"El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Itzli

Reports indicate that there was a major shootout before dawn on Monday between members of the military and members of the Matamoros faction of the Gulf Cartel.  It is being said that "El Fily" was killed, though he is being listed as "Ciclòn 40".  However, it does appear that this individual is one in the same as "El Fili", also known as "Ciclón 385", that I have posted about previously.

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Bjeff
Good find, Itzli.

His name was Filiberto Munguía Bravo. They have changed a lot of claves apparently so he switched from 385 to 40 as you say.

Thought I'd also share that Dr Balaceras or Gerardo Silva, an associate of Fili and possible a financer, was said to have been killed in April 2016. I don't think that has been reported before. There is a corrido out about it.

Apparently the shootout in question. Cannot see much though

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Itzli
Thanks for the additional details, I'm not sure that I heard that Dr Balaceras was killed.

On a side note, according to some comments about the death of "El Fily", it appears that he killed "El Cherrys".

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Nutcase
Yes he killed Gordo cherrys in matamoros not the el cherry that had all the gory pics.

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Best
Anyone know if if this "Fili" was allied to Snr Cortez? And if the Cardenas Family has a working relationship with Cortez?

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Itzli
Good questions that I was thinking about myself but, unfortunately, do not have an answer to.  A while back ago there was a rumor that "Snr Cortez" was actually an alias of Alfredo "El Contador" Cardenas.  I was, and still am, very skeptical of this as the emergence of "Snr Cortez" in Matamoros aligns quite well with rumors that "Cortez" of Los Metros fleeing to Matamoros.

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Cuidado
Whatver happened to that freak El Cherry from cdg?

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Nutcase

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Bjeff
I think the rumor about Sr Cortez and Alfredo C is without merit. Sources within Ciclones claim it was planted by the government. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the guy, but of course his gun and that should be as good as a passport in the cartel world

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Mako
Alfredo Cardenas is not Comandante Cortez

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Itzli
Either of you have any clue who "G+" is?

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Bjeff
Not totally sure, but I think Sr G is Gama 3: Eduardo Ismael Flores Borrego

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

Bjeff
Another tidbit: El Fili was supposed to have started out as M7 with the Grupo Marinos of Mario Cardenas

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

dcm90
Is that a type 3 vest?

Re: "El Fily" of CDG Matamoros Killed

oner
i remember a video of a group of cdg people with a banner saying "we are groupo of "m"s not of metros"

it was around 2 years ago though.  it does not help having metros using m-...

so marinos is what the m stood for,that makes sense.