personal protection

DTC

personal protection

DTC
Did anybody notice the article in LA PODAKA an older couple door kicked at their home lady shoots both invaders kills one other is captured with kidnapping parafinalia , police confiscate old womans pistol. We all shuld know that NO govt can protect a person indivdually. Mexico is a poster example of disarm public only criminals will be armed.Responsible people must be allowed to posess firearms tazers stun guns your choice. Texas is an example kick a residential door in you very well may be shot criminally minded people are very aware of this fact.Try to hijack a car or pickup same thing you may die.Law enforcment in Mexico is and has been non existant for the vast majority of citizens. In Texas when your life is at risk during a criminal episode same thing you are on your own, dial 911 and maby someone will get to you in time to save your butt.Ironically Progressives tout personal liberty yet distrust the people opposing right to carry legislation,yet the facts speak for themselves right to carry states have lower crime rates per capita tahn states with opressive legislation concerning private firearm possesion. Forget guns if a tazer was as effective as a shotgun I would be touting tazers. Look at Switzerland where gun ownership is manitory as is training in use, Compare Switzerland to Mexico where gun possesion is Military permit only and the only permits issued were to Gringo hunters who once hunted in Mexico pate tense. Even tho it will never happen in Mexico the poor public has a absolute RIGHT to self protection in spite of government The people should be allowed how in the hell could it screw up Mexico any worse than it already is??

Re: personal protection

BoLeo
DTC, amigo.....I could not agree more with you.  The bad guys will always have guns, regardless of the law.....HELLO.......they ARE the bad guys!  Laws mean nothing to them anyway.  Your post caught my eye because of the Switzerland referance.  Teddy Roosevelt used them as an example of why the Germans attacked Belguim instead of the Swiss at the  start WW-1.  The Swiss were all armed and had military training.  Mexico Militia?  I know a neighbor to the north that parlayed that into a world superpower.  Obviously we live in a totally different era but the rank and file of Mexico are the people that are at the terror end of this clusterf*ck, and don't know who to trust.  Neighborhood militia, possible option to rolling the dice with going to the police.  I hope to see the day that we stand on equall ground of opportunitiy and see our children grow without fear of violence in the street.