fantasma captured

MANO
Kaput
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: fantasma captured

Texpatnmx
Which fantasma?

Re: fantasma captured

El Debate, the newspaper in Culiacan, Sinaloa, is reporting that Johnathan Salas Avilez, alias "El Fantasma", has been captured in Costa Rica, Sinaloa. Four of his bodyguards have been detained as well. He is a high ranking member of the Sinaloa Cartel, and is believed to be a top assassin.

Readers will recall that Borderland Beat previously reported the possible assassination of Salas Avilez by the Army in Quila, this past March.

Read about that: HERE

http://www.debate.com.mx/eldebate/noticias/default.asp?IdArt=12947769&IdCat=17402

Re: fantasma captured

777
Do you think the federal government will release any details of the operation? We'll see if Pena Nieto was being serious about not "glorifying" detainees with perp walks and such. It says the state authorities didn't participate. I wonder why?

Re: fantasma captured

thanks mano...
can you do me a favor..my post on mainboard, is that him?  I went thru so many photos and found 4 that were supposed to be him but of 3 different guys...I think I picked the correct one.

Re: fantasma captured

reports say he was killed..

TRC

Re: fantasma captured

TRC
I wonder if the state police were not notified so as to assure the arrest occurred because it is well known they work for Chapo. And it is becoming more obvious the Federal police with the new president do not.

Re: fantasma captured

Texcoco

Re: fantasma captured

elcienporcien

Re: fantasma captured

@ elcienporcien, the Costa Rica referred to is a small town in Sinaloa, not the the country.

Re: fantasma captured

El Bravo is most commonly mentioned as SeƱor Guzman's personal chief of security, but I suppose Teniente Fantasma, along with Macho Prieto, could be considered security, if you think of hit squads as security.

El Ondeado was given a similar title when he was killed, and when they captured Ovidio Limon Sanchez, a big deal was made about a pending announcement that the chief of security for the Sinaloa Cartel was captured, when it didn't make any sense at all.

Re: fantasma captured

elcienporcien

Re: fantasma captured

Siskiyou_Kid
It's a good question, because the government always says they have the chief of security, instead of just admitting they have some guy with guns and drugs.

Re: fantasma captured

Big Sur
chapo has fantasma and bravo, bravo never leaves chapo side. fantasma was like a chino antrax to chapo like chino is to mayo. mayo has el 20 that never leaves mayo side. but the corridos these days are whacked! just lies and lil narcs trying to exalt themselves... My opinion

Re: fantasma captured

@ elcienporcien.  Not dumb at all.  you read he is captured in Costa Rica, the natural assumption is the country.  I went back and re-read the story after reading it the first time and it didn't make sense.

Re: fantasma captured

jajaja  so did BDN...that's ok it isn't mine anyway a reader sends me the best fotos and that was one

Re: fantasma captured

Sinaloa2256

Re: fantasma captured

Havana
Hi everyone: I always too felt (and this is just pure speculation)  that Chapo and other cartel leaders must have a higher level sicario team and a top level of  security not necessarily interchangeable- with names that never have met the press. I may be way off on this.