email required to post comments on main page

email required to post comments on main page

buggs
Recently it has become an issue with deleting a lot of comments from the main page from people (seems to be a handful posting shit over and over) who harass collaborators and just troll the comments section without providing any constructive discussion to the topic. For this reason and other, users will need to comment using an email. We can then ban email if they are abusive toward collaborators or are trolling the messages that take too much time for us to filter them out. You can still remain anonymous by ensuring your email does not have any personal information and make your profile private, so no one can know who you are, but gives us the ability to ban emails without knowing who they are.

I would hope our members are understanding and supportive in  this effort, we have learned that the commenters play a crucial role in learning about the cartels but there are those who muddy the water with unnecessary BS. Thank you for being here as part of the BB community.
Borderland Beat

Re: email required to post comments on main page

BBfollower
Probably the comments will drop significantly now...I have a problem, maybe someone can help me. It's not that I don't trust Buggs or Chivis, but when I try to post a comment, my google account email address who has my entire name in it appears automatically and I can't change it. Any advice? Thanks!

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Podrido
Glad you guys are implementing this system. One of the things that I always found difficult to deal with about MB was some of the comments on articles that were just downright racist or otherwise inflammatory.

@BBfollower

My suggestion would be to make a burner email to post from on BB.
Just a lurker.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Chava
I have the same problem. I have another account. It won't let me change it ;) and when I log out, it logs me out of gmail. And I go back to see how I can post, and there is no option. I'm registered on BB with the email address that I would like to use. Not sure how it was already showing my gmail though......

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Ciro
try deleting your browser history in firefox make sure to change  "time range to clear" settings to everything and make sure all 5 boxes are checked in history options ie cookies,active logins,cache. Restart your browser should work.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Ricky Churches
I had the same problem logging me out of Gmail.. However when I post it shows as "Unknown" I'm not sure the email actually gets posted. I don't remember going private. Mayberry someone can chime in on steps to go private.

Maybe try a test post... If it shows an email maybe Chivis can just delete it.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

with the comment? can others see it?

why not open another account and use just for BB? that is what I recommend for anyone.  and never use for any other social platform etc.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

yes send me a TEST...and besure to say chivis this is a test...

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Cuidado
You should ask for outside help modding comments maybe?  I would be willing to help. I feel like this will stop people from commenting all together.  I always got a good chuckle from the cheerleaders and trolls even though it does get old. I feel for you though its gotta be hell moderating comments when you are trying to run the whole site.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

You are looking for the outside in.  There is much more to the issue.
It absolutely is NOT about needing help.    That was not the issue, not remotely.

We tried this before and it did not work well.  But I think it may this time.  Buggs and I discussed it and we both agreed 100 that it was time to try.

We received 200 to 300 comments a day.  right off 50 percent did not make the cut.  and really another 50 should not have.

For me I don't want to waste the time I have in a day reviewing bullshit, it is not what I signed up for.

And we ck out each link.  that takes time..

so far I am loving it...quality over qty wins for me each and everytime.

thanks for the offer...appreciate it.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

private on mainboard google?

go into your settings and i believe the first block is about privacy or allowing people to see the profile ect.  just do not check those boxes.

remember to SAVE

that's it

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Podrido
This post was updated on .
@Chivis

Yikes! Ye olde 'tag you're it' La Barbie video picture?
Gotta say I never thought I'd see you change your display photo haha. Certainly a macabre choice though.

Edit: So strange, on my computer your photo shows as the above described but on my phone it is your regular photo. Weird, am I just imagining things?
Just a lurker.
MX

Re: email required to post comments on main page

MX
@Chivis: I just emailed you regarding this.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

weird because i tried 2 times and didn't work and now there it is.  I was in a funk I decided to go for it.  what can i say?  I have never forgotten this guy, Juan Miguel Vizcarra, who was executed before even receiving his first paycheck or the 19 yr old "hawk" who presented just as one would expect of a 19 year old.

It was my first and last execution video.  No mas yet it seems so mild and polite by todays standards!!

anyway I searched through fotos and landed on this.

I decided to write a post about the video and the people involved.

I have not been able to find a copy that includes that shot, all of them stop short of it.  The original incl the head shot

does anyone know where I can access it?

MX

Re: email required to post comments on main page

MX
@Chivis: Speaking of the video, the men confess that a "Peña" ordered the murder of police officer Alejandro Dominguez Coello. FYI, the police believes the "Peña" in question is Zeferino Peña Cuellar AKA Don Zefe. I will email you the sources I have.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Jazz
Does anyone know why it’s not letting me upload a profil picture? I tried to upload this photo but it’s not letting me crop the photo to full size,i been trying since yesterday
MX

Re: email required to post comments on main page

MX
@Jazz: are you doing it on your phone? I had the same issue and it worked just fine when I tried with my desktop.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

Jazz
Yea im doing it with my phone, and my computer screen is broken so i can’t use it
MX

Re: email required to post comments on main page

MX
Your computer should work just fine once it is up and running.

Re: email required to post comments on main page

MX

I am still working on the 4 Zetas and La Barbie execution video acapulco 2005.

In the video la barbie asked "Why was my brother killed..."  remember?

do you have any info on the kill?  or miguel?

or anyone else?