What should the US be doing if anything?

What should the US be doing if anything?

brazosarms
I have recently found this site.  I have heard about the stuff going on in Mexico but really our News in the Dallas area does not carry anything about it.  I think what is going on there is a clear and present danger to the security of the U.S. and we should be doing more to help get things under control.  Money talks here just as it does there.  I suspect politicians here have been bought off too.  I really do not understand why the News in the US is not picking up on what is going on next door.   I would like to see us pull our troops out of the Middle East and put them on the border to control what is going on.   If Mexico needs help, I think the US should be willing to do what ever Mexico ask.
If funding is an issue I think we should take payment in Pemex Oil and stop buying the Oil from the Middle East.  The US has spent itself into slavery to China.  We have our share of problems here, but at least you feel safe to walk the streets.

Re: What should the US be doing if anything?

ArmChairIntellect
This post was updated on .
I recommend you read more, I think you will find that this is much more complicated than you think.  We are talking about a market here not an enemy.  The US has waged a war on something is controlled by supply and demand.  How do you stop that?  You can't, there are laws of economics that can't be beaten with guns.  Even if we go in there and catch Guzman and shut down the Mexican corridor, the drugs will just come in some alternative route.  But anywho at most we will have some type of "Plan Columbia" where we back the Mexican Military, but who do you trust? FYI lets just say "Plan Columbia" wasn't exactly a complete success.  Go read Insightcrime.org for more info on the Columbia side of things.  Later all

Re: What should the US be doing if anything?

Bones
brazosarms wrote
If Mexico needs help, I think the US should be willing to do what ever Mexico ask.
Couldn't disagree more