VIDEO-Chapos 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-est 8days Up In Smoke

VIDEO-Chapos 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-est 8days Up In Smoke

just released video of farm up in smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI0Jcoy8Ink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dow6j-bR1X8

Note:  Previous largest pot discoveries:

September 12, 2005 Villa Coronada Chihuahua 105 AC ...3000 workers Chih/DGO Border

2007  Sinaloa   160AC

November 1984 ...Buffalo Ranch in Jimenez Chih apx 2 hrs from Villa coronada.  208 AC...10,000 workers, which caused a boom in the economy benefitting everyone from tortilla factories to housing.

Soldiers to destroy Mexico's largest pot plantation

TIJUANA, Mexico — Mexican soldiers will begin destroying the country's largest ever marijuana plantation under the watchful eyes of state prosecutors, officials said Friday, as hundreds of troops descended on the site "We estimate that it will take at least eight days" for soldiers to destroy the 120 hectare (nearly 300 acre) pot farm, said Army General Alfonso Duarte.

From the air, the site had appeared to be nothing but an enormous black stain. But when soldiers visited the farm on the Baja California peninsula, they discovered the massive plantation under the black tarps.

The tarps are designed to protect the plants from the blazing hot sun in the Baja desert, and a casual observer could easily believe they were protecting tomatoes, which are widely grown in the region.

Duarte, the commander of the military region based in the far north-western border city of Tijuana, took reporters on a helicopter ride to the site, located near the center of the peninsula.

Some 250 soldiers were meanwhile deployed to the plantation for protection and to begin the destruction.

The plantation was built around the peninsula's main north-south highway and includes a network of hoses that connect wells to a sophisticated drip irrigation system.

Duarte said he did not know which drug cartel owned the plantation, but emphasized it was the biggest pot plantation ever found in Mexico.

The record-busting Baja plantation is much larger than the 64 hectare (160 acre) pot farm discovered in Sinaloa state in 2007, and the 84 hectare (208 acre) farm discovered in Chihuahua state in 1984.

There is also housing for some 60 workers -- when soldiers approached the site, as the employees were having a meal, they all fled. Six however were later captured at a military checkpoint.

The crop was ready for harvest, and Duarte estimated the plantation could produce 120 tons of cannabis, which he valued at nearly $160 million.

Baja California state borders the US state of California, where growing and selling marijuana for medicinal purposes has been legal since 1996.

VIDEO OF PLANTATION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDCFiAcuJmU&feature=related

Story of discovery:

300 acres found 200 miles south of San Diego 7-14-11

The Mexican military has uncovered the nation's largest ever marijuana plantation. The patch encompassed 300 acres, surrounded by cactuses in the desert about 200 miles south of San Diego. The plants were being tended by dozens of men.
- According to General Alfonso Duarte, the crop would have yielded about 120 tons and was worth about $160 million. "This is the biggest marijuana plantation we have found in the country," Duarte said.

Duarte says that the plants will be destroyed, and most of the men that were tending the crop escaped capture. Six suspects were arrested later at a military checkpoint.

The marijuana farmers had dug a well at the barren site and had pumped water through hoses to irrigate the plants, which were up to 8 feet tall.

Army officers said the vast farm just 1½ miles from the main federal highway in Baja, California state appeared to be the work of the Sinaloa cartel. The same gang was tied to Mexico's largest bust of marijuana packaged for sale last fall and sophisticated underground border tunnels discovered in November, both also in Baja California.

Two of the apprehended farmers said they were from Sinaloa state, headquarters of the Sinaloa cartel led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, Mexico's most-wanted fugitive. The farm was in remote territory of the Baja peninsula, 280 miles south of Tijuana, which is believed to be controlled by Guzman's cartel.

"There are indications that these are zones of the Sinaloa cartel," Infantry Maj. Bernardo Rafael Sanchez said, spokesman for the army's second region, which covers the border states of Baja California and Sonora.

