Zitlala Police Chief murdered this morning.

Zitlala Police Chief murdered this morning.

Podrido

Police Chief in Zitlala, Guerrero - Murdered

December 30th, 2018.
Source: http://www.milenio.com/policia/asesinan-a-jefe-de-la-policia-de-zitlala

Arturo Grande Corraltitlán, Director of Public Safety of the municipality, and the commander of the Preventive Police, Martiniano Cuadrilla, were found dead this morning.

The Director of Public Security of the municipality of Zitlala, Guerrero, Arturo Grande Corraltitlán, and the commander of the Preventive Police, Martiniano Cuadrilla Lorencito, were murdered this morning.

The information was confirmed by the Public Prosecutor's Office of the Common Jurisdiction (MPFC) of Chilapa de Álvarez.

The two bodies were found in Venustiano Carranza street, in the neighborhood of San Mateo, inside a van that was patrolled by the municipal corporation. According to the first reports, the director of Public Security and the commander of the Preventive Police were shot to death by a group of armed civilians.

The Zitlala syndicate also confirmed the crime and asked for the support of personnel from the State Attorney General's Office (FGE) to carry out the removal of the corpses. In Chilpancingo, Governor Hector Astudillo regretted the fact and said that this is one of the points in which work is being done in the area of ​​crime prevention.
Just a lurker.

Re: Zitlala Police Chief murdered this morning.

Parro
I don't know why these stories out of Mexico, keep saying the armed citizens are the criminals.  It's the cartels, pure and simple.

As far as Hector, while he regrets the crime as always, does nothing.  There is no support mechanism outside of code red, which is too late.  I don't know why anyone would want to be a policeman in Mexico, knowing no one has your back.

As far as Hector and the other politicians in the area, Mexico needs to automatically put the party in, whose candidate is assassinated.  Obviously the candidate is murdered because they either care for their home or support some other criminal group.  Either way, the murderers do not have their say.

Hector and other professional politicians, like in the USA, need to go after a few years in office.  They offer nothing but their own well being after so much time.  They are not innovative, disruptive, organized and armed as well as the cartels they supposedly are fighting.  Guerrero's problem starts at the top with Hector Astudillo, the governor.  He's been there too long.

Actually, (2) policemen were murdered.

Re: Zitlala Police Chief murdered this morning.

Podrido
It's difficult to say he 'regrets' the crime, if he takes no measures to ensure that it doesn't happen again. They're just empty words at that point. But I agree, I can't see many reasons people would become police officers in Mexico; though perhaps those who join with good cause think that they can make a difference, if even only a small one.

If they gave up entirely the fight against criminals the system would become even more overwhelmed than it already is.

And I couldn't agree more, but even then at that rate the party who was targeted might not be willing to act so much afterwards. People are seldom willing to lose their lives in the face of such overwhelming opposition. It's only natural if they don't feel their death - or at least the potential for it - will make a difference. I think it will be a long time before we see any kind of positive changes in that arena.
Just a lurker.