Zetas in bordertowns:

DR

Zetas in bordertowns:

DR
Ive been lurking around here for a while.    Ive noticed that alot of people are in the dark about los zetas especially in reynosa.   There are ALOT of zetas in reynosa and they constantly are charging businesses for protection.   While I live in McAllen, I do alot of business in reynosa and matamoros.   I do have contacts within both the CDG  and know what is going on.   The CDG are concerned with profits from drug sales and control the ports of entry.   The zetas cannot move drugs in the region so theyve resorted to shaking down businesses.   While those zetas do not go around with ak47s in reynosa and matamoros, they hunker down in small apts and have like 5 people telemarketing threatening and extorting businesses.   Now businesses dont even leave the front door open nor do they answer the phone at all if you arent a contact in their phone.    While the zetas are small time, they try to pass drugs via rafts and innertubes and are constantly getting busted with loads, while the CDG has govt contacts and large trucks that move tons at a time right through the bridge ports of entry.   CDG has everyone paid off even on the US side so they tend to focus on the big money.   The Cartel del golfo patrols at nite  with caravans of heavily armed men patrolling and taking care of their stash houses and looking for threats like zeta gangs.   The zetas in the city operate only during the day.    Since the cops with NOT help you with problems with zetas, you are either screwed or you better know someone with the CDG.   My family owns a few rent houses and one of the for example, the lady stopped paying rent and told my mom, "we wont pay anymore and if youre smart you wont ask me again because my husband is with los zetas".    By the time i found out, those losers had gone 11 months not paying rent.   I called a friend and lets just say they paid with interest.   Another occasion, a guy showed up at a friends small shoe store and demanded money which my friend didnt have, they proceeded to break his glass doors and threaten him.   When they came back the next day, they were paid and followed and poor guys were gunned down by CDG as they left.   Metro Tres and R-1 are the guys in reynosa for the cartel.    I also been hearing that majority of the major drug traffickers and guys in the cartel live in cimmarron in mission texas.   In matamoros, I hear los zetas have people going around with trucks selling stolen gas and extorting small business owners.

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

Interested-in-Solutions
Wow, that sounds crazy.

You know it is a really screwed up situation when the only law is the Cartels.

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Profe
DR

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

DR
there are more zetas than people care to admit.   My post is very accurate.   You hear everyday of people being beaten, kidnapped by zetas in the towns of matamoros and reynosa.

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Regio
DR wrote
there are more zetas than people care to admit.   My post is very accurate.   You hear everyday of people being beaten, kidnapped by zetas in the towns of matamoros and reynosa.
I find it hard to believe that the Gulf Cartel would allow that, unless they have become that weak!

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

Viva Paz!
This post was updated on .
Lol after all I have seen happen on these boards Buggs or whoever goes and deletes comments off of this post with no reason whatsoever. Sorry but the moderating on this forum is laughable. Now back on topic, I personally think it would be idiotic if people thought that there were absolutely no Z in Reynosa and Moros. It's not like CDG knows who every single Z and Z affiliate is.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Regio
I have no clue why my comment was deleted! I won't go as far as calling the mods names though. lol

I agree that there must be Zetas and some Zeta affiliates, especially being that Zetas up until 1/2009 were from these areas they have family and friends there too. I do however doubt that they are extorting and kidnapping, that would be suicide to do such a thing behind enemy lines.

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

Viva Paz!
No name calling here, I just think its laughable some of the BS that has been allowed on these forums then whoever goes and deletes our posts because of what? I dont think we were handling sensetive info or anything so I am just baffled as to why our posts were deleted.

One thing is for sure, no matter where these cartels are... its bad news.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Regio
What I don't get is how people are allowed to make outstanding claims that are probably not even true, and they get treated as facts. Yet the minute that someone questions the validity of their claims, the posts are deleted immediately.

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

Viva Paz!
Beats me Reg, I just notice a lack of consistency in the moderating of the forums.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Profe

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Regio
el profe wrote
WTF??? Why did my message get deleted?? How did this blog go from allowing people to constantly have trolls personally attacking others to not being able to post contents that were truthful?? What a joke!!
 Join the club little buddy.lol

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

Afriendlygirl
I have been reading all these comments about Zetas in border towns and let's just say that my family lives in the Starr County area and leave it at that.  I think most people in the R.G.V. know that there are Zetas in the border towns in Mexico and also In Texas. My family is getting ready to sell their house of 30 some odd years and move further from the border because my parents are afraid of what is happening in Mexico.     It's also just too weird and scary to them seeing people that are total strangers moving into the neighborhood and then hearing they were Zetas or C.D.G.  Not even half of the things that are happening across the border in the Camargo, Miguel Aleman, and Mier area reported.  So, yeah there are a lot of bad people in the border towns on both sides.

I know people are going to question why my parents are afraid, but when you've  been living all your life in a community like they have, if you don't know a person, usually you know the people they're related to, and a lot of these people are complete strangers to the region, and then they already have a reputation...just saying, better safe than sorry.

As for there being sleeper cells, that makes a lot of sense...it's easy to try and keep a low profile on this side of the border until needed, don't you think?
"Cuanto narcotraficante, policias y pistoleros, hoy los cobija la tierra, adentro de un agujero, de nada sirvieron armas, de nada valio el dinero." -- Tigres del Norte

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

El Regio
I believe you.... they have infiltrated this side of the border as well and are now developing important connections on the US side.

Re: Zetas in bordertowns:

Hola Profe...
I had three of mine deleted also, I was not concerned because it was a part of a thread that had some trolling on there.  At first I was confused as mine were informational, but I am thinking Jeffe possibly just takes out the entire page.  I took time to write one with information so I was not happy, but thats life.  Why not rewrite yours?  They sent a copy of mine to me but I could not open the doc.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:49 PM, el profe [via Borderland Beat] <[hidden email]> wrote:
WTF??? Why did my message get deleted?? How did this blog go from allowing people to constantly have trolls personally attacking others to not being able to post contents that were truthful?? What a joke!!

http://borderland-beat.924382.n3.nabble.com/Zetas-in-bordertowns-tp3170473p3186950.html
To unsubscribe from Zetas in bordertowns:, click here.