pretty damn good documentary

durrr
Banned User
Vice news documentary about something that hasnt really been touched on in the media in the states.... thought that it was pretty accurate. not sure how to embed so here is the link...

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/vice-news/cocaine--crude-full-length-777

Re: pretty damn good documentary

durrr
Banned User
MY BAD!!  just seen it on main board!

still good for the forum readers i guess.

Re: pretty damn good documentary

That poor guy they talked about in the video.Insult to injury of the worst kind.Not only did he lose 10 family members and his house in that raging fire from the illegal pipeline tap but when  Pemex gave him his settlement lo and behold cartel members kidnapped him to draw every last dime of his settlement.Holy crap do I feel for that poor unfortunate INNOCENT.

Re: pretty damn good documentary

Hola

it is fine to post both places.

this is a great video to explain how intense the oil theft situation is and how it translates to harming innocents, spurning corruption and requires government soldiers.  I can't imagine if they were not patrolling, but they have corruption issues themselves.

While I don't agree with a bit of the information given, overall it is a job well done.

Just a little tip, titles are important, a hook

Paz

Re: pretty damn good documentary

Mexico-Watcher
Excellent documentary.

Petroleum theft must involve complex business network relationships.  That part of the documentary dealing with the American side of the crimes was disturbing for its implications.

I have lots of questions of exactly "how" the stolen petroleum products enter the USA and ultimately get used by consumers.  There has to be real "shady" deals cut by US business enterprises with Mexican criminals (Zetas?) to make large quantities of petroleum products enter the US economy.

The money transactions (or their equivalent dollar value must be complex and involve executive type "brains"?  How are the profits "laundered".... it cannot be that easy disposing of thousands of gallons of stolen petroleum products daily.

Thanks for posting the Vice documentary.  IMO. it belongs in Borderland Beat.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: pretty damn good documentary

Pinchegringo
With 17,000 miles of pipeline and an illegal tap every 8 miles :smh:

It's big business obviously. Nigeria is currently experiencing something similar, but on a far grander scale.