Women artisans ignore Peña Nieto when receiving a prize

Women artisans ignore Peña Nieto when receiving a prize

Lala
I know this is a bit out of topic and probably too much of an anecdote to merit a post here, sorry about that...but I just love it and wanted to share it.

https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/r/videos/1D228C7F3D964731989049675776_12fe9da47ef.3_FEVlU7dDsvso2LHj3vFWdpq05.lAqQhTubi5P.R_xMv14zXIqxABPnBCc2p4xWJO.mp4?versionId=aSPQG7lKIqDbF9YzWrGtKgOXiYUiCEMx

Re: Women artisans ignore Peña Nieto when receiving a prize

MrJayDub
Interesting... What's the full story on this? Like, what were the women being recognized for?

Regardless, hats off to these women...

Re: Women artisans ignore Peña Nieto when receiving a prize

Siskiyou_Kid
Peña Nieto was unveiling a plan to better promote the work of Mexican artisans while presenting a national ceramics award.

http://www.oem.com.mx/laprensa/notas/n3042329.htm

National prize for pottery or ceramics 2013, says in the background, that's all I know, the press note that took me to the video didn't have any additional information, only the video. What this women did just shows what many, I'd say most, Mexicans feel about EPN, gotta love such an obvious public slap in the face coming from humble people hehe.

Re: Women artisans ignore Peña Nieto when receiving a prize

MrJayDub
Yeah, I got the artisans award for ceramics part but I was hoping there was a more in-depth report. All good, searching for more info now...