"El Chapo Guzmán" is already a registered trademark; Emma Coronel will market clothing and accessories

"El Chapo Guzmán" is already a registered trademark; Emma Coronel will market clothing and accessories

stevectpa
https://zetatijuana.com/2019/03/el-chapo-guzman-ya-es-marca-registrada-emma-coronel-comercializara-ropa-y-accesorios/

By Carlos Álvarez Friday, March 29, 2019 12:29 PM

"El Chapo Guzmán" is already a registered trademark; Emma Coronel will market clothing and accessories

National  Carlos Álvarez Friday, March 29, 2019 12:29 PM
-z   + Z
The Sinaloa capo Joaquín Archivaldo Guzmán Loera yielded to his wife Emma Coronel Aispuro the intellectual property rights of his brand, "El Chapo Guzmán", to create a line of clothing and accessories, which will be available as of this summer, according to the CNN network, which reported the event.

The former leader of the Sinaloa Cartel received a special permit from the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, where he is being held, in order to sign a civil contract where he gives the rights of his intellectual property to the company JGL LLC, which formally began operations from today.

"I am very excited to start this project based on ideas and concepts that my husband and I had years ago," Coronel Aispuro said in a statement quoted by CNN. The limited liability company or LLC published an edict this Friday in the New York Journal, one of the requirements for such companies to publicly announce their creation.

The firm also involved lawyers Jeffrey Lichtman, Eduardo Balarezo and William Purpura, who defended the Sinaloa boss in the Eastern District Court of New York, where Chapo was found guilty unanimously of 10 crimes related to drug trafficking.

However, the defenders announced that the Sinaloa drug trafficker does not have any participation in the project since it only belongs to his wife and twins whom he seeks to "protect in the future", in addition to the registration of the brand, Colonel Aispuro seeks to compete against piracy.

During the so-called "Trial of the Century" - the longest and most expensive in the history of the USA - defense lawyers from Sinaloa showed a cap with the logo of the brand with which they plan to market from clothes to accessories for the home.

Re: "El Chapo Guzmán" is already a registered trademark; Emma Coronel will market clothing and accessories

there is going to be a fight.  the kids claim to already have the trademark, BUT as i reported mexican news said they were denied three ties.

the children absolutely hate emma, who is moving to the US

Re: "El Chapo Guzmán" is already a registered trademark; Emma Coronel will market clothing and accessories

Mica
I am sure whatever allowance Chapitos were instructed to pay out stopped soon after the verdict.