"El Sierra" Arrested Again

Itzli
I thought this was big enough news that I should mention it in a separate post rather than the Gulf Cartel thread:

Juan Gabriel Montes Sermeño, alias ”El Sierra”, was once again arrested, this time in southern Guanajuato.

Re: "El Sierra" Arrested Again

ToPHeR
wow. when was he released?

Re: "El Sierra" Arrested Again

Chava
Montes Sermeño had previously been arrested by members of the Secretary of the Navy, in September last year. He was admitted to the facilities of the Center for Execution of Sanctions in Cd. Victoria and placed at the disposal of the corresponding Judicial Authority who in the next hours will resolve his legal situation.

http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=684557&idFC=2017

Did he "resolve" his legal situation with money?

Re: "El Sierra" Arrested Again

La Plata
Wow, that is huge news! I had absolutely no idea he had been released.  I thought he was serving a pretty long sentence. It's very interesting that we've heard no mention of him until this recapture. Let's not forget, Sierra was one of Osiel's right-hand men and had total control of parts of central and southern Tamaulipas and stretching down into Veracruz. I also remember reading he still pull a lot of strings behind bars and had very significant political ties. Speaking of El Sierra, whatever happened to his son Flaco Sierra? Last I remember hearing about him he was bankrolling/supporting/backing Los Dragones and Sheila against Los Fresitas.
AKA El Plata

Re: "El Sierra" Arrested Again

Is this the Sierra from 2012? or a later year?

Re: "El Sierra" Arrested Again

Tacuache
In southern GTO, cops don't play.  They are the only game in town.

Re: "El Sierra" Arrested Again

Itzli
Not sure when he was released, I honestly hesitated to post at the beginning trying to remember if I knew he was out and had just forgotten as the news was bigger in my opinion if we thought he was imprisoned.  Looking through some posts, I did find this posted by, ironically enough, ToPHeR:

Nov 11, 2014; 6:56pm
Re: Current Events in the Gulf Cartel

I saw a post that said Sierra is actually free and is in Matamoros...

"Tal vez el kelin y quique r1 van a platicar con el Gaby Sierra quien esta en Matamoros libre, para que el gaby hable con los ciclones y cdg en matamoros para que paren esta guerra.

El Gaby anda mas tranquilo que antes, antes andaba en porsche boxter y ahora anda en un ferrari amarillo, un viper azul, un mercedes antiguo, un hot rod, un boxter azul y un porsche 911.

I've been trying to find information as to the exact location he was arrested, but haven't had any luck.  Southern Guanajuato is my paternal homeland and it has increasingly gotten bad down there but information is sketchy.  Not sure if his presence and arrest has anything to do with it.