ZETAS MOVE OPERATIONS TO GUATE-DRIVING THE REGION TO UNCERTAINTY

ZETAS MOVE OPERATIONS TO GUATE-DRIVING THE REGION TO UNCERTAINTY

This should scare everyone.  I don't think the Zs want to run a country, as in a true narco state, but rather to operate unchallenged in all facets of crime, drug and intellectual market....as bad as mx has become it will pale in comparison to the unstable countries of CA. God help us all.

The Zetas in Guatemala - Introduction The Zetas, Mexico's most feared and violent criminal organization, has moved operations to Guatemala. In the process, they have shifted the balance of power in the region, undermining and overwhelming Guatemala's government and putting its neighbors in El Salvador and Honduras on high alert. They have also introduced a new way of operating. The Zetas are focused on controlling territory. In this they are the experts, creating a ruthless and intimidating force that is willing to take the fight to a new, often macabre level. Whoever becomes Guatemala's new president will face this challenge with little resources and government institutions that have a history of working for criminal organizations of all types. In sum, the Zetas are a test for Guatemala and the rest of the region: fail this test, and Central America sinks deeper into the abyss...THREE PART REPORT

NEW VIDEO OF THE STORY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STjiPvDtpb8&feature=player_embedded

PART 1: INCURSION

http://www.insightcrime.org/specials/zetas-in-guatemala/item/1526-part-1-the-incursion

PART 2: MODUS OPERANDI
http://www.insightcrime.org/specials/zetas-in-guatemala/item/1527-part-2-the-modus-operandi

PART 3: GUATE RESPONSE:

http://www.insightcrime.org/specials/zetas-in-guatemala/item/1528-part-3-a-guatemalan-response

MAP:

http://www.insightcrime.org/special-maps/the-zetas-in-guatemala-map

AJ

Re: ZETAS MOVE OPERATIONS TO GUATE-DRIVING THE REGION TO UNCERTAINTY

AJ
this is very dangerous for all of central and north america. if mexico were to pressure Los Zetas out of Mexico, all the Z's would do is move more south and dominate Guatemala, which they already are doing. they would block much of the smuggling from Colombia to Mexico. that would create an entirely new set of problems. this would just expand the drug war.

that is why i highly believe that mexico should try even harder to dismember Los Zetas NOW before it is too late. they are spreading too quickly. in a couple years they could own Guatemala. and if they could find a way to ally with MS-13 from El Salvador and persuade them to break off with The Sinaloa Cartel, they would become even more powerful. El Chapo better prepare for a Huge war with Los Zetas cuz I see it coming one day.

El Chapo needs to really help CDG and make sure that they can hold their ground against Los Zetas for now because it sounds like CDG are having many internal problems. Los Zetas need to be stopped.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: ZETAS MOVE OPERATIONS TO GUATE-DRIVING THE REGION TO UNCERTAINTY

Exactly!  I have been pointing to C.A.  for over a year.  It will be a nightmare.  Can you imagine?

That was my point the other day when I said they will go to places like Guate and build plants and factories openly to mfg drugs and piracy items etc.  N o way CA can fight against them alone and honestly Medida should have been appropriated with that in mind.

Mx will continue to be used for routes, but I anticipate routes will once again change back to waterways including the Pacific side and eventually a struggle for  BC.  I do not believe in long term peace agreements.  Not in the cartel climate of today.  It is very, very different.  Tho CDG has a presense there it is not significant like Sinaloa and Zs.

Look at Costa RIca...they are exp violence after being considered the switzerland of the americas.  they did not even have an army.  then Chapo came and created the path straight thru, and CR had to call on the US for help.  When was that Ajulio?  remember I was hot wrtiing about it on mainboard comments, seems over a year ago.  We sent quite a few ships to CR.

A very troubling situation