Using social programs to buy votes: the Veracruz case

Using social programs to buy votes: the Veracruz case

Lala
There is too much material out there to attempt a translation, so I will try to make a short version and include several links in case anyone wants to take a look.
Some days ago the PAN launched a FB site named "ladrones de elecciones" (election thieves)

https://www.facebook.com/LadronesDeElecciones/app_57675755167

In this site you can find videos taken at PRI meetings where it´s openly discussed how to use different social programs to buy votes. Juicy stuff in those videos, one says something like "yeah we have to buy votes, but we have to know who to buy too, it´s no use buying from someone who is not gonna respond", or discussing how great is the "70 y más" program to recruit abuelitos.

The secretary of SEDESOL (Secretariat of social development), Rosario Robles, announced the firing of 7 workers. Ranulfo Márquez Hernández, federal delegado, was suspended. This is generally seen as a very weak attempt to save the face and avoid consequences for the main culprits, Rosario Robles and Veracruz governor, Javier Duarte.

On Tuesday PAN presented a formal demand at the PGR where at least 59 public servers, most of them PRI related, are involved.

On Thursday, Gustavo Madero, president of PAN, read a letter for EPN where he says "every day we get more proofs of resources being used to support PRI candidates in the 14 states that will have local elections this year"

That same day Enrique Peña Nieto, during the launch of "cruzada nacional contra el hambre" (a social campaign to fight poverty that has been widely critizised for being implemented mostly in municipalities where there will be elections this year, wasting resources in PR and including big corporations of the food industry), told Rosario Robles to not worry about those who only care about politics and elections and not about fighting hunger among the population.

“But we, this government, have a clear objective, a compromise with the Mexican people, getting rid of hunger. Let those keep critizicing these actions, because they are only busy with the elections and we are busy, and compromised ending with hunger in Mexico" (crappy translation but the level of bullshit is clear)

http://aristeguinoticias.com/1904/mexico/la-carta-de-gustavo-madero-a-pena-nieto-por-casoveracruz/
http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=339658
http://aristeguinoticias.com/1904/mexico/lanza-pan-en-facebook-sitio-ladrones-de-eleccionespor-casoveracruz/
http://aristeguinoticias.com/1904/mexico/que-sigan-criticando-las-acciones-dice-pena-nieto-sobre-casoveracruz/

Re: Using social programs to buy votes: the Veracruz case

Bjeff
Bumping the troll out of visual range...

@DD: Please do something about that guy littering the forum