What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Barbon
I was curious what city or town is considered most owned by them like their base or stronghold.

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

WonderBread
anywhere along the Tex-ASS border, all the gulf coast, and the border area with Guatemala.

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Barbon
yeh ok but what is the 1 main city or place they own.

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Birria De Chivo
 Nuevo Laredo

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

all of the state of coahuila.  I just posted an article about it on mainboard "Zeta Controls Coahuila"  or something close.

Many of their leaders live on ranches in la laguna but move around.  Coahuila has been the safehaven for Zs, it is the strangest ass thing I ever saw in my life.  I was there when they were with CDG and there after, and for the life of me how the hell they did it so quitely in coahuila is a story in itself.  They did not need big shootouts at the time, just got the powers that be to sign on with them, they did it from collusion from the top the governors office all the way  down to the municipal mayors, media and police, the same guys that executed Lalo Moreira.    it was done fast.  and they were in sight everywhere.  On the roads with their roadblocks, in the cities flagrantly making their presense known. and the halcones absolutely everywhere.

and no one spoke of it, acknowledged it....nada I felt i was in the twilight zone.  sureal

they own coahuila, but now they are fighting for control..Piedras, Acuna, Saltillo, Torreon plus chapos people are on the ground.

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Windycitykid
That sort of sounds like when they first appeared in Zacatecas in late 07"
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Baggy
Wonderbread was the closest... the winner is GUATEMALA!!!Unless you mean only in MEXICO.. And just as i went looking for a link to share a comment i saw the other day about someones view on the Z in their town i findout they just been hit with a 7.4 mag earthquake... Another chance for Zeta's to recruit more impoverished people to add to the long line of disposable soldiers to send over the mexican border to fight their numerous enemieZ.....  This is why when i see people post things about the end of the Z coming soon i just have to roll my eyes and bite my tongue (and hope that it could be that easy), some security analysts talk of the Z controlling as little as 25% of the country and as much as 75% according to their last president if i recall correct. i will paste the link to the story that wasn't about Zeta's but the top comment made me raise an eyebrow, have no reason to think it false and i dunno what the policy on copy pasting someones personal comments from another forum is but here goes...

Comment by ****    <-- yep thats the persons name,4 *'s

Guatemala is trapped between the sword and the wall.  President Molina was elected, not because the people love him, but because many think mano duro is the only way to deal with the Zetas who are the present de facto government in this country.  Their paramilitary organization may be the largest army in the Americas with US troops focused on fighting for a narcostate in Asia.  They recruit in places like Totonicapan where people are so poor I have been in houses with only sleeping mats and three rocks to cook over.

Life under the Zetas is hell.  They are murder, torture, extortion, kidnapping and corruption incorporated as well as narcos.  They collect protection like taxes and even run regular patrols like a private police force in Huehuetenango.  CNNE in Mexico City says they are the defacto government where I live now, in the Peten.  My nephew, a city policeman, was killed last year.  They cut off his head and arms. No one has been charged with the crime.

The judicial system is a joke.  If Zetas are paid to protect a defendant, no witness against him  will enter the courtroom alive.  Guatemala's feared special ops forces are fighting in the Congo so  Molina wants a constitutional amendment to increase the army by 2,500 and try to block the Zeta highway from their training bases in El Salvador and Costa Rica north into Guatemala, Mexico and the US.  He also wants to increase the National police by 10,000.  A dangerous move because they have impunity and a long and ongoing history of social cleansing.  If you have a strong stomach, read "I, Rigoberta", the book won the only Nobel prize ever granted to an indigenous woman.

The account is a bit less graphic and more statistical in the Minugua Report, "Memory of Silence", the UN report that concludes Guate followed a policy of genocide during the Central American Wars with substantial assistance from the US:  Molina continues to deny the veracity of that 10 year study but he realizes that the history it reflects is why sending the army into the indigenous aldeas will not help but rather may restart the civil war.

