Zero Zero Zero TV

jmulligan13
Based on Saviano's book but with fictional characters. Follows the sale of a large cocaine sale from Mexico to Italy and all those involved.  On the cartel end of it, there are similarities of the Zetas and Beltran-Levya.

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

PSBNY619
ZeroZeroZero is an excellent Italian series, but actually explains several different criminal elements around the World and in great detail.
According to several of my friends now living in San Diego that grew up in the same region around Napoli and have been in the States now 8-10 yrs, they new and grew up with Savianno and are far removed but still cautious when even discussing the topic. His journalism and series expose key elements that are a very accurate depiction of the full circle of anything illegal and in demand. How they are negotiated, paid for, transported, the brutal realities of the in between, spanning many different Countries with very different rules of conduct having so many necessary enemies along for the score.
I binge watched it on Amazon Prime a few days ago and I was glued. Savianno was behind the series "The Gomorrah" a few years back. Interesting individual who going on roughly 10yrs now has been under Italian elite police protection for what he exposed as a local journalist in regards to the local Italian crime families that have ruled and continue to run most all local crime. He was only 25 at the time...pretty gutsy and smart as he is still here 10yrs later exposing more.
Look up some of his interviews on YouTube, very interesting and courageous person, I hope he continues with his investigative journalism (which he has not given up btw), exposing what is happening in his part of the World, which as you will see actually makes a full circle around the Globe, and I truly hope he remains safe and protected...Respect
-PSBNY619

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

El17
It was ok.  I think Gomarrah was much better,  like up there with Sopranos and The Wire better.  Zero zero zero was entertaining,  I wouldn't watch it again though.
MM

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

MM
I agree with El17.  I found myself fast forwarding through many of the scenes due to formulaic monotony.  Gomorrah is significantly better.

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

PSBNY619
It certainly captured my interest resulting in the binge watching it all, but everyone is different.
I need to see both seasons of Gomorrah as I have not had a chance to have access to all of them yet.
I have not seen Piranhas yet, any word on it?
-PSBNY619

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

PSBNY619
Finished Season 1 of Gomorrah and wow, you might be right, I will start Season 2 tonight I hope but this guy writes some excellent work.  Its like when the Sopranos was out and HBO made us wait like 1.5 yrs for the next season, I had to keep going and its just getting hotter each episode...good stuff here this Saviano!
-PSBNY619
MM

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

MM
Although not about México, I liked “Bad Blood” about the Rizzuto clan from Montreal.  Season 1 Especially...

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

jmulligan13
There are a total of 4 seasons of Gomorrah that are all great. But only 2 available in the US (Weinstein owned the rights).  Bad Blood is good but only season 1 that is fairly true. Season 2 is a made up action movie.

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

PSBNY619
Finished Season 2, found it on Netflix...both 1 and 2 were good, I was not sure I was going to like Season 2 at the start but it got better fast.  Hard to tell which of the three I liked better so far as i think they were all very well done.
Thanks for the other tips, some I have not seen. Keep them coming, I have some down time and can actually watch a series in its entirety for once...
-PSBNY619

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

ChrisO
Anyone know how to see the later seasons of Gomorrah? An amazing show, killing me not to be able to see the rest of the series because Weinstein is in the clink...

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

jmulligan13
There are a few ways online to watch them if you search there is a prequel movie about Ciro called L’ Imortale. that I am trying to see how I can watch

Suburra the show and movie was directed by the same people as well.

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

blanco puro
I been trying to find this series, it's not on NETFLIX, where can I watch it??

Re: Zero Zero Zero TV

PSBNY619
Gomorrah Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix

ZeroZeroZero whole Season 1 is now on Amazon Prime

Search engine Crocovid has been helpful for harder to find movies but be careful of pop-ups and the like

SkyTV is the Italian syndicate that produced and released and there might be a way to get the other seasons on their site?

Let us know if you find somewhere..thx
-PSBNY619