"El Marro" vs. CJNG Strikes Small Town

Itzli
In June I first posted about Jose Antonio Yépez Ortiz, alias "El Marro", the leader of the so called Cartel de Santa Rosa de Lima and followed up on the post in August when the CJNG declared war against "El Marro".  Less than a month ago "El Marro" gained attention on the mainboard following a video being made by "El Marro" who, in turn, threatened the CJNG.  While violence in southern Guanajuato has continued to be elevated, I learned last night of yet another threat by "El Marro" directed at the CJNG.

Within the municipality of Celaya lies the small town of San Miguel Octopan.

With a population of roughly 13,000 individuals, San Miguel is a primarily agrarian community with many individuals commuting daily to Celaya for work.  Like most small towns, the heart of the community revolves around the town church (dedicated to its patron namesake, the archangel Saint Michael), the town plaza/park, and the nearby delegación which serves as a government town hall of sorts.

Around 10:00 PM on the night of Thursday, November 2nd, word spread of a decapitated head and message left in front of the delegación.  While most media has not reported beyond this, I do know that the area, including the plaza, was thereafter blocked off by police tape to prevent access the the site.  However I have obtained a picture of the macabre event.

The message reads: "We are people of the cartel of Guanajuato and here we are rolling about 'culeros' to all the enemies and people that collaborate with the CJNG you will pass the same thing *illegible but likely thieves*...extortioners...rapists...kidnappers...and 'borregas' (literally sheep)."

The head that was left with the message is said to be a local individual in his early 40s who was an alleged thief.

Re: "El Marro" vs. CJNG Strikes Small Town

ElVaquero007
Borregas = Prostitutes