i hate main board just a rant.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

Bajadrone-2

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

hola forum

I was gone yesterday and only was on BB for 5 minutes.  I just saw this and sadly I am disappointed it was allowed to remain up.

I used to received weekly comments on MB from people saying that forum was like a HS click that did not welcome newcomers, and they said some horrible things towards certain forum posters, especially those who became reporters.

I never allowed those to be posted as I consider comments like the title of this post childish, unproductive and a slap in the face to Buggs who in 2009 began this project out of his love of Mexico.

As for you chapmaso, you will be banned for a week.  I don't know what you call "Stupid" comments, but MB also has excellent comments, informative from people on the ground.

Do you know who Ioan Grillo is?  the esteemed journalist and author?

He told me last week during a chat, that our mainboard comments is what he gravitates to and that the comments represent a group of people that are better informed about the narco war than any other group he has seen.

It's amazing and kind of sad to see the kind of immaturity that often takes place, on the internet in general.....Forum, mainboard no exception....Theres so much worthwhile though, you have to take what you like and disregard the rest.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

ThinkTank

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

Bajadrone-2

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

I feel BB admins are only trying to cut down on "unnecessary" gibberish being posted. If what people write doesn't add to the story, or generate discussion, it doesn't make it past the screeners. What is a shock to me was seeing my last comment, on this thread, deleted. I have to really think long and hard on whether I violated BB policy! JK... Chivis reads everything! She can call me a degenerate, I wouldn't argue!

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

well.....I don't really read many, but I do get each and every comment sent to my inbox :(

what comment was deleted?  I did not delete any of yours and rarely delete on forum.  it may have been a reply to a comment from a person who was deleted.  don't know.  if the first goes then so does the replies.

In general attacks on others is a sure way to get in the dog house.  where it gets tricky is replies  on the subject but adding a few digs at a person who wrote the comment may or may not be ok.  however name calling to a public person, especially if it is Alfredo Castillo is not only ok, it is encouraged. :)

Forum does a good job.  I don't have to keep an eye on it so much, but if I see a person is trolling, and we have a couple wearing ice skates, when a comment comes across with their name I do read it.

on MB it is anonymous.  so the freaks will send some garbage in and hope we are not reading them to the end.  I wish I could share what some of them write, some are funny but vastly inappropriate, others vile, and a few are so sick it makes you want to home school all the children and keep them close.

Today we had over 300 comments on MB.  Me and DD do the most of them, Buggs lurks and does mod now and then.  he does here also.!!!!

BTW I don't think Chapmaso was being mean spirited, I don't recall him ever being a problem.  But it really can't be tolerated.  It will get out of hand.  MB people already don't like forum people much.  and after the post went up we received some comments about it.

at times I feel I am teaching 4th grade without a teaching credential.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

No paso nada, Chivis.  ;-) Estar molesto contigo seria pecado.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

:)

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

that was easy...

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

slayer421
I love both boards and it's great to hear that Ioan loves this site...no candle can be held close to this site. Chivis is always doing great job even when she has "retired", cough cough. Some people are just pathetic with their comments but oh well, it'll never stop.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

damn slayer I needed that.  I am very grouchy this week and this stuff just set me off.

MB hates forum and I guess some forum peeps hate MB, isn't that like one kids fighting over who is better mom or dad?  we are the same.

I did retire from posting.  that gives me so much more time you would not believe.  DD has stepped up to help with MB and Forum as admin, valor is admin of BB FB, I still run BB twitter (15 min per day no big deal)

But BB is rising again to the former popularity.  I guess a few people left thinking MB would not be as good when I left and actually I think it is better.  it is best when we have a good variety of reporters posting.

typically we were at 2 to 2.2 mil views on mb per month before I left.  it went down to 1.3 to 1.5 and now last month it is

1,905,200!  yay.  Otis, lucio and DD are pumping out the posts, and the "second tier have stepped up to post a couple per week at least.

and best of all...

in 2 weeks maybe 3 we will hit the 100 million all time page views on MB!

so cool

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

Rubbertoe
I don't understand why anyone would Hate either??? I guess some cannot tolerate divergent and sometimes off the wall comments, and others resent structure. I admire and encourage the contributors and wish I could help. I have some special interests and have to fly under the wire. I depend on both for information to support my interests and efforts. Those revolve around engendering real, sustainable social change here. Particularly related to the plight of women in Mexico. I'm in for well over six figures and running on empty at this time. Thinking about crowd funding.

I have gathered e-mail addresses of reporters who wrote stories about the conditions here in Mexico. When I read something of interest I send it along to the list of reporters, hoping to give the story some legs. They love to do follow ups as they require less time and build their reputation. I do this because I firmly believe that the only possible way to nudge the Mexican government at this juncture is international public embarrassment. The macho culture responds with violence when possible but it's difficult to shoot a reporter in France.

In truth I find the constant chatter about who got arrested, or who is in charge of which cartel uninteresting. It reminds me of friends I have know who collected baseball cards and could rattle off name, teams, averages, endlessly. Killing them off is like playing wack a mole. The culture of Mexico needs to change so that there is some relief of poverty, allowing people to make a living wage via legal means and governmental accountability is required for that. Yes, very unrealistic thinking on my part. I enjoy one to one much more.

Keep your chin up Chivas. Be proud of your contributions. It's easy to feel unappreciated sometimes when you are doing good work.

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

Bajadrone-2

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

thank you so much.  Even more I love hearing more about readers on a personal level.

paz

Re: i hate main board just a rant.

ArmChairIntellect
People will always be people at the end of the day for better or worse.  I chuckled a lil bit at the retired part. :)  As some might say, the garden will always need a weeding.  Been some time Beula, hope you're well.
12