is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

scottlogistics
is it possible to sell drugs or run a cartel without violence

i know this is only a show - queen of the south  , usa network

but she made a good point , she said something like  (can't this business be done without all this killing or violence)

.
i just thought the whole purpose of dealing drugs was the (money)

.
also i get tired of these cartels holding up posters saying stuff like (we killed him because he robbed the poor) or we dont bother the working class or the poor)

at least the worst of the worst are locked up

1. z-40
2. la tuta
3. el teo

Re: is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

dcm90
When Jose Cuervo has a beef with with Don Julio they fight with lawyers and not sicarios. Now if we make alcohol illegal...

Re: is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

Siskiyou_Kid
That's close to my line of thinking.

Roche, Pfizer, and Novartis are among the largest drug cartels in the world, and they dominate with lawyers and lobbyists, not violence.

Re: is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

el Jesse James
Say youre Mayo Zambada, and you sent your acquaintance Chino Antrax to go grab and bring back your 2 tons of perico. But Chino goes to Colombia to pick it up and a smokin hot Colombiana seduces ol' Chino and convinces him to say screw you and run off with your merchandise. Who are you gonna call for recourse? Policia Federal? (Maybe Mayo actually could but let's pretend that ain't the case) No. You're gonna have to call Macho Prieto, or someone with the ability to project violence (albeit without the permission/monopoly on violence that the gov't has).

There's gonna be violence. Nature of the business. However, can the drug trade happen without violence visiting upon innocent people? Well, it damn well should be that way. I'm not sure where exactly one can point to for certain as the point which caused the drug trade to go from organized Guadalajara Cartel style to sloppy 15 year old Zetas on meth style..

With legalization, there will still be violence. Albeit mostly only carried out by gentlemen with the permission of their gov't, and I'd reckon much more isolated as well..

dam thanks , you guys all made good points , its messed up tho , cause say you work for a cartel , but you in it for just the money , but your cartel boss orders you to kill a family and kids , what happens then , you have a big decision to make , guess u have to do like scarface , when he had to kill them kids in that car , but  what i can't understand is these bad guys killing people that tell on them or killing cops or mayors that are  against them or fight against them. those people  are suppose to do that.   to me thats all part of the game or that comes with the game. if i was a drug lord , i wouldn't kill mayors , cops , politicians or people that are fighting for whats right or against me . u have to just accept thats all apart of the game

Re: is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

Siskiyou_Kid
Running a successful business involves carefully using financial resources, skilled managers, and suppliers/contractors on one end, while maintaining control/respect from front line grunts all the way to partners and competitors on the other end.

How would you react when a contractor or manager walks off with a certain number of units or the proceeds from said units, everyone down the line knows it, and there is no legal method for recovery?

Failure to react in a decisive and severe manner will leave you tagged as an easy mark, and your leadership will be doubted to the point that someone in your company will feel obligated to remove you and assume control, even if they had no ambition for career advancement.

This is standard instruction from any course in organizational management, which was my field of concentration in business school.

Re: is it possible to sell drugs without the violence

el Jesse James
^^^^There ya go scott.. exactly my point albeit sisk said it much better worded. Humans didn't get to the top of the food chain because of our kindness. Violence is in our DNA, and just because a gov't has a monopoly on it and the populous gives said gov't permission, doesn't mean the violence ain't occurring. My point being, in the absence of being able to rely on a gov't to project violence on your behalf when a problem arises; you're left with the only option being you must step up and fill the role and project violence yourself to resolve the issue.

As I mentioned, IMO the real issue is violence being visited upon those undeserving of it. I definitely think the decay of morality within the drug trade plays a big role. Ie the old school dudes definitely still had a code they abided by. But the emergence of Los Z perhaps (?) along with the reaction to their methods threw that out the window. Honestly I really do believe the Mexican gov't could shut down the cartels if there was a common goal/desire to do so. I don't see why a nationwide crackdown + assault on all cartels wouldn't atleast fragment them to the point that no large groups existed anymore. But too many officials/etc are too easily corrupted.. and there's too much money to be made with too many poor people not having any other option to make similar amounts of money.