"La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

"La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

Reporting:  Dragunov..."somewhere" in Mexico..

CONGRATULATIONS!  MILITARY ZONE 42 FOR COMBATING THE PEOPLE OF CHAPO." IN LESS THAN 15 DAYS PARRAL IS OURS. ATTE. "LINE AND Z."

Friday, June 3, 2011

The city of Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, awoke Thursday morning to the presence of a "narco" banner and grafitti announcing the long rumored alliance between two of bloodiest criminal organizations in Mexico: La Linea and Los Zetas.

Both carried the same message to the Army and the population of Parral: Congratulations 42nd military zone for fighting el Chapo's people. In less than 15 days Parral is ours. Sincerely, La Linea and Z (Los Zetas).

The marriage of convenience between the money from the drugs and trafficking routes of Vicente Carrillo Fuentes and La Linea and the weapons and fighters of Los Zetas has seldom been overt, likely due to the discipline that Vicente Carrillo exerts over his organization and the parts of Chihuahua under his control, which are being disputed by the Sinaloa cartel.

In a video recently posted on Borderland Beat, a member of the Sinaloa Cartel under interrogation by members of La Linea reveals that state and municipal authorities in Parral are on the payroll of the Sinaloa cartel.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/0...member-of.html

The reference to the Army refers to the division of forces across 12 regional commands that control 45 military zones. The 42nd military zone is headquartered in Hidalgo del Parral.

http://www.elagora.com.mx/Advierten-alianza-de-La-Linea-y.html

 http://www.elagora.com.mx/Dejan-narcomensaje-a-militares-en.html

Source:
 Dejan narcomensaje a militares en Parral.

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

el Spaceio
i don't understand so basically that message is talking smack to Military in zone 42 say hahaha you weaken Sinaloa so now we can take over? and if so don't these people realize it will make it way more personal for the Military to beat them in that area then it was when they was fighting Sinaloa?

i would really appreciate some insight into this message and what is likely to become of it if anything at all.

thank You for You're time
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

This alliance has been rumored for a long while.  I was hoping to get so dialog going to see what folks think.

You are correct, they were facetiously thanking "42" for helping them.
That is more a last letter tactic.  Remember in Tamps when Tormenta fell?
and the Mantas the last letter hung?  same thing.

This is an example of poor strategic insight.  Seems Mx is more concerned about the "get" rather than ramifications of the big picture, and often that big view included inadvertantly helping an opposing cartel.

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

My question is if Linea is weakened, and needs the help, or if they are strong, and coming out heavy against Sinaloa,  I read an article on Insight, which I have mixed feelings about, that said it is rumored Vicente Carillo Fuentes has retired and La Linea has taken over control of the Juarez Cartel, I don't know how much sense that makes, they need senior leadership regardless, I was under the impression it was Carillo Fuentes who was holding it together.

Also, why now, the announcement?  Are they feeling confident about going against Sinaloa, with increasing violence in Culican and surrounding areas, the Zeta'a don't look like they are backing down anytime soon.  One thing is, Arellano Felix isn't part of this arrangment, I think it's pretty clear at this point.  The alliance is Zetas, Beltran Leyva, and Juarez, could be the latter two groups have been completley absorbed by the Z.

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

Personally I think it is the first of your sentence not the latter.  It must be because they have weaken in some sense.  But what a mistake, Zs don't enter an alliance unless ultimately it is pure gain for them.

As you know I have preached the strength of the Zs for a long time, people call them unorganized and desperate, but nothing could be further than the truth.  Highly organized they are but their structure can make them appear desperate.  The bottom layer of organization, the attrition, are comprised of the CAs and young men from poor background, and the bottom layer of society.  These are those that are paraded or shown dead after battle.  These are constantly replaced.  The most important to the operation is the middle layer, and the middle layer is for all intents and purpose untouched in this so called drug war.

Back to Juarez.  Something unknown to me is happening there.  I saw the Insight article and whereas I respect Insight I saw it to be flawed, or perhaps I simply do not know as much as I think I know.  But I do think I know why an alliance would be so attractive for the Zs if in fact that Carillo Fuentes is out.  I ask myself would any senior leader be completely out at such a critical time?  I don't see that.

