What border is the safest?

Curiousme
Hi were traveling in a 2000 Navigator this weekend headed towards Aguascalientes. Does anyone know which border is safer? I know theres nothing safe at the moment but we need to go. Were just dropping of the car for a family member and flying back but im scared since we are taking children.. Weve always gone through Cd Juarez. We live in California... Help!

Re: What border is the safest?

kylesam
I would recommend going to Ojinaga thats what we always use when we pass back and forth..

Re: What border is the safest?

Bones
Your better off selling the navigator in America, buying a sedan, and driving that down. I cant think of anything id rather drive thru mexico less than a luxury SUV...except maybe a bus.

Re: What border is the safest?

Curiousme
wow...I have mixed feelings about this.. I have family that recently in the last week drove out there thru CD Juarez and Acuna and they state everything is fine.. Yet I look online and I so much going on it gives me chills up my spine..Im completely lost on this one.. but I will say im seriously thinking of staying behind  on this trip... Thanks for the info..