in Monterrey

lito brito
This post was updated on .
well i am in Monterrey...and it is pretty normal ..seems a little less tense than the last time..but it also seems that after 10 pm there are a lot less people out in the streets also..everybody says to stay in and not be out late ..one woman related a story how her brother went to the store to get a caugamon and was killed ..she said he had no connections with any bad guys ..just a normal guy who hung around the house and just drank beer...no motive for his death...maybe just a random killing?... the kind that don't make the news .... it is hot here  ..but no hotter than where i came from ..and actually less humid.. not nearly as miserable...a change ..they went over to the area where they sold a lot of clothes at a  street market and took an end loader and removed all traces of the market...why? ..no se...my opinion...part of the effort to destroy the grass roots cash economy of Mexico?...seems like prices one common houshold articles have risen...waldos is more expensive than the dollar tree now..not much to tell so far ..no news is good news...one thing ..when i crossed the border ..the price for the 6 meis permiso is now 23 dollars ..up from 20..and the militares were searching the busses more ..it took about two horas to get cleared..and i t seemed like the aduana people were really checking hard for regalos y otras cosas to hit people with dutys for ...also i have seen a lot of transitos on foot at lots of busy intersection blowing whistles and waving people over to give them tickets ...the city is grabbing all the revenue it can..i will post any thing i see on the  news ..or hear being said around...ha ..i just noticed two storys about Mexico have made it to CNN..ponchis...and the ATF gun runners story...wow two at once....amazing

Re: in Monterrey

Hola Briiito-Man...

Hey I heard 18-20 killed in NL yesterday....do you know how much of the number was in Mty?

Re: in Monterrey

lito brito
i didn't catch the news today B..i was at the stores most of the day...and i was at a birthday party most  of the evening...i will try to catch up on the noticias manana...but i didn't hear anything from anybody..but that dosen't mean anything...nobody talks that much about things ...i haven't been out at night ..so i don't have any feel for whats up at night ..the daytime was pretty normal though...this is funny though..i went to the big soriana over by the tec de monterrey today...they are charging a fee for parking ..but it is free for the first two horas ..after that it is a voluntary probena???... the rationale behind it is for security...which consists of a little draw bar that raises when you pull up to the parking area  and take a ticket from the machine...and then there is a girl in a cage who takes your ticket on the way out...thats it ...pretty secure ...from what i couldn't guess

Re: in Monterrey

lito brito
hey B here is the blog del narco link about the NL situation    http://www.blogdelnarco.com/2011/07/lunes-rojo-en-nuevo-leon-18-muertos.html#more

Re: in Monterrey

ovemex
@Buela:

Of the 18 killed Monday in Nuevo Leon, 3 were killed actually in Monterrey:

6 were killed in Sabinas Hidalgo (5 sicarios and 1 innocent woman)
1 man in Juarez, NL
2 men (sicarios) killed in shoot out soldiers in Marin, N.L.
1 womans' body found burned in Garcia, NL
1 man, Jorge Alberto Hernández, San Angel Sur, Mty, NL
1 man El Barrial, Santiago, NL
3 young men. (teens?)/ Santa Cantarina, NL
1 woman, Mty NL
1 man, El Uro, Mty
1 man, Allende, NL

Hope this helps with your question!
Saludos,
Ovemex

Re: in Monterrey

El Regio
lol What's up Brito, where have you been? You mention the Soriana by El Tec, you are referring to the one on Garza Sada and Alfonso Reyes? I have stayed at that Holiday Inn Express right at the corner!
Things are pretty hot in that area from there all the way to La Indepe because that whole area is flooded with Zetas and Golfas are in La Estanzuela so they battle it out in that part of Mty...

careful

Re: in Monterrey

lito brito
 konda Regio...yeap..that is the one..yeah i am keeping it cool...i was only over there to go to that star mart over that way...looking to buy a new toilet seat...jjjajal...ife has got to go on ..the mundane things...

Re: in Monterrey

El Regio
Man it's great to see you back on here... lol some old school Borderland beat!! You know I have family over by Los Arcos, by the Volkswagon dealership!