The only thing new and surprising to the people here was that the new President had the police and army involved in this latest atrocity arrested.  Perhaps there is hope with Molina but few people here are convinced of that.  If he wants to govern a real country, he needs the Maya on his side and that will require social reform.  Five hundred years of gun and cannon fire have not done it and there is no reason to believe the failed policies of the past will work just because we have better guns now.

I wish I could close with a conclusion on how to fix Guatemala, but I do not have one.  Whatever your faith, pray for the victims.  Perhaps God will sort it out.

Just for the record, I am a US citizen married to a Guatemalan and have spent many years here teaching English.
 **End quote**

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/10/201210239381341351.html

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Zs have a presense in 75% of Guate but it is a different loaf of bread they have 14M people in the entire small country, the zetas that are there are low level many are not Mexican.  Their base has been Coahuila since they were still with CDG.

come on jovens...one has to state argument of WHY not just say it is so

mexico pop  113M

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Baggy
But you don't think that ALL of the Z's they pickup in Mx and stuff in prison, or scoop up off the road and stuff in bags are mexican citizens do ya Chivis? If what some are saying is true than they recruit from Central/South america and train them before sending them over the border, those who are mexican would be trained in mexico most likely.I dunno exactly what it is but alot of Z look to me more indigenous than i think it would be...?spanish/mayan mix features? Am i making sense?lol

And im not disagreeing with you if you say coahuila, i just think they probably have alot more freedom to have bigass compounds and training grounds and entire towns under their thumb in Guatemala.. Isit any coincidence that the man who arrested Chapo in 01?was it? is a cia asset and now runs a country?? o.O

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

No I do not.  and BTW I visit those fucking prisons.  I take supplies to CA in the prisons because they have no one.  Those that we feel are wrongfully convicted.

but the percentage is small in balance.  They have trained and sent them back to guate.  remember the slaughter in Guate of the 27 ranch workers?  I connected with an underground reporter in Guate.  Most of the Zs are CAs in Guate.  As well most the leaders in different departments as they call it.

I gave an answer to the original question.  If anyone thinks Guate is the base for Zs they are out of touch.  In coahuila, -and did you read my post on mainboard about this?- in coahuila Zs control everything.  Its hard for you to understand what that means unless you have lived there.

Like acuna when chapos came to town.  they burned many businesses and homes to the ground, kidnapped key people and killed others.  It was havoc everywhere in a town normally quiet.  and the police chief killed and a narcomessage and his dead body dumped in front of the town candy factory, well what was left of it, it was torched.   I don't know if it was chapos or Zs or who did it.  but I think it must be Zs because it was not even in the regional papers.  and Zs control the media there.  everytday I would ask "is it in the zocalo yet?"  nope..."is Benito talking about it on radio or TV?"  nope.  I called Benito and asked what the fuck?  he says "i can't say anything"  he was like the Oprah of the region and a good friend.

that is what you call control.  remember Lalo?  the police chief was in on it?  do you think he had a choice? nope.  and the 4 bodies dumped on the acuna side in Bravo Rio that night...never has been in the news.  Nor the decapitated bodies in September...nope.  nada.  They dictate what happens.  everything.  everywhere in the state.  that is why 40 was pissed and killed Lalo.  because the governor sent in GATES and that is not th deal.

thats complete control

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

Baggy
So is the military rockin up just for show?? fuck i had no idea shit could get so out of hand and nobody do anything...i know most of mexico is pretty fubar but you would think the world police would have shown up by now unless they benefit from the situation somehow...  and yes i remember almost all of the things you mentioned except the 4 bodies... Who is/was benito? and remember you're talkin to an aussie boy here.. zocalo = local newspaper???

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

oh no!  see when it is federal then it is good and probably they ar honorable.  though some are in collusion and do bad things that is usually the federal army but the other agencies are there to fight narcos and keep order.  but state is different.  except GATES.  and that is why 40 was pissed and blamed pelon for his nephews death.  because it was GATES that killed him.

Re: What area is considered most owned by the Zetas?

zocalo is a coahuila paper...throughout the state especially in Piedras, sabinas, satlillo, torreon, acuna and moncloava