"I"I guess right now in Mexico my biggest challenge is to stay alive,"

"I"I guess right now in Mexico my biggest challenge is to stay alive,"

DD
  That is a quote from the reporter who published a book "The Demons of Eden" exposed a child porno   and sex trafficking ring in Cancun that involved Senators and politicians.  She was thrown in jail and tortured for publishing that book.  Since getting out, she has started a prevention campaign "No estoy en venta" and written another book "The Slaves of Power" after six years of investigating international sex trafficking.

http://povertynewsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-mexico-human-trafficking-is-often.html

http://povertynewsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-mexico-human-trafficking-is-often.html

Re: "I"I guess right now in Mexico my biggest challenge is to stay alive,"

Her campaign....I wonder if it is a part of GEMS?

GEMS motto is "GIRLS ARE NOT FOR SALE" I became involved thru an atty friend (org from DF) who is very involved.  I have decades of exp in sexual abuse issues adn thought I was well educated in the subject, but found how little I knew before GEMS.

the trafficking and abuse of children is not unique to any country and the US is no minor player.  We must remember that when taking these stories into account.

Did you know that 13 is the average age a girl will be "bought" and sold?

check this video out this vid....GEMS  NYC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWUghV9ZZyY&feature=relmfu
and this is cool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=jo5USQIM9ck&vq=medium#t=56

these are not runaways, you should be able to download the documentary and be blown away, stories like the girl kidnapped but by the time she broke away she was in trouble not her captor....

Re: "I"I guess right now in Mexico my biggest challenge is to stay alive,"

I Grow Mexicos Best Weed
"I have decades of exp in sexual abuse issues adn thought I was well educated in the subject"

Does this mean you are a therapist or that you read a lot?

Re: "I"I guess right now in Mexico my biggest challenge is to stay alive,"

jajaja...I do obviouslyt read a lot, but I began my humanitarian work with our family foundation as hands on with groups in california and CASA throughout the west coast and northwest.  I was a community advocate representing our county in sacramento, chaired a committee with the county sheriff for sexual abuse of children etc etc etc  I met with the most respected professionals in the field.

those county appts stemmed from something I became famous for.  I single handedly would track sexual predators in the area.  I am not in the opinion it is desireable to kick them out of town, because then it becomes the threat to other children elsewhere.  I say be vigilant.  So I began noticing multiple pervs at two addresses, which is suppose to be a no-no and one of the addys was less than 100 feet from a school.  so I went checking and found it was a motel.  Both.  The beach city was known around the world and is a vacation destination for families.  I found in one motel 12 pervs in 30 rooms, the other had 18 in 36.  I was livid and wrote letters to the mayor, city council, and chief of police and the owners of the motels on the envelope wrote

SEXUAL PREDATORS BEING DUMPED IN _______________

within 48 hrs on a sat the mayor and chief called me.  I was able to have the prevs removed and banned from residential living in hotels/motels.  This went on to happen many places along the coast.  The motel owners Thanked my "√∂rganization" for enlightening them to the issue, jajaja  org?  just one Buela....the chief and I became good friends.

that was years ago, I was asked to serve on comittees etc and became aware of what exists.  I still have a separate org in the US in addition to  my foreign org.