any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

Windycitykid
Just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything lately about "el tonon"?
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

Siskiyou_Kid
Is this the same “El Toñón" from La Familia Michoacana, captured in Morelia in 2010?

That one has been revealed as a protected witness.

http://eleconomista.com.mx/sociedad/2014/01/30/scjn-ratifica-uso-testigos-protegidos

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

adam3

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

He's the CDG 'zeta', really la Familia, who led the group from Morelia that tried to bust out Osiel Cardenas?

He turned protected witness.

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

El Plata
@ Siskiyou_kid, you are correct same "El Tonon". I must admit, that's a name I haven't seen in a long time. "El Tonon" was a close compadre of Osiel Cardenas Gullien, and during the mid 2000's he was right up there with Coss, Goyo, and Tormenta as far as rank and importance to the CDG. Osiel sent him to Michocan to fight "Los Valencia" in the early 2000's. At that time they were called "La Empresa" which later became "La Familia". "El Tonon" worked Michoacan for over 10 years, at one point "El Chayo" and "El Tonon" were the number two bosses. At that time they reported only to Carlos Rosales Mendoza, who was another compadre of Osiel. Rosales Mendoza got out of prison a few months back. Has anyone heard anything? I'm wondering if he is back in the game. After Osiel was captured and "La Familia" took reign in Michoacan, "El Tonon" worked directly under "Chango" Mendez, as plaza boss of Apatzingan, Michoacan. He also worked in parts of Guerrero and Guanajuato,  I think he went down in late 2010, and is locked up in Nayarit. I'm not sure what kind of sentence he got but for some reason his name isn't ever brought up when talking about the CDG. He was in the game for a long, long time. He worked Tamaulipas for years, before being sent to Michoacan. He was always a high ranking member, but I'm not sure many people realize just how high ranking he really was.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

adam3

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

adam3

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

Moros

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

Pepe

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

Windycitykid
S/O to EL plata and kidd thanks for the great insights.

I recall also reading somewhere that he was arrested prior, when a plane was shot down flying in from central america by the mex air force that was carrying serious weight. It was determined that the load belonged to him but was later released.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

El Plata
What's the word on "El Tísico"? Did he put enough money away before getting locked up in order to retire when he was released? I would say atleast 60% of the narcos released from jail get right back into the game, I wonder what Rosales Mendoza's plans are. Was he still in business while locked up?

He is a interesting case because of his connections and also because all the groups he was affiliated with have splintered or broken apart. This isn't typical case like say Mario Cardenas Gullien who served his 10 years and then was right back at the forefront of the CDG within hours of being released. I'm not even sure what cartel he would turn to! I'm not sure of what Mendoza Rosales would bring to the table as far as networking and contacts, so a lot would depend on the logistics but he could be a major asset to one of the fledgling cartels. We aren't talking about low-level cannon fodder here, El Tísico was a major player, he was the supreme leader of LFM.

He was obviously a key cog in La Familia's rise but their power has now dwindled to nothing. I guess technically you could argue the same could be said about the CDG, but they still have some life left. They are still a major player in Tamaulipas and the surrounding states. I know "El Tísico" was a very close associate of Osiel Cardenas Gullien, so it would make a lot of sense if he attempted to align himself with Los Ciclones faction who are still loyal to the Cardenas Gullien family.

There have been rumors that a Cardenas Gullien family member is calling the shots, and some even say Osiel himself is calling all the shots from his US jail cell. I'm not sure if either rumor is true, but I'm absolutely positive Osiel and his family still have major clout within the CDG. Who knows maybe the Cardenas Guillen family brings in Rosales Mendoza as their representative.  Knowing how close he was with Osiel, the rest of the CDG would probably fall right in line. Obviously I don't think Osiel or his family would or could make "Tísico" supreme leader of the CDG, but I do think he could be a puppet or the eyes and ears for Osiel, his family, and Los Ciclones faction. Carlos Rosales Mendoza might be exactly what the Ciclones need to finally overtake Los Metros faction of the CDG.

I have read that Rosales Mendoza was a very dear friend of "El Mas Loco" and most of the other leadership in KT, so that would seem to be the most logical choice of where he would end up. I'm not sure what kind of relationship he had with "La Tuta" but I'm willing to bet "La Tuta" would welcome him with open arms. The Knights Templar were on the brink of annihilation a few months back, when Kiki, Chayo, and Tio were all taken out. "El Tísico" is obviously business savy, he turned the LFM into a force to be reckoned with in a few short years. Throw in the fact that he probably still has a network of contacts, which could open up a new revenue stream for the fledgling Knights Templar, so I would think "La Tuta" would be practically begging him to come into the fold.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: any info on CDG/ Antonio Arcos Medina “El Toñón" or simlpy known as tony

I just dont see how el tisico was the suppreme leader or how he turned la familia into anything pretty much all they did down there is switch flags and bam la familia is born but then chayo did tbe exact same thing to chango did to  the CDG then bam again KT are born .after that  chango went crying to the zetas for forgivness. el chayo just followed el tisicos vision.el tisico and chango where initially golfos they betrayed them because el chango was representing CDG in michoacan once they fought of the valencias they anounced they where la familia . tisico was never there for the anitiation of la familia he was arested in late 2003 or early 2004 la familia didnt appear until 2006 they hated zetas in michoacan but thyre actually the ones who open the gates for them down there.who knows what CDG would think of him they probly would not want a kt dagger sword in there back again.