my two weeks in Mexico

mygulg
Multiple times a day i find myself logging onto Boarderland Beat to follow the news on what is happening in Mexico. As someone who has always been a huge fan of mexican culture, hertiage, and mexican waves surfing this website might not be the best place for a positive outlook on those subjects. It was not alwyas this way, but after an unjust arrest in Rosarito by some corrupt Federales a decade ago I started to follow the crimes. Which lead to the intrigue of following cartel violence. Next thing I know Im logging onto Borderland Beat daily to see the latest on CDS, CDG, Z, CT, etc...

I noticed the frequent journeys became less and less to Mexico and Baja. The more I read the more I felt frightened by acitivies. Even though some of those activities were more than 800 miles away. My true world of knowing Mexico became more and more surreal and I read more and more. To the point where my paranoia on Mexico because somewhat of a psychical burden. I became to warm my friends, you can't go to Tijuana, the plaza is going to heat up again! Dont go. It became crazy. I felt like part of me was dying. I needed Mexico. I needed the warm friendly faces, the empty beaches full of perfect waves, so I scheduled a two week trip. I needed to go witness it for myself.

I just returnd spending the last two weeks driving around between Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta and everywhere in between. My culture, the food, the waves, everything was there like it was 15 years ago. Ok, maybe not exactly but I was just so happy to spend time down there again. The historic destrict of Gaudalajara, the restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, the art, the music. I felt alive again.

I just left like I rad to write this, because Borderland Beat does take up a lot of freetime in my life, reading articles by Chivis, Buggs, and everyone else. But now I am going to learn that with as much bad that is happening down there, that the good still outweighs the bad and I love Mexico with all my heart. Viva Mexico!

Re: my two weeks in Mexico

Nutcase
This makes me happy
Seeing is believing

Re: my two weeks in Mexico

mofle619
Good stuff... Baja is still beautiful.

Re: my two weeks in Mexico

@mygulg.  Thanks for helping us balance out the bad with the good.  A lot of us here on BB read a lot more of the bad than even gets posted here.

But we try to balance it a little..We think Mexico is a wonderful country - it's people, it's culture, and scenery.  Yes it has a lot of problems, but stories like yours helps us keep our balance.

If you missed them here are is a "good" story from the recent past.

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/The-Good-The-Bad-and-the-Surprising-Hasta-luego-Mexico-tp4045966.html

Re: my two weeks in Mexico

You can't let the narco stuff influence you to believe that Mexico is an unsafe, ugly, country, it's easier if you are not in a border town, to let the news on here consume your worldview.