Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Mica - Chivis there is a new pacer document, if you would check it out, please. See the screenshot below for the case number.

It's also interesting how Alfredillo continues to get all of the attention. Personally, I have a different visual perspective on Chapitos. I use to think of them as just brats, junior narco Hollywood wannabees. Now, I picture the Arellano Felix brothers at the start of their reign.

ABC Chicago 7

Monday, October 29, 2018 06:18PM As with many family businesses, when the patriarch is unable to perform his duties one of the children steps up to run things.

Such is the case with Jesus Alfredo Guzman-Salazar, who federal agents say is overseeing the Sinaloa cartel in Mexico while his drug lord dad is preoccupied with a cocaine trafficking trial in New York City.

But Guzman-Salazar, 35, does not appear to have assumed quiet control of cartel business.

Investigators say he routinely posts photos of his lavishness on social media accounts, some of them private, displaying exotic cars and expensive private jets, vacation hideaways, high-powered weapons and stacks of cash that they say are the spoils of an illicit lifestyle.

Guzman-Salazar, who goes by the nickname "Alfredillo," and has been wanted by U.S. drug agents in Chicago since his indictment with his father nearly a decade ago. El Chapo's flesh-and-blood, six sons via various marriages, "remain in charge of his vast drug trafficking empire" according to federal prosecutors in a newly-filed court document.

The in-your-face manner of Guzman-Salazar's ritzy existence has rubbed Chicago drug investigators the wrong way. Law enforcement sources here tell the I-Team that they want the Top Ten U.S. fugitive in handcuffs and brought to Chicago to stand trial.

As long as he is on the lam, Guzman-Salazar is also a danger to those involved in El Chapo's upcoming trial in New York. In the new court filing, prosecutors state that El Chapo has "the capability, the resources and the will to harm cooperating witnesses and their families, even after they have been relocated" by federal authorities as part of the government's elaborate protection program known as WITSEC, for witnesses security.

The new disclosure by federal investigators that El Chapo's sons are still in command back in Mexico is in contrast to other reports the past year that his cartel was in disarray and subject to a behind-the-scenes struggle for power by aides, underlings and competitors. If Alfredo Guzman-Salazar and his brothers are in charge as prosecutors now say, then the arrest of El Chapo may have only been a blip in the cartel's worldwide cocaine and heroin network that allegedly made him a billionaire.

While El Chapo is scheduled to go to trial in Brooklyn a week from today, his attorneys have filed a new request for a delay in the proceedings. They say that the government has just "dumped" 14,000 pages of evidence on them in 23 separate binders, filling eight large boxes-mostly pertaining to 17 murders that prosecutors intend to pin on El Chapo during the trial. The proceedings are expected to take at least twelve weeks.

"The government is engaging in concealment and gamesmanship," according to prosecutors, "and is intentionally obliterating any semblance of due process and fairness for Mr. Guzmán by repeatedly withholding evidence and then dumping it on the defense at the last minute."

Prosecutors claim that EL Chapo is "feigning surprise" at the evidence and urge the judge to proceed with jury selection next Monday. While Judge Brian Cogan could rule at any time on the delay request, a status hearing is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

elgordo
I've always figured ivan was the one in charge of his dads faction but everything as of late pointing to alfredo as the brain

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

deelucky1
in charge of who or what ???couple biz partners its all they have .thats how theyre staying under the radar !

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

ToPHeR
It's only because the DEA intercepted Alfredos phone calls so that makes him more important to them...

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Mica
I guarantee the DEA has Ivan on calls.  There are several sealed indictments.  You of all people don't believe Alfredo is more important because he is the only one they have on the tele?

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

ToPHeR
I guess it depends on your definition of important. Based on what I've been seeing and reading, it seems like Ivan is more in control of Mexican operations and crews. Alfredo seems like the logistical coordinator and the one building the contacts in Central/South America.

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

BBfollower

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

deelucky1
you can tell by the plazas that are being fought .who calims who and what ?nobody wants or needs sinaloa state its not lucrative at all. thats why they are not making any noise .

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

the most important number is always the document number.I was sent two filings in the last few days.  one i included in a post  and is here

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2018/10/trial-on-november-5th-el-chapo-attempts.html

the other is the one you are asking about, they are related.  I have not done anything with because i don't have time.

but it is interesting especially the murder charges they keep piling on

i can't embed the document on nabble but you can link to it on my scrib page

https://www.scribd.com/document/392004286/El-Chapo-Trial-Motion-to-Preclude-and-Supplemental-Motion-to-Continue

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

let me know if you find something i can run with...

