can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

bbguest77

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

P@RR@ND3RO
You wont even make it halfway way. You will be immediately stopped by the halcones that are spread around the sierra and checkpoints.
DuR@Ng0

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

Handsome_devil
You'll be fine brother. We went to Apatzingán and other parts of Tierra Caliente last year and we did the mini tour of all the famous CT/LFM houses and sites mentioned in corridos. I'd say go for it. Sinaloa won't care for a tourist, but be weary of the halcones that'll follow you the entire time lol.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

bbguest77

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

La Tuna is considered the most dangerous city in the world by many experts.
It is a closed society, everyone knows who belongs there and who does not.  Taking a camcorder and filming tells me you need to study long and hard about the places you wish to travel.

The reporter I think was univsion.   she was the first to get through for an interview.  Of course much pre-planning and screening.  But even then they were not allowed into certain areas.  Many reporters have attempted the trip, but failed.  another reporter from vocativ made it, but ONLY by going with municipal workers who were delivering the monthly supply of government food for residents, social security plan.  chapos mother divides it up.

the vocativ reporter said gunmen were everywhere and he would not have been safe without the two government workers.  young gunmen surrounded chapos mothers house.

The other issue is even if you could make it through, there is no cell or internet until the hill top.  You do realize you would be in the golden triangle?  right?

strangers are not welcomed or allowed in la tuna.  you have to have a close friend or family member there, or a connection to accompany you.

If you want to conduct a project, go to Michoacan, or Chiapas instead.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

P@RR@ND3RO
Its not to scare you, im just letting you know what you will see if you try and go to la tuna.  Its just like where im from, everybody there knows each other and if they spot an outsider the radios will start to chirp. Like somebody said you need a relative or a friend that lives there in.order to enter.
DuR@Ng0

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

guasa_001
Is there gavilleros in la tuna ? I know there is in the south of sinaloa.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

What about the filmmakers who went to La Tuna and had tea with Chapo's mother when making The Legend Of Shorty last year?

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

choco
My question is why?  Why do u need to see the graves of fallen narcos?  Sorry, but you seem very naive and misguided.

Per chivis and others, this is dangerous territory.

The journalist I'm sure got extensive permission and protection.

Seems very strange that you want to go there.

Just my 2 pesos.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

choco
ps... You are clearly not a journalist, so get yiur mexican friends to take photos of the graves... Or google for them.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

I think you are missing my point.

Show me where an American comes into town, bearing gifts for kids or whatever, not prearranged etc.

I am not going to be so irresponsible to tell this person, sure go.

I do not believe for a minute that filmmakers just dropped by.  everything is preordained.

I am not going to even debate this.  I know what I know.  The person can take it or leave it.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

bbguest77

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

choco
Google harry devert and the guy who went missing in tamaulipas the same day... Jan 25. James stacy.  Is that what u want to do to your family.

I remember an epiphany I had as a freshman in college "There is a fine line between courage and stupidity."  I still think of it today... And I live diwn here.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

choco
Seems like your mind is made up. So why even post tgis question?

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

Mexico-Watcher
reneeluv wrote
omg...stop scaring me.

but i am majoring in psychology to later go to medical school and want to minor in education to teach the kids in mexico and africa in impoverish villages. la tuna is so sad.  its poor and ive research and heard chapo has done nothing to help it. how is this even possible? every mexican ive talk to whom presently resides there, almost anywhere in mexico, says he is a good. how?

i mean i heard many things but am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooveeeeer the chapos hype
Pollyanna, dear, how old are you?  Your post make you sound like a naive, over-protected, and privileged "child".

If I am correct, then stay away from sharp scissors ..... Majoring in psychology then going to Medical school? I have serious doubts that you even know your colors ..... just saying.

... I am not a grammar Nazi, but, you gotta be kidding!

Now go tell mommy, about the mean Mexican who told you not to even think of leaving the yard unattended.

Sheesh, kids in impoverished Mexican and African villages .... Yeah, they need help from people like you...NOT!

Mexico-Watcher

 P.S.  Chapo is in prison for being a bad hombre.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

pilot
are you idiot or what?
Damn, I think you are only a kid or a troll, if you "love" danger go to tamaulipas

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

jlopez
This is a good example of applied Darwinism.

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

bbguest77

Re: can an american go to la tuna without being executed?

Oh, I absolutely agree that would never be a good idea, I was just pointing out that it has happened.

I'm still a little baffled about the making of this film.