"MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

"MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Emiliano Salinas: A civil response to violence

 Emiliano Salinas, son of former president Carlos Salinas de Gortari, confronts the current condition of violence in Mexico, and how Mexicans respond to the violence.  He is direct in his call to citizens he prompts Mexicans to remove themselves from denial to action. Emiliano earned his PHD from Harvard (economics) and is the VP of PORUS CAPITAL.  Porus Capital is an investment fund that promotes and funds ethical and innovative projects in Mexico.  He also is the general coordinator of;- Movimiento IN LAK ECH pro la paz A.C.- (IN LAK’ ECH Peace Movement) a civil initiative that seeks peace through change and strengthening society.

One can argue the merit or sincerity of Emiliano's talk on this video, and some have, though mostly it has cause a positive sensation in Mexico.  But to focus on that aspect one loses the value in points made in the video.

Buela

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMahpWvAPWo

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Guerro
Buela sorry but Carlos Salinas de Gortari jajajaja. He is the son of the biggest thief in Mexican history. Sorry Buela but he is poor choice for any representative of any type whether its to stop the violence or etc. First his father should be in jail along with his entire family!!

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

I don't tout his merit...he could be playing a good game.  and you are correct about his father.  If you read my last sentence I said as much, though people that are REALLY in Mx have welcomed this talk and feel it has merit.  I keep an open mind, and I don't follow the crowd, I read all points of view and research intently, and what I came away with is in this video wer some patent points of scrutiny.

If one can forget who is saying the words, and keep open the idea that the message has value then I think that is an intelligent worthy approach.  Reme,ber these speeches are created by people with great knowledge.  I know what is said is true, from personal experience.  I have not written about it because I felt to do so would have those with a racist agenda dancing.  But there comes a time to examine all issues confronted by any positive change in Mexico.  This is one, another is the indiviualism of the society. It is why...it is why....it is why

But  what you say I can't argue with.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Havana

Buela said:

"If you read my last sentence I said as much, though people that are REALLY in Mx have welcomed this talk and feel it has merit."

Guerro lost his ability to understand the written word today. Unless it is monosyllabic. And very simplistic. Just hope it isn't something contagious through the computer.  The mind would be a horrible thing to waste.  Huh, Guerro?
.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

JAJAJA,,,exactly!

Whereas I understand where she is coming from, and trust me I feel the same way about Carlos Salinas, but history teaches us the prejudicial saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"  is it not so or rarely so.  Otherwise there would not be such vast differences in siblings.  It may be a con, but in the meanwhile the young salinas has devoted his young life to some pretty impressive causes.

that aside, I did not want this to become a commentary of the salinas family or even if the words and concern was sincere, this is bigger than that and whoever wrote his words is spot on.  It is the truth as I know it.  Any change and win in Mx has to come from its people, and presently the people are pointing at each other saying "its your problem".  There is a mindset in its society that if not changed and accepting indiviual responsiblity, not feel the victim, not caring about the "whole"  than things will remain the same.
I was hoping people would listen and open their minds to this.

But you are correct Guerro has lost the ability to understand, but I am sure it is intended to strike at anything I write, for this is AllseeingI.  Check it out only my posts+1 has her comments..also against chivo..no big deal at this point.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Guerro
Wow talk about picking fights jaja, how about you follow your own advice! Stop following me you troll. Is that all you had to say?

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

AllseeingI
Banned User
I told you people that user has problems.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Guerro
Lost the ability to understand or maybe I actually have the lived and experienced his fathers disastrous  administration where my family lost everything during the 1994 crisis. Did you live here during that period. The whole family is corrupt to the core and should be locked up behind jail. I agree with Chivo the apple does not fall are from the tree!!!! Once again, keep thinking I am AllseeingI. I could care less, I didn't come here to fight grandma. You were the one who actually started offending me. Just remember that, before you start playing like the victim, which you always do.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

I think you are on my post...therefore you are following me.  if you see the name Buela I am the author of the post so if it upsets you don't click on.  I actually agree with your op more than not, its a shame.  I will take you at your word you are in Mx, and when you are not slamming people you have some good insight.  I give you that.

FYI...Ovemex just posted a nice clarification of who/what I do in Mx.  of course that won't satisfy you.

Lets call a truce and agree to not speak about each other or respond to each others comments.  hows that?

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Guerro wrote
Lost the ability to understand or maybe I actually have the lived and experienced his fathers disastrous  administration where my family lost everything during the 1994 crisis. Did you live here during that period. The whole family is corrupt to the core and should be locked up behind jail. I agree with Chivo the apple does not fall are from the tree!!!! Once again, keep thinking I am AllseeingI. I could care less, I didn't come here to fight grandma. You were the one who actually started offending me. Just remember that, before you start playing like the victim, which you always do.

no I did not live there during that horrific time and 100% agree with your op of carlos salinas.  what i am saying is though I am more suspicious than not of the son's intent he does not have to pay for the sins of his father and should be judged by his own merit or lack thereof.