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

mr.browntown956

Violation 85 alleges that chapo had something to do with el guero bastidas and el barbarinos murder?

Guerito aka Rey Del Pop (ICe) was aligned w los ántrax

El barbarino was a Sinaloa hitman.

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Minute Entry and Order for Motion Hearing as to Joaquin Archivaldo Guzman Loera held on 10/30/2018 before Judge Brian M. Cogan. All parties present with interpreter. Motion to continue trial [386] and motion to preclude [395] are denied for reasons stated on the record. See transcript for details. (Court Reporter Denise Parisi). (Court Reporter Denise Parisi.) (Clarke, Melonie)

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Mica
Jury selection begins next week!👍

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

yes on the 5th and the court will be dark on fridays...trial opens on the 12th

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

My findings below are based on the unique facts presented in this case, but they are also informed by my experience with jurors’ reactions to voir dire in high-profile cases. These findings supplement the findings I made when approving an anonymous and partially sequestered jury:

1. Defendant’s Sixth Amendment right to a fair trial and the prospective jurors’ privacy interests are the two interests that weigh against public proceedings; the former is the overriding interest and the latter is an important interest.

2. Because of the intense (and international) public and media interest in this case, there is an abnormally high risk that prospective jurors will self-censor their answers to questions about sensitive topics like their biases against people of certain races, ethnicities, or national origins or their opinions about federal drug policy or law-enforcement relations between the United States and Mexico.

3. There is also a unique risk in this case that prospective jurors will self-censor their answers for fear of their safety, given the nature of the crimes that defendant is accused of and the criminal organization that he is alleged to have led.

4. In this case, where the media coverage has been particularly intense, a gallery or jury box full of reporters could intimidate prospective jurors by reinforcing the fact that, even though their names, addresses, and job information will be anonymous, voir dire involves an examination into personal details about them that could lead to an identification and that their answers may be reported by the press.

5. There is a substantial probability that defendant’s right to an impartial jury (and therefore a fair trial) would be prejudiced by the presence of the public and by a large group of reporters during voir dire. Some degree of closure will prevent that prejudice.

6. That substantial probability of prejudice outweighs defendant’s Sixth Amendment right to a public trial and the public’s general First Amendment right to access voir dire.

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Cuidado
Thanks for your work on this Chivis.  Amazing, imagine the jurors thinking they are going to be on a simple case and then coming to realize they are deciding the fate of a notorious cartel leader famous for assassinations and murder.  You never know what could happen, they may get spooked into freeing him.  Makes me wonder how easily the US Govt could plant jurors in these type of cases. Has that ever been known to happen or am I crazy?

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

I was thinking the same thing.  I spoke about a famous case I actually was able to get out of because it was going to be months in length and I was CEO.  I had absolutely no clue it was anything big until I arrive at the hall of the courtroom and saw dozens of reporters.

and they do not tell you it will be a long length of time until you are handed juror questionnaire.
Although you or I would figure it out we may be going for the chapo trial, most americans are clueless about chapo and would just show up as no big deal.

as for planting jurors it used to happen in the old south, but i doubt it could happen now or not easily, the process would make it difficult as well as technology that is used.

in chapo's case...he is dead man walking unless he gets lucky on appeal for some reason

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

Kye0001
There’s a big article on el chapos sons in today’s Daily Mail.  The paper isn’t renowned for accurate or fair journalism.

The baby-faced narcos: How El Chapo's sons are now running his empire as jury selection finally begins for the drug baron's Brooklyn trial

By Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com

Joaquin Guzman 'El Chapo' Loera will appear in Brooklyn federal court on Monday for jury selection
He's been in solitary confinement in New York since January 2017
In his absence, his favorite sons Ivan Archivaldo Guzman Salazar and Jesus Alfredo Guzman Salazar have been running the Sinaloa cartel in his absence
They unabashedly flaunt their lavish lifestyles on social media
Guzman has pleaded innocent to 17 counts of drug trafficking, murder conspiracy and money laundering
Attorneys have warned Federal Judge Brian Cogan that witnesses who testify against El Chapo may not be safe as the brothers still run the cartel and may seek retribution
Joaquin Guzman 'El Chapo' Loera will appear in Brooklyn federal court on Monday for jury selection +9
Joaquin Guzman 'El Chapo' Loera will appear in Brooklyn federal court on Monday for jury selection
While El Chapo is locked up in solitary confinement, his sons have been running his drug empire in his absence.