President Felipe Calderon has deployed tens of thousands of troops to the streets in his war on the Mexican drug cartels. Calderon has made it his mission to rid the nations of its powerful drug traffickers after taking office in late 2006.

Violence has spiraled since then, with more than 40,000 people killed across the country. The fatalities have harmed support for Calderon's conservative National Action Party, or PAN, which faces an uphill struggle to secure re-election next July.

Mexico is America's top supplier of marijuana. In addition, most of the cocaine consumed in the United States passes through Mexico.

AFP-Reuters-

------------------------------------------------------STORY OF CHAPOS MJ BUST/TUNNEL---------------------------------------------

November 28, 2010

Federal authorities are questioning suspected drug smugglers to learn more about a tunnel trafficking operation uncovered on Thanksgiving Day. It's the second sophisticated smuggling tunnel between Tijuana and San Diego that agents have discovered this month, and it's more evidence that a new cartel has muscled into Tijuana.

The tunnel found Thursday is nearly a half-mile long, extending from under the kitchen floor of a house in Tijuana to a pair of warehouses in the Otay Mesa industrial district of San Diego.

It has ventilation, electricity, a cinder-block entryway and a rail system for a small cart to move drugs into the U.S. Of the 76 cross-border drug tunnels discovered in the past four years, the Thanksgiving Day tunnel is one of the most elaborate officials have come across, according to Mike Unzueta, special agent in charge of Homeland Security investigations in San Diego. He says losing the tunnel is bad for cartel business.

"It can't but hurt," he says. "Potentially, we're looking at a year or longer to construct something with this level of sophistication, and upwards of a million dollars in terms of the cost." Unzueta said smugglers hand-dug the channel in hard clay soil with an electric jack-hammer.

More Tunnels, More Tactics

Acting on a tip Thursday, federal agents followed a tractor-trailer from the warehouse to a border patrol checkpoint. Investigators found 20 tons of pot and arrested three men in the U.S.; the Mexican military arrested five more. The arrests led to the discovery of the tunnel.

Federal agents discovered a similarly constructed tunnel on Nov. 2, connecting warehouses in Mexico and the U.S. They recovered more than 30 tons of cannabis in that bust.

"The more we have tried to fortify and beef up border security, the more we have driven cartels underground, or out into the ocean, or more ingenious, clandestine methods of moving products across the border," says David Shirk, director of the Trans-Border Institute of the University of San Diego.

Sinaloans Expand Their Turf

Federal investigators believe both underground passageways were under the control of the Sinaloa Cartel, which is run by Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman, the world's most wanted drug lord.

What's important is that the Tijuana smuggling corridor has traditionally been controlled by the Tijuana Cartel, which is run by the Arellano Felix family. The recent tunnel discoveries confirm that the Sinaloans have expanded their turf — by brutality and negotiation — and now have a solid foothold in Tijuana, Shirk says.

"The tunnel itself is not demonstrating any new characteristics — it's big, it's loaded with marijuana, and we've seen that before," Shirk says. "But what we haven't seen before this close to the Tijuana corridor is a Sinaloa operation of this magnitude."

The victory celebration among U.S. cops may be short-lived. If the past is a guide, Mexican drug smugglers will simply start digging new tunnels.

NPR

Re: 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re:CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

Absolutely!  You can see what it looks like from the arial view.

Poor Chapo has taken some big hits this year, the TJ MJ bust and now this...

Re: Re:CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

ArmChairIntellect
That areal view is really something else.  My feeling is that the cartel will continue to move operation into the National Parks in the US.

MAP of top 10 US Pot Growing Forests..CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

MDC have been using the national forest for crop production for at least a decade that I know about.
Favorite is the California Sequoia National Forest, followed by, and this may surprise people, San Bernardino Forest.  There is a multi part national geo video series on the subject I saw on you tube..