Sinaloa without a doubt remains the most powerful.  I do not believe that Chapo was living in Argentina BTW, and I have heard for months, by solid sources, that he is now in Tabasco.  Logistically it make excellent sense.

Zetas are all over the place, in places they have not had a real presence before.  Look at Sonora.  Hmmm wonder why they want solid ground there? You and I being from SoCal can guess that answer.  Now I had suggested to a friend that Zs absorb some of these groups, like BLO and perhaps Juarez, tho I was half kidding at the time.  That was 3 mos ago, now I am thinking it could happen.

I know we have had dissagreements about Zs strenght and my asertion that CDG is so weakened.  I favor no cartel and Zs are so brutal, I hate them so much.  I don't know if you read my post about safety of night travel in saltillo and PN today, but honestly if it was not for the last letter controlling my state I would not be concerned about disabled kids travelling on buses thru Coahuila at night, but Zs have no boundaries.  J, I would leave my work if my decision led to the death of my kids.  As it is I can't sleep when I send a child to Mty for medical.  I do not like or favor Zs or any cartel, my point is simple OP.  I look at not only Mx but CA and the entire globe to determine real strength.

When evaluating the strength globally one only comes up with two names: Sinaloa and Zetas.  No mas.
In places one would not dream of.  There was a huge bust this month of money laundring and among the top beneficiaries?  Sinaloa and Zs...wwhere was this?  New Zealand!

I still stand by my prediction that Zs will take Reynosa and Mata..CDG better ask Chapo real nicely if they can join his club....:-)

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

ArmChairIntellect
I think there is a lot of evidence to say about JC backing out and assimilated with the Zetas.  The alliance with the Zetas has been around fro several years now.  The car bombs in the city was the first solid indication of this.  I read the insight article as well and I actually think there might be some truth to El Viceroy retiring.  When was the last time we saw anything written on narco message marked att: Juarez Cartel or something.  This is what appears to be the same as what is going on in Tijuana with AFO merging with Sinaloa.  This could turn up being anther Zeta strong hold with great advantage to wage war on CDS and their corridor.

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

el Spaceio
if youse don't dont think z is desperate now. after they get hit hard in CA in the next few months and really become desperate. do youse think they will start attacking police in some of the USA biggest citys? even out where i live NY/Boston area? or could i just be delusional and they not crazy enough to take it to that level in the end game?

a few months ago my state "rhode island" had the biggest cocaine bust in its history and they arrested a Mexican guy that was from one of the cartels(or a lacky) is what the news said

http://www.projo.com/news/content/MORE_COCAINE_02-04-11_LSMAFUE_v8.1864679.html
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

Mano Negra..

So why don't YOU enlighten us?  What's happening?

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

Murcielago

Re: "La Linea" and "Los Zetas" cartels alliance announced

Murcielago...Whereas I agree Sinaloa has weaken on the Mx front, they remain the most powerful.  If they do not make quick and radical adjustments their weakening strength will be undeniable.

Mano...I had such high hopes for you when you first arrived on the scene, it was my op, which I shared with Ove that you were unlike the silly wanna be posers here on The Board.  My sense is you are "in" or "connected".  But each time I asked of you simple info you did not reply, even asked if you would send me the info you had in spanish and I would translate, again nada.  So either you are simply rude or just another poser.  The jury is out and I stopped caring.

However...on your reply today.  You are, I assume, speaking of Attritional Warfare?  Interesting strategy and one that would be effective against many cartels, and one I feel was implemented by the last letter from the beginning.  The organizational structure of the Zs has that bottom layer of calcuable attrition.  People thought it desperate as they recruited from anywhere, migrants off buses, wherever, but it was not desperation it was strategy and this layer is the dead bodies left behind after battle, but they were recruited for just that.  They are completely expendable, so what looks like a big hit really does little and absolutely nothing to the all important middle layer.  I do not think any other cartel can withstand attritional warfare unless they have tweaked their structure to include massive amounts of foot soldiers specifically for attrition.

Now and as always; My Dos Centavos