"Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Re: CONSTRUCTION WORKERS KIDNAPPED IN MASS FOR NARCO PROJECTS- "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Hola Just A Girl!

Odd but common response from officials.  It takes a lot, my guess is a lot of terror, to compel CA migrants to reach out to authorities.  Priests that run shelters encourage migrants to report abuses, the priests know their claims are often rejected but they have to document the numbers in some way.

You must remember the authorities, especially regional, are in collusion with cartels.  Secondly, the world is hounding Mexico for the abuses, Obama threatened to withhold a portion of Merida funds because Mx has not improved the situation.  Mx does nothing to protect the migrants.  They are not even allowed to stay at the shelters more than 3 days, and immigration comes through to assure they do not.

Priests pay a high price for speaking out, they are harrassed, jailed, beaten and worse.  The train nappings happen all the time. Buses, trains are the easiest way for the bastards to net large amounts of migrants.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

DURANGO1
thats right torreon is dgo lol. beautiful city ive flown in many times, the only thing is dislike is looking for a motel/hotel the roads are filled with the 5hr nap ones and im looking for a good night sleep. Ive flown there since dgo capital flights want to charge over $1200. Im just familiar with the kidnapping of narcos this whole construction/labor kidnapping is new to me its sad they build these expensive complex's and they do it for free. About chapo making a run at coahuila i woulndt doubt it, coa is very industrialized city ive actually pondered buying a house in ramos arizpe area. Ive stayed there and i find it beautiful climate and there are plenty of companies to work for. the key would be getting hired on the u.s. side and getting  a transfer.

The plane above me was unsettling but that was years ago when everybody minded their business. that trip we were "checked" but once they saw we were hunting/camping we were cleared. last trip i went i went to an abandoned ranch saw a couple bales of marijuana and that had me running for my life. are you in coa buela? i take it you are.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

DURANGO1
wengleca,
unfortunately the mex gov has taken a stand. they are mostly corrupt in cohoots with the cartel. While Calderon's good deed of wanting to eliminate the cartels he is actually fighting the cartels and the lower levels of govt. he did not devise a plan and just jumped into this war, you feel bad for him but at the same time if you have the military and authority to disband these local govts he should do it. Till then its a war.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Yeah, Coahuila is my second home and where I have my offices.  I love the state, the history and the people are the best.  and in Saltillo I feel close and connected to my roots, it has that spirit of old mexico.  But coahuila  is controlled by the last letter so anything can happen without warning.  My personal exp with them has been interesting, and I will leave it at that.  I will say it is tempting to cheer on any of their enemies as they are pitted against them, but my conviction is they are all bad.  Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFb4SbcVbZ8&NR=1

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

AllseeingI
Banned User
Buela, you do a good job of reporting on Mexico. You should work for one of the TV stations in the US where you live.

Re: CONSTRUCTION WORKERS KIDNAPPED IN MASS FOR NARCO PROJECTS- "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Bones
Ya I didn't make it very clear, but what I meant was when this is all over and international organizations like human rights watch come in and do reports we will find out that all along the death toll was twice what was being reported. For everyone we know is missing, there is someone else missing who's family is too scared to speak up. Unbelievable. When will it all end??

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

El Regio
I agree she does do a good job at reporting, much better than most reporters in Mexico. You should take over El Arqui Benavides position, that guy sucks.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

 Mexico has  become the most dangerous country in the world in which to be a journalist.  Scary. Those that I know personally stick to non-confrontational issues "with direction".  My first year college I set out to be a journalist, this was in the 60s.  After a year I switched to computer science, a brand new field, lucrative and wide open.  But I have had regrets not persuing journalism..thanks regio

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

AllseeingI
That was meant to let eveyone know that Buela does not live in Mexico.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Bones
4 posts in a row by allseeingi, all of them about buela. troll much?

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

imjustagirl
If I respond to you, then I will be considered a troll.  If I do not, I will be angry at myself. Your comments are unnecessary and harmful.  You are characterized by them, thus I give you no regard, and from this point forward consider anything you say incendiary (unless, of course, you apologize to all and pledge never to debate by attacking the opposition in lieu of the issue!) and not worth the trouble of reading.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

DURANGO1
I agree with all bad, the thing with the cartels they win over the locals so people bash each other over nothing. I dont have any experience with the Z's just with Juarez, chapos and im guessing leyvas, you dont want to interact with them but when they are friends etc you just go with it. i dont think Coahuila is that bad havent heard much of it...from what it seems like they have a good presence there so whoever goes in are pretty dumb since everybody is spread thin. Just out of curiosity "Zona de tolvaneras" is that the alien ground  ?

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

JAG...that was so well stated...A+

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Havana
Hi Everybody: I've been away and it feels kinda like the SOS here at BB. I've told you before, I'm not a forum expert in the least. Because I know of no forum rules, and the troll thing at first left me scratching my head. I may break rules all the time.  If so, I apologize. Thankfully people here at BB answer my questions and statements with patience. And I continue to learn.  For that I'm appreciative and happy. No one should have to fear being called a troll when they aren't being one. The abuse occasionally heaped on others is very perplexing to me. It seems utterly uncalled for. What is the point of it? It defeats the purpose of the forum, right? Pretty soon, I fear that those with the ability to share viable knowledge of this complex, multi-layered Mexican cartel coup,won't bother anymore. It seems easy enough. Common courtesy should prevail, right? As in real life. We really do have a fascinating topic here.  I'm sure many of us could learn much from it.  So, all we have to do is stay on the topic.  Ask questions, answer questions, ignore jerks if possible, learn things, don't bother with much else and then the forum should work, right? People will post and BB will live up to its potential and be the useful tool it could be.

