Vicente Zambada sentence

mr.browntown956

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/5/20/18633304/feds-recommend-17-years-prison-top-cartel-figure-who-testified-against-el-chapo

Prosecutors are seeking 17 years for el mayos son. He should be out in 5.

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

Mica
Per reporter Alan Feuer who covered the Chapo trial.

-Among the people Vicente helped take down was Damaso Lopez

-Vicente signed “multiple declarations” to extradite cartel members from Mexico (including Damaso’s package.)

This will be interesting topic the next time Mayo and Chapitos meet.
-His assistance also helped Chicago prosecutors obtain a wiretap which began in November 2012 and caught, among others, Chapo's sons discussing business.

-All of this has placed Vicente and his family “in increased danger of retaliation.”
"Having cooperated against...the leadership of multiple cartels...their children, family members, close associates, and rivals" Vicente would "in all likelihood be killed absent his protection.”

-Prosecutors said Vicente "showed no interest" in the drug trade at first and tried to leave it several times. “As a young adult he relocated to Spain & then to Canada w/his family in an attempt to escape the world into which he had been born and the violence that flowed from it.”

-But he always got sucked back in, they said: "Each time, fear of the infliction of violence upon him and his family, even in places far from Mexico, drew him back to the protection provided by his father’s organization."

-Vicente's sentencing memo was accompanied by three sealed documents which likely to go into more detail on who he cooperated against--and how--in an effort to persuade the judge to hand down a lighter sentence.

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

Mica
Sorry, but I commented before reading the mb where Chivis had already posted.
My bad

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

ESLiero
He gets to live in the U.S happily ever-after with a check from Uncle Sam for $1 Million dollars.

How would any other criminal outfit comfortably do business with the Zambada family when they are doing the D.E.A’s dirty-work. That has to be the most awkward situation for Chapo Guzman’s family member who are active in the cartel. .........Will the Zambada turn you in to the D.E.A and be there to testify against you?

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

That November 2012 intercept was probably the cases out of Chicago against Los Menores, or the San Diego based Narco Polo, which indicted Ivan Archivaldo, Mayo, Aquiles, etc.

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

Mica
I think the call is with Afredillo, I am pretty sure he is the only one that LE has admitted to intercepting.

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

That’s OK Mica.It’s extra food for thought that we get the discussion going on forum.It flows more like a conversation on here I find especially when you know who (in disguise of course) says what and anticipating a response from some of our favourite contributors!My 2 cents worth anyway.

Re: Vicente Zambada sentence

it is good to have in both places----besides you are my writing partner