Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Nuttz

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

1966tinman
Reports are that Omar Treviño Morales  was captured in Monterrey this morning .

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Nuttz

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Pepe

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Morales, leader of Los Zetas, was captured this morning in San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon, in an operation orchestrated by military personnel and agents of the Federal Police, according to reports.
It was around 4:00AM and he was transferred to  Mexico City. The detainee, known as the "Z-42", is the brother of Miguel Treviño Morales, "Z-40" , leader of the criminal organization of the Zetas Miguel  was captured in August 2013. After the capture of his brother Miguel, Omar Trevino remained as the visible head of the Zetas.

This morning an operation by the Marina was developed in Cologne Fuentes del Valle, where staff PGR had surveillance on  a home located at number 514 on  Via Collatina street. According to residents from the area, the operation began around midnight. A stretch of road about 200 meters was closed by units of the Secretariat Marina, leaving in and out access to the area by people able to prove their residency.
The site was also attended by members of the Army, who only merely extended the blockade perimeter above. However, the site was void of all elements of municipal police, as there is an ongoing federal investigation of the department in collusion with organized crime and protecting the Zetas organization.
At 7:55 this morning the navy terminated the operation.  At that time about 15 units of the Army, Navy and PGR withdrew in convoy.

However, the residence was not secured and left it unlocked, unguarded and even left the garage door wide opened.  As could be seen, inside it was at least one woman who loudly asked the media to leave.
"Z-42" made since taking leadership of the criminal group took part in representing the Zetas leadership in a Piedras Negras meeting with the bosses of cartels to reconfigure the entire drug map.
The meeting was attended by Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, "The Mencho" head of the New Generation Jalisco Cartel; Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, the New Juárez Cartel, and Omar Trevino Morales.
Neither the Secretariat of National Defense and the National Safety Commission have issued some information on the arrest of capo.

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

El_Cuatro_Veinte
Boom! Whos next?

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Negro Torro
Is this an end for the Trevino clan or are there others?

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

La Flama Blanca
At conference with 42, mencho, Hector, and vincentillo.... I wonder if Mencho somehow had a hand in tracking these guys locations somewhat, and gave them up intel on them?  Or did Mencho need that alliance?

So does this mean military operations have shifted towards the gulf side of Mexico and is now focused on the Z's and Gulfos.  Will CDS be left alone for a bit, or are there still major military operations going on in Sinaloa?  Those are just some of my thoughts, hope I don't get ripped apart lol.

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Pepe

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Pepe

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Any pictures? Wasn't there a rumor that Z42 was sick?

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

spike151
I think Mencho will be next, a few weeks ago I posted a story on the mainboard about the financial operator for Los Zetas who was captured. Financial men being what they are, are not normally die hard sicario types who would die than give up any info. Now Z42 was arrested. Yesterday I posted a story here on the forum about a financial operator for CJNG who was arrested. I think he will give up the goods, maybe not on Mencho himself, but he will give up someone close to Mencho that Seido and the Marina can follow. I think they will have Mencho in custody within four weeks.

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

spike151
There have been quite a few meetings over the years of the Cartel heads to arrange matters. These are always held in neutral locations, Z42 wouldn't be silly enough to arrange a meeting at his house or give away his location to the heads of other Cartels, even if he was forming alliances. I think he was given up by his financial operator who was arrested a couple of weeks ago.

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Pepe

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

spike151
That's a shame he has died. I know some of the BB staff didn't respect his work much, specially his books on the Zetas. But the emperors men was a book I read quite a while back, and it contained some useful insights, if not all the stories he wrote about Z40 were true.

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Mexican authorities official statement.

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

He was a good guy even though he did not always get it right.  he would correct his mistakes.

He used Borderland Beat and always gave us credit...

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

looks nothing like him and looks so young

Re: Z42 arrested 7:20AM CST

Bjeff
George Grayson deserves a main board post
1234