VIDEO:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=864_1267749540

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/11/1103_031104_marijuana.html

Here is a map of the  Top 10 national forests for marijuana cultivation

SRG

Re: MAP of top 10 US Pot Growing Forests..CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

SRG
I saw this on TV. I wonder how much money they make of these operations it seems they would get busted easier, but maybe its cheaper because they don't have to pay for the crossing. And now there's have a corrido about indoor marijuana cultivation maybe the cartels also get a take from medical MJ..

Re: MAP of top 10 US Pot Growing Forests..CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

ArmChairIntellect
Its just becoming more and more prevalent as the time goes by.   I wonder how stable it is to still move or produce drugs in Mexico.   I have been reading several reports lately that are suggesting that more drugs and more drugs are moving around Mexico because of all the fighting and strong government actions taken against the cartels.  Whats your take Buela?

Re: MAP of top 10 US Pot Growing Forests..CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

mladicadic
I think its a sign that the law needs changing if the part of that that I find outrageous is that they're spoiling national parks.

Re: VIDEO-Chapos 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-est 8days Up In Smoke

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: VIDEO-Chapos 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-est 8days Up In Smoke

Guerro
@Chivo alias KKK

Oh yes its all a show because every narco including el Chapo likes to lose 120 hectare (nearly 300 acre) pot farm right?  Man you really do lack common sense don't you.

Re: MAP of top 10 US Pot Growing Forests..CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

Hola ACI!

 Yes, this has been my assertion for a long while.  Every logistical move is predicated on the ability to move product without the interference from the government/military. I declared more than a year ago to watch CA as that should be the focus, as the heat becomes intolerable for  MDC/TOC/MOC or whatever the hell you want to label the bastards.  And when I say intolerable, I am speaking in business terms, the amount of product loss.  Remember the lost of the piracy factory of the last letter?  Losses including all diversifications, but primarily narco traffic, it’s the bottom line.

As I have long stated, look towards Guate.  There is a home that narcos can rule and run free.  Not that they would want to run a country they just want to exist without interference and inconveniency. I can envision Zs operating all lines of "business" in Guate, with factories and employment for Guate citizens, without any hassle, if they are not stopped and that mission should have begun long ago. Already Sinaloa and Zs are established in Guate and throughout CA.  In Guate Zs have control of most the Mx So Border, and are in 75% of the country.  Guate is a perfect home.  If one looks at a map you can see that new routes will be establish to curtail much of the Mx  land travel that is utilized today.  Until recently water travel around CA was the norm, now it is cutting straight thru CA and Guate is prime  for all water and land routes.  Narco Subs are now fully immersible.  Look for southern Mexican states that border the pacific side to become extremely important.  CA countries like Guate are so weak and easily destabilized.

Costa Rica is also having an abundance of issues of crime/narco.  Sinaloa cuts right through the country with narco transporting.  Remember CR has no army, and they were forced to request help from the US.

As for Calderon.  I do not think he is in with or favors any cartel, but that does not mean that some of those that he surrounds himself with do not.  Chapo has taken some major hits so to me it is further proof Calderon is not sleeping with Chapo.

Re: VIDEO-Chapos 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-est 8days Up In Smoke

Chivo, I have seen those black nets covering very large areas just off the hwy from Monclova or Saltillo to Monterey.  This goes back many years and I was curious as to what they were growing, but I never stopped to look at the crops.  I assumed it was grapes because I have seen the same thing in California over vineyards.  I have also read that the same cover is used for growing tomatoes, so I don't think this is evidence of Calderon being in bed with any cartel.

Re: Re:CHAPOS 300 AC Ready for Harvest-Mx Largest Pot Farm-In 8days Up In Smoke

El Regio
Buela Chivis wrote
Absolutely!  You can see what it looks like from the arial view.

Poor Chapo has taken some big hits this year, the TJ MJ bust and now this...
lol I bet the little guy was furious! Well hopefully they continue to bust all these sorry ass drug lords!