate esp. with all these translation tools that are very helpful. I'd had to translate many things in the past but with these technological advances its becoming easier.

NUMBER 2

Advertisement is advertisement, they all start with good intentions and then they try to go big. Just watch.

NUMBER 3

While yes I was wrong about the advertisement on the blog de narco I don't know what backing they have from "a certain cartel."

NUMBER 4:
How hard is it to type in google: Mexicos drug war? Or set up quick links to various reliable Mexican news media. Now im not trying to discredit what these reporters are doing but its not that hard to google jaja

NUMBER 5
Ok I did not say you but I did say BB is unoriginal because as you can see in the main board what do you see? copied and pasted stories how hard is it to copy and paste? Not that not hard thats why its not original whereas blog de narco has some good insight stories and believe me I am no fan of blog de narco, I actually hate them. Tell me how many videos has BB received exclusively from narcos? None, they get them off blog de narco. Even the FBI, DEA, PF, and etc all monitor blog de narco for information.

NUMBER:  Original stuff
I have read Gerado stuff and I can say he translates most of his material and copy and paste those translations from a multiple of stories to make one story. I have actually check out his sources after each story. Overmex hasn't posted an original story in a long time. And blog de narco is for Mexicans why the hell would they take the time to translate? And as for you I hardly ever check the forum so I can say nothing about you but you do write good things from what I have seen but anyways BB just provides a good source for english speakers and thats about it. What I am trying to say is its not creative enough, seems like blog de narco but the english version but I said that with no intentions with offending the reporters or anyone who collaborates with BB. I like the website they just need to be more creative thats all. Thanks for the long reply.

Re: why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

buggs
There is something seriously wrong with this person and I would stay away from her at all cost. Since from a while back when she requested to take out her link to her website in the "links page" with profanity and false delusional allegations, we do not allow her a platform in BB. I think she changed once she found out how many hits BB generates in comparison to her blog, why else would she have such hate?

Also to clear the air, no one makes a penny from this site, we turn away about 95% of all requests for ads, as we do not want to clutter the site with ads, as you can see there are just two ads, just enough to cover the cost. We do get some donations, thank you, it does help to keep the ads out. This project is just about some bloggers that want to inform the English readers of the Mexican drugs cartes, that is all. The purpose is to provide all, and enough information in a centralized location, so some of us do not have to search the web  to seek cartel info.

We all have regulars jobs and a lot of the collaborators spend their own time to contribute something, sometimes it really pisses me off when people shit on them, if you want to help make this site better get off your ass and do womething about it, I will give you access to post directly.

Also at BB we decided that we will not become a "narco blog" that is a blog that is "used" by the narcos to "run" their messages, we will post them if they have "news value" but we have declined to post many other videos or pictures just for the sake of posting them, and I would doubt that a cartel would send us any information as it would be too risky for them, as it should be!

Buela Chivis wrote
[...]

Borderland Beat

Re: why marjorie drake calls BB UNORIGINAL ASSHOLES an explanation to her comments on my post.

thank you Buggs!!!