"We will demolish cartels by attacking their finances": Alfonso Durazo, Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection

"We will demolish cartels by attacking their finances": Alfonso Durazo, Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection

stevectpa
www.lapalabradelcaribe.com/derribaremos-a-carteles-atacando-sus-finanzas-alfonso-durazo/125917/

Posted on Mar 19, 2019

The Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection, Alfonso Durazo Montaño, indicated that the new strategy of the federal government is to attack the finances of all the drug cartels that operate the country, on all those that generate more violence, among which is the Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación (CJNG) and Santa Rosa de Lima.

In an interview after the installation of the anti-corruption and open government program of the Secretariat of Security and Citizen Protection, the federal official stressed that the strategy of priority objectives implemented by the government of Enrique Peña Nieto was left behind.

"Today the recourse is being used to combat those crimes of another nature, in coordination with states and municipalities such as robbery to house, vehicles, assault on passers-by which are the crimes that harm society."

Fight the finances of criminals

Instead of going for a leader, -which once he is stopped is replaced by another- we are acting to combat the finances of criminal organizations, "that is why we have frozen 17 bank accounts of José Antonio Yépez Ortiz, alias El Marro" .

In the case of Rubén Oseguera Cervantes "El Mencho", leader of the CJNG, Durazo said that he will be fought in the same way, only that the research processes require time to mature, in some cases the investigation is less complex than another, but all will be combated without distinction, particularly combat will focus on organizations that generate higher levels of violence.

Referring to the National Guard, Durazo Montaño stressed that only this year will require around 20 billion pesos to equip the 21 thousand 170 elements that are planned to recruit.

"We have had meetings with the Secretary of the Treasury, we have been working on budgetary approaches, not only the creation of the guard is being put on the table, but also the possibilities that the government has to budget the initiative, without breaking with the objectives of no more taxes or increase of debt, that is to say, with own resources and budgetary readjustments ".

Durazo Montaño stressed that it is already working on the educational and legal design of the national guard, as well as its laws and regulations, "we are talking about this year 21 thousand 170 elements were recruited, plus 35 thousand military police, 8 thousand naval and 18 thousand federal all of them with their own budget, with their patrols, equipment and uniforms, at this moment only the expense is going to represent the little more than 21 thousand new recruits that will require funds, uniform benefits, equipment and lodging ".

He said that this year will be built 87 barracks with a capacity of 120 elements, so in round numbers he said that the National Guard will require this year, around 20 billion pesos, and the next will require a little more.

Re: "We will demolish cartels by attacking their finances": Alfonso Durazo, Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection

blanco puro
who wants to bet this guy gets killed?