The Mexican drug lord Joaquin Guzman 'El Chapo' Loera, who is believed to be 61, is due to appear on trial in Brooklyn federal court on Monday.

While he's behind bars his billion dollar drug cartel continues to thrive under the leadership of his two favorite sons Ivan Archivaldo Guzman Salazar and Jesus Alfredo Guzman Salazar.

According to a recent letter from the U.S. attorneys preparing to try Guzman, 'the defendant's sons remain in charge of his vast drug trafficking empire'.

On October 28 Federal Judge Brian Cogan was delivered a warning concerning the safety of witnesses who will testify against El Chapo.

'There is no doubt that the defendant and his cartel have the capability, the resources and the will to harm cooperating witnesses and their families, even after they have been relocated,' the lawyers said according to the New York Post.

'The brothers have engaged in significant violence. They have ambushed military people and they still have the resources to affect witnesses,' a former Drug Enforcement Administration source said.

The brothers are said to have been groomed to take over the business.

They are the sons of the El Chapo's first wife María Alejandrina Salazar Hernández, who he married in 1977. The couple had three children together. Their son Cesar was killed six years ago.

Last month Alfredo Guzman was added to the Drug Enforcement Administration's 10 Most Wanted List.

He was indicted in 2009 for drug trafficking in Illinois and information on his capture was set at $5million.

The brothers reportedly live in the lap of luxury and show off their riches to the rest of the world with their flashy lifestyle in Mexico

Guzman was escorted to a Brooklyn prison on January 19, 2017 where he's remained in solitary confinement for 22 months

His family seem to be doing just fine during his imprisonment. His current wife Coronel Aispuro, 29, pictured above outside of the Brooklyn Federal Courthouse following a hearing for Guzman on February 3, 2017 +9
His family seem to be doing just fine during his imprisonment. His current wife Coronel Aispuro, 29, pictured above outside of the Brooklyn Federal Courthouse following a hearing for Guzman on February 3, 2017
'Why haven’t the sons been whacked yet? It means they are very much in control. But unlike their father, who believed in keeping a low profile, they are not in hiding and they love to show off,' a federal law enforcement source said to The Post.

Guzman's current wife Coronel Aispuro, 29, doesn't hold back in flaunting her riches on social media, recently showing off a lavish Barbie themed birthday party she threw for her twin daughters in Sinaloa.

Guzman is believed to have at least 15 children. A federal source said 'there may be more'.

On Monday Guzman will appear in court as jury selection begins. The trial is expected to last as long as four months, according to the New York Daily News.

Some 1,000 jury summonses were mailed out, with 922 prospective jurors replying and filling out the forms.

Mike McGowan, a longtime ex-FBI agent who went undercover to cozy up to Guzman in prison, posing as an Italian mob boss, will testify in court.

Aispuro doesn't hold back in flaunting her riches on social media, recently showing off a lavish Barbie themed birthday party she threw for her twin daughters in Sinaloa +9
Aispuro doesn't hold back in flaunting her riches on social media, recently showing off a lavish Barbie themed birthday party she threw for her twin daughters in Sinaloa
Lap of Luxury: While Guzman is locked up his daughters and wife live on a lavish estate in Sinaloa, Mexico. The twins' birthday party earlier this year pictured above +9
Lap of Luxury: While Guzman is locked up his daughters and wife live on a lavish estate in Sinaloa, Mexico. The twins' birthday party earlier this year pictured above
Opening arguments are set for November 13 after Brooklyn Federal Judge Brian M Cogan rejected defense motions to delay the prosecution.

In October the government announced 17 new alleged murder conspiracy victims.

'It is almost as if the government believes that due to the breadth of their allegations against Mr. Guzman, he is entitled to diminished due process and only an illusory semblance of effective assistance of counsel,' the defense said in a court filing dated October 27.

So far Guzman has pleaded innocent to 17 counts of drug trafficking, murder conspiracy and money laundering.

He was extradited to Brooklyn in January 2017 and has spent the  last 22 months in solitary confinement.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6350841/How-El-Chapos-sons-running-drug-empire.html

Re: Wanted by feds in Chicago, El Chapo's son goes lavish on the lam

I really don't believe those social media accounts are the brothers, I think the pictures are at times, real, and others, not real, or not as represented.