My family had 7 homes and land overlooking the pacific in playa rosarito.  we loved the place and I grew up spending each summer and every other weekend there.  Salinas stole our land, he realized the value of the property, we had simple homes, built by my father and uncles and a family compound that was magical.   it was horrible that a government could swoop down one day and say this no longer belongs to you.  My grandfathers never gave up their Mx citizenship, the land was legally ours.  or should have been.  But we were lucky the land was second homes I can't imagine if it had been our "everything"  and I think I know why you are bitter against them.  I will give you that, I understand.  But it is not my way please respect that.

 it is not the person saying the words, it is THE WORDS.  I have tried to explain that.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Buela, when I read the first post or so of Guerro this past week I thought we might have a new participant who would add some insightful thoughts, even though he might tend to be a little hysterical.  But it only took about 3 minutes for me to change my opinion.  I have read Buggs definition of a "troll" and though it fits Guerro, I think a better term might be "virus".  He/she is more like a computer virus that someone puts on the net simply to hurt other people.  I don't mean a virus that is put out for criminal activities such as stealing identities - I can understand that.  They are just thieves. But virus that are put on the net just for the joy disrupting or damaging peoples computers.  I have never been able to comprehend the motivation of such people.  I think that fits Guerro.  He/she simply wants to disrupt or damage this forum.  I think I will avoid his posts just as I would a site that my computer security programs tell me is infected with a virus.

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

I agree something is off..
I honestly think allseeing I and Guerro are one in the same, but if not they clearly behave in the manner.  It is sad that Ovemex had to step in and once again vouch for me and my work in Mx.

The fact that any poster would feel so strongly against another poster as to threaten a background check is amazing and mind boggling.

I will avoid the posts in the future and have asked that she does the same with mine!

thanks DD

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Guerro
"I think you are on my post...therefore you are following me.  if you see the name Buela I am the author of the post so if it upsets you don't click on."

What are you talking about Buela? I was replying to wenglenca. Not you!

"FYI...Ovemex just posted a nice clarification of who/what I do in Mx.  of course that won't satisfy you. "

I never questioned what you do in Mexico. That was AllseeingI. Which is not me. But whatever I am not going to repeat myself I told you already I am not him.

Im sorry you lost your home I guess you can understand my anger towards his family. I still stand by what I say, and I hope his son and his entire family GOES TO HELL!! Nothing pissed me off more than Emiliano Salinas, saying he loved Mexico. What a bunch of Bullshit!! I was shaking from anger when I heard those words!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The fact that any poster would feel so strongly against another poster as to threaten a background check is amazing and mind boggling"

I don't feel strongly against anyone remember you started accusing me of someone I am not. You offended me first. Thats why I was mad.

"I will avoid the posts in the future and have asked that she does the same with mine!"

I guess if those are your wishes but I could care less if you did comment on my post. I love to debate jaja!

DD wtf are you talking about. Your whole post didn't make any sense. How simple is it to just say you think I am a virus. Not hard right! Get to the point and stop your ranting.

Whats with the name Digger, Chivo?

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

Guerro
FYI some interesting comments worth reading on the youtube video:

"The Salinas regime stole my family's land forcing all of us to start over from zero and almost fall apart...Emiliano Salina's father Carlos Salinas de Gortari has become the poster child for what's wrong with Mexico..heck, his mask is one of the more popular ones around Halloween, he still haunts us to this day literally...Good talk though very educated fellow.. he probably went to a good school paid for by our tax money. saludos."

"I have to say that this talk did not cause any sensation in Mexico. Not even in San Miguel Allende's TED which I attended. We all think Emiliano's more than privileged life and family history and even direct responsibility in the state our country is in, deprives him of any moral standing to be giving advice. More over, I think it’s not an idea worth spreading that he be associated with the likes of TED's the really important speakers. I really love TED and this makes me sad, really."

"this guy and his family are the main causes of the prevailing climate of violence in Mexico, it's a shame "TED" promote these fakers"

"You are 100% right NOTHING good ever came out of the Salinas family and although this talk seems to make good points i'd be cautious for it might be a political move...as we say in Mexico "Hijo de tigre pintito" (like father like son)"

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

thanks chivo!

Re: "MEXICANS MUST STOP BEING VICTIMS" SAYS SON OF FORMER MX PRESIDENT...VIDEO

A post is a message or article posted...
response to the post is a comment

I think it is creepy that anyone would follow a persons post simply to post rude comments. Post stalker.
I say if you do not like what I write or post stay away, it really is that simple and a practice
I use myself for a person posting on this forum.

I think most of you get my position on this video and salinas. I am speaking of the content of this video, the words not the person delivering the speech.

This was sent to me by not one but two friends in Mx.  It has value and keep it in mind when I POST another article and video soon I will link them together.

Its an old saying and old thinking " like father like son, or the apple does not fall far from the tree"   studies show that is far from true.  SIblings can be very different and often are, yet have the same enviroment.  And one need not look further than Mx and the narcos, many who come from good parents, loving homes etc.  It is not sound thinking to say differently.  But a person has a right to be wrong and narrow in thinking.  I believe a person should be given a clean slate and judged by their actions.  This person so far has done a lot of good, I judge him on that.  However if he is found insincere and self serving it will be at that time I change my viewpoint.  Until then I view him with ears and eyes wide opened.

Salinas is responsible for evil, horrible atrocities.  I do not blame anyone for hating him, I too hate him, I saw what it did to my family.  But this is not Carlos Salinas, and my post is not about him it is about the video content.

Paz...B