WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Travel agencies have some hot spots on their TOP 10 PLACES TO GO FOR SPRING BREAK.  Hot in ways we in the know would have us saying "not so much".  Aca is on the list.. read this from the agency "Acapulco's murderously MESSY drug related mayhem has little to do w/you! Mind your manners and you SHOULD be safe. "  what an idiot!  Would the writer send their 18 or 19 yr old child to Aca for fun in the sun?  as I tell my 19 yr/o grandson "you're not done being baked yet"  We had the conversation about spring break and I said Playa Rosarito is O U T this year.  I cap it off with some of BB finest narco slaughter pics.  He decided to go snowboarding.  JEJE

here is the agencies TOP 10:
http://studenttravel.about.com/od/springbrea1/tp/to_spring_break.htm

Violence has been steady and increasing from Rosarito -Ensenada-Cantu-Banda.  Last night in Rosarito men with Sinaloa plates fired on uniformed officers.  I translated the AFN report here:

23:00 Tijuana BC Mar 25, 2011; An armed attack against municipal officers of Rosarito Beach left one dead offender and another was detained Friday night.Incident reports obtained by AFN indicate that around 23:00 hours yesterday two men who were in a Malibu vehicle fired against officers patrolling as they drove on the TJ-Ensenada Road towards Puerto Nuevo.  The uniformed officers responded and killed one of the attackers indentified as Alfonso Amarillas Beltran of the state of Sinaloa.   No officers reported injuries.

Link:
http://www.afntijuana.info/nota_informativa2011.php?page=mar/notas/enfrentamientoenpuertonuevounmuerto&afntitle=Disparan+contra+municipales+de+Rosarito%2C+hay+un+civil+muerto

Look, I know the odds are overwhelming one would return safely, but I as an Abuela who loves her grandchildren very much say why chance it?  There are many places to venture that are a wiser choice.  These children think they are adults but still do not have the judgment gained from life experience.
Just my dos centavos...

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Huero
I already covered Aca in an article posted today. Hopefully this site gets more attention than those top ten lists.

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Yes you did!  Great post.  The problem is Spring break in many states including california is begining now through the first week of April for universities and colleges, BUT HS is the week before or after easter at the end of April.  So how anyone can write an article saying spring break was avoided is premature.  As a gal that used to trek to Playa Rosarito or Ensenada with my friends every spring break back in the day I know it is a fave among HSers, and nothing has changed.  Often kids are not truthful about where they are going if going to BC.

But times have changed as we know.  Rosarito is very unstable and pretty much TJ down to Cantu or Banda violence in the past 2 months has escalated.  In many ways going to BC has more risks of all types of crimes because the kids drive there.

Unfortunately those lists get many times more attention than BB, but hopefully those interested folks will pass the word on.

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Huero
Well, the article compares springbreakers from last year to this year around this date in Acapulco only. If they saw a such a decline so far, it's safe to assume many people have avoided Acapulco so far. I'm not sure when was the last time you partied in Ensenada and Rosarito, but I can tell you that the last year I was down there for Memorial and Labor day weekends in 2004, the crowds were much smaller and many more Cali gangbangers were down there. It wasn't the same crowd that used to frequent the place when I first hit that place eighteen years ago. On top of that, the majority were Cali Chicanos who are related, affiliated or glorify the narco and gang cultures. No more college people and blondes.. more like khakies, fades, Sharpie eyeliners and tattoed young mothers.

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

We have always maintained vacay homes there my grandfather owned land along the ocean in rosarito,he never gave up his Mexican citizenship.

spring break numbers have been good except last year since the escalating violence. Then  Kids began going further south towards Cantu, but it has problems to.  I think the issue with me is not so much Aca, though I was pissed it was on the list, but to places like BC where kids can drive to.  It is so beautiful and tempting.  SD State minutes away even OC is only 2 hrs away, an easy drive down the 5.  I grew up there so did my folks nothing has ever changed, kids will be kids.  But hopefully those who love them are more aware and talk about it.  Thats all we can do, but BC is unique just a drive a way for millions of kids.

Some of the kids I have spoken to are going to PP instead.

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Huero
Puerto Penasco was a hidden gem for years. I went a few times around ten years ago too.. from what I hear and read, that place hasn't been stained by the cartels yet. A buddy of mine went last month for a golf tourny and he said that military presence was heavy and when they asked why, the soldier who was fluent in English exclaimed that they were taking a no tolerance approach to Narco delinquency, "Not in our town". They assured PP was safe. I'd be open to go there.

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

I guess now that we have let the secret out to BB readers I may as well add a link to a promo video!
It is a very safe place .. and fun for everyone.  Lets hope it stays that way.  Here is the video a couple years old but a good overview there are many on youtube.  It has built up even more since this was created.  I have family all over Sonora, from San Luis to Hermosillo  San Carlos & Guaymas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07lyetPS24M&feature=fvwrel

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Huero
Buela, the secret has been out already, at least for ASU. They call it Rocky Point. If it hasn't, I hope it does. The local folk need a boost to their economy and PP needs to be recognized as one of the great port cities of Mexico. They already built a highway directly from Cali to Penasco. Before we had to cross at San Luis del Rio, head to Sonoita and head south. I hear you can go directly to PP now.

Re: WTH? ACA & ROSARITO ON TOP 10 BEST FOR SPRING BREAK!

Yes Rocky Point is the common name.  Az and SoCal the secret out for years, I meant the remainder of the world, (US).  The long trip from OC or LA over land into Buckeye then sonora was made better a couple years back with flights to PP from LAX for about 300USD.  I don't know if they still run the flights or if it is seasonal but it sure does make the trip easier and long weekends doable.

Paz