That's all I have to say except to Durango-you are 100% right about the corruption and the drug war being Mexico's answer to taking a stand.  My problem is I falsely and naively believe there is a faction of "uncorruptibles" (not Supermen or women) just efficient government employees with clout that have the power to cut through Mexican governmental bureaucracy and make a difference in protecting the unprotected. In this case vulnerable migrants, other cases inner youth, on to homeless children, stray animals.  I do understand corruption, to a  point but it feels very frustrating when those who are just trying to get by, get so utterly violated and the Mexican government can't make the suffering lessen because maybe some  of the police, military, and maybe all government officials are "in bed" with the cartels. Simply because of greed. It gets a little bit much when everyone is wearing black hats except the migrant workers, and innocents who occasionally catch stray gun fire and other misdirected negativity resulting from this drug war. It gets a little much when there feels like there is no hope and the cartels are winning even though we hear of big busts, that really seem to make no difference at all, anyway.

And yes, I have lived in Mexico and still spend time in Mexico. I do care about it a lot.  So, I've witnessed much bureaucracy, corruption and understand its existence. Mexico and Mexicans deserve better.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Exactly!  Its totally regional, e.g. Mata citizens are big supporters of CDG, CDG has won the hearts and minds by doing good deeds, good deeds that citizens will never get from the Gov.  effectively making citizens a part of the problem.  I did not grow up in Mexico so do not have those issues of friends joining narco life.  It is easier for me, and it is easy for me to say I would reject a friend who did make that choice.  I have had experiences with them as they offered help. I can see where it is tempting, especially when innocent children living in poverty would benefit by the "help",  I can not invision myself accepting help from a cartel, but then again I have never been desperate.  I have a little guy died last week after being jacked around by the gov, the parents are so poor, I sent him to Mty to be admitted there for surgery he had a massive seizure in Monclova, choked, had a heart attack and died at the age of 14, so instead of funding his surgery we paid for his funeral.  His parents have nothing.  Lost their home in Alex.  I can totally see parents in that situation taking narco money.  Those are the vulneral people.  Here a pic of Enrique from my prom I had a few weeks ago you can see the scar from his first surgery 2 yrs ago, we funded that one also, the gov did nothing for him then either.  Poor kids have no value in Mexico.  I bought him his first suit for the prom never dreaming a few weeks later he would wear it for all eternity.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Havana
Oh Buela.  I'm sorry he didn't make it. How sad for everyone pulling for him.  I  agree parents with sick children with major hospital bills must be very vulnerable to cartels.  It may be tempting but it is one thing to owe a hospital etc. and another to give up what little freedom you have and become "indebted" to cartels.

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Wen..I agree, but if the gov would give basic human rights, educate, and life threatening medical care to the poor then they would have a life of possibility and more loyal to the government., if only the gov and society would place worth on the life of poor children then perhaps children living in poverty would not be tempted to join the "Ponchis Generation" and work for narcos.  And perhaps poor citizens would not give their hearts and minds to narcos that help them in crisis in place of a gov that does not.  I am just saying I understand .  In my state of Coahuila they give medical insurance "for every child" the doing of Moreira (BTW his Bro won and is our new gov.. :-(, his son Lalo will be next) Bert  Moreira's medical sucks bad.  My kids are tossed around the state and are never given life saving treatment.  Forget hospital bills, they can't get in the door without paying first.  They wanted 7000USD to rental surgical equipment PRIOR to surgery, I literally told the medical director to go "F" himself. Enrique had a horrible last 10 days of life, first going completely blind.  Surprisingly the presidente of Monclova paid for the body to be transported back, apx 600USD, my guess it had less to do with compassion and everything to do with not wanting to have to pay for funeral costs.

Thanks for caring

It is the 3 child I have lost since november. ages 4, 13, 14

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

DURANGO1
Sorry about to hear about one of your many nietos it is a travesty what the mx gov tries to pass as health care. To my limited knowledge i thought health care was more available over there...i guess my experience has been just im sick as a tourist i go pay a doc get a shot and thats over with.
Back to the friends cartel issue it would be more acquaintence, they neighborhood etc so they invite you to their parties, sad to say but i did have family involved back in the 90's but that got them nowhere fast. Here in chicago i can be more selective, but sometimes you know its bad what they are doing yet you knew this person beforehand and you see them go straight to jail without being able to stop it. Ive seen middle class ppl in dgo join the ranks out of greed, some people can never get enough. out of ten policitians what's your guess on the number of corrupt?

Re: "Z" Bastards kidnapped at least 80 CAs off train Off Hwy of Death

Mx is suppose to have socialized medicine.  it is not true.  The poorest of the poor have nothing.
they are dependant on the kindness of organizations. This little guy that died was in so much pain with the first tumor that he would bang his head on walls to numb the pain, doctors would not treat him or give him pain medicine without money.  His mom dragged him to a hearing testing clinic we were having.  she saw me on TV and brought him begging for help.  That is how we met some 2 years ago.
Mx feels poor kids are not worthy of resources.  So they suffer and die.  I do my best but help is not abundant for costly intervention, most orgs can't fund 20-50K on one child.  I spent 100k+
on a deaf blind child for a cochlear implant and therapy.  the government should have paid for it, it was a humanitarian issue she could not communicate, walk, see or hear at all.  she is now learning braille.

Mexico has nothing for half the population