Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

El Srbo
I have had an odd obsession with the Mexican drug war in the last many years. And it seems hard to dig up any new information. So if anyone have any good documentaries, books, websites etc, please be kind and write a few. I can start myself:

An obvious pick, which i'm sure you all have seen.

Cartel Land (Documentary)
-

Recruited by the Cartel: School of Terror for the Hitmen of Jalisco New Generation Cartel
Very interesting documentary i stumbled upon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxP-TMArlV0&t=21s

Mexico's Bravest Man - Another interesting documentary.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5277298/

And of-course Narco Cultura.

Do any of you have any other interestings picks? All suggestions are welcome.
Also, does anyone know where i can find any of Narco related radio chatter videos translated?

All the best.

Re: Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

El Guero
Is that "recruited by the cartel" based on the story where the guy says he was Menchito's driver and was recruited by him directly?  If so, many people here, myself included felt it was a complete fabrication.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

El Guero
Ive recently tried finding othet sources myself as it seems there are people on here who have far more information than you can get here.  Some I presume to be involved, directly or otherwise, in the business.  Many just seem to inhabit the hotter plazas.

Not speaking Spanish I find myself at what I feel is a huge disadvantage  Ive found sites which have more content.  The issue with them is that the content is of considerably lower value and they lack any semblance of user friendliness.  Everything on this site is a close to accurate as you are going to get when it comes to a site covering an illicit industry.

El Srbo
Are you familiar with El Blog del Narco? It seems like BB ''sister'' page. It's all in Spanish though, but google translate helped me in that case.

Re: Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

El Guero
Yes.  I'm familiar with it.  I find the content there to be of less consistent quality and there are so many ads everywhere that I can only stand the site for 2 minutes at a time.  I use the content there to pick up on what the CIA would label as "chatter".   Can help to guage activity in certain areas and reinforce some of the things on this site.  I just went there for the first time a couple weeks ago.

They went so overboard with the ads. It reminds me of some of the sites you'd see in the 90's before user friendlieness was more of a science.  A lot of the stuff there is written as fact with no sources.

This site is by far the best site out there and the comments and forum sections allow us to hold the articles to account and to bounce ideas off of one another.  If an article on here has innacuracies the comments will show it.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

BB main page search bar has thousands and you can access in chronological order going back to 2009

H39

Re: Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

H39
Any books about the last years of the drug war? Zetas's fracture, Chapo's arrest, CJNG's rise?

Re: Where to get more cartel info, suggestions etc.

El_Bujo
I honestly would use the borderlandbeat archives and forums.

Just search for what you are interested in, on both the front page and forums, then go from there!

Insightcrime.org is a nice source as well, that has archived biographies on all the major players.