Venezuela shoots down three Sinaloa Cartel planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months

Venezuela shoots down three Sinaloa Cartel planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months

Siskiyou_Kid

Image of the Hawkwer that was shot down on November 4, 2013 in Venezuela. (Photo: TWITTER OF VLADIMIR PADRINO )

Venezuela shoots down three planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months
José Guaderrama| El Universal
09:52Sunday 03 August 2014

At least three airplanes that departed from Mexico and crossed the Venezuelan airspace have been shot down since November 2013.

On May 25 a businessman received a phone call informing him that his son had been kidnapped and threatening to kill him if he did not call the airfield of Atlixco, Puebla, to authorize the departure of an aircraft.

On May 28, the head of the Strategic Operational Command of the Venezuelan Army, General Vladimir Padrino López, posted a photo with the caption: "Once again the National Armed Forces of Venezuela enforced our sovereignty by shooting down a King 300 aircraft southeast of Bruzual, Apure".

On June 7 the company JetNet filed a complaint in Mérida, Yucatán after an aircraft with U.S. plates No. N-770PJ was stolen.

A day earlier, General Padrino reported that the aircraft, with a matching plate, had been shot down in Apure.

Local media stated that the plane departed from Pachuca, Hidalgo, at 19:28 hrs., and landed in Mérida short after 21:00 hrs. After filling the tank, the plane departed with two crew members, the pilot and the copilot towards Kaua (Chichén Itzá), but the radar lost it after three miles.

The newspaper El Nacional of Venezuela said that "intelligence sources indicated that the plane was controlled by Sinaloa cartel operators."

On November 4, 2013 an aircraft with Mexican plate that departed from Querétaro was shot down in Apure.
General Padrino said that the plane was shot down because the Hawker 25 invaded the country's airspace. At least three passengers were on board the plane.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2014/venezuela-planes-mexico-92418.html

Re: Venezuela shoots down three Sinaloa Cartel planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months

Good for them{Venezuela}Mexicans want to turn that place into a shithole.I spent 2 weeks in Venezuela on my honeymoon 20 years ago,beautiful country but too unsafe now to go back.

Re: Venezuela shoots down three Sinaloa Cartel planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months

elgringoloco13

Re: Venezuela shoots down three Sinaloa Cartel planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months

McRey
elgringoloco13 wrote
Mexicans want to turn that place into a shithole? Excuse me but I think Venezuelans are doing a good enough job. That place is ravaged by crime, mostly by local gangs. Please do not speak with gross generalizations like that unless you have specific knowledge of the situation on the ground instead of your honeymoon 20 years ago. I have friends in Venezuela and "the Mexicans" are not on their top 500 reasons why Venezuela is struggling with containing the utter lawlessness that is the current state of their nation. The Mexican planes were shot down because the people that do much of the drug trafficking in Venezuela are the Venezuelan military, "the Mexicans" are bad for business.

This isn't about sovereign airspace.  This is about control of drug routes, piso, etc.
TRC

Re: Venezuela shoots down three Sinaloa Cartel planes that departed from Mexico in 7 months

TRC
Lol, you would think after Nuevo Laredo and Juarez they would learn to pay tax. And maybe after the first 2 planes fell. Sinaloa greed is always their downfall. Can't wait to hear the corrido lol.