Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

deelucky1
so if the U.S has to purchase this so called high end equipment and sub contract isreali employees to use the sophisticated system only because CIA employees are just to wear suit and badge what is the departments protocol anyways ?using the goverments money to buy shit from your partners company the oldest trick in the book !!im with those  journalist getting together but so far evrybody is holding back on their words no one dares yet!!either if  you own android or iphone they both are open source for devolopment and all their apps are displayed for anybody to see the root and how it works  ,so if your telling me the U.S needs pegausus to spy !!thats a tough one!

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

deelucky1
im gonna start putting post it notes on strippers tits with this  https://developer.apple.com  to see  if the CIA can get a clue !cost $100 bucks to join the party.looking for exploits and loopholes must be for dummies!!they can sart there no more free lessons !!

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

in other words if you have something like an iphone 2 your in the safe zone😂you cant buy software expecting your gonna spy on someone this isnt the 80's dosnt work that way let alone google and apple can barely keep up whith there devices you have to have programmers 24/7 going head to head with the internet giants goodluck!!all i know its not threw pegauses !!

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

mr.browntown956

stay away from face, twitter , tumblr and other redes sociales that the guachos can tract you. Perfiil bajo mantienes tu libertad.

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Mexico-Watcher
huero minuto wrote
I think they purchase "this crap" because they want to be on top of the game and they've got the money.   These guys are all in bed with each other and while we look at Mexicos problems we dont see the US's B.S. Most people don't know much beyond what their media tells them to think.   The internet was developed by the "defense" industry. Google and Facebook have partnered with CIA at times to develop different programs.

   I am kind of surprised the NY times has reported on this and I think the reason why is that higher profile  journalists have been killed in Mexico.  Reporters stick together and the one power that a journalist has is to write, and now they are pissed off and since it has to do with Mexico, it is somewhat safer for them.  Which leads me to the next question.  Who is the USA using the pegasus program to spy on?
Huero Minuto: I totally agree with your POV.
iMO, "we" little people are  ignorant "smucks" that literally don't know shit about what is really going on n the world of spying.  Spying is in our Homo Sapien DNA... it is literally a survival mechanism.  But now that we are in fantastic Cyber Age where things move incredibly fast and all kinds of 'data" can be acquired, stored, analyzed, and used for good or bad .... the unintended consequences of all this are showing up "big time"!

I've read the posting here on the topic of spying technology mis-applied in Mexico by the Mexican Government.  It gives me a headache to read the details.  However, from all this I extract a few things  that make me pessimistic that any meaningful corrections will be forthcoming in Mexico (or similar other States).

IMO, these three major flaws concerning high tech spying in Mexico combine to predict failure:
1. Mexico "is" a corrupt government from the "git go" and through and through.  It is termed "impunity". The Mexican Government does what ever it decides needs doing, the law is secondary and, besides, it can be ignored or adjusted to fit circumstances.   So that contracts with businesses to use a spying product ethically is like asking a thieving sociopath to stop stealing.  Might happen, but don't bet on it.

2. Going to Mexican judges for judicial permissions to do virtually "anything" in Mexico is almost a joke!   Judges are subject to do "as they are instructed" by powerful influences (all over the world).  Of course, they do so "judiciously" to maintain appearances of legitimacy for the masses.   Except for trivial petty cases, does anyone honestly think Mexican Judges render verdicts fairly and strictly according to law?

3.  Money, money, money ties this all together.   That money talks is a truism exquisitely known to everyone in Mexico.  With respect to spying technology, its merchants, employees,and independent "hackers" and actual spies in the field are shadowy figures.  A certain percentage of them can be offered "plata o plomo" inducements to do things that violate sanctions, strictures, ethics, or morals.

Finally, "spying" (in its many guises) is not going to end anywhere in the world because the technological and cyber gremlins have escaped everywhere and there is no catching them all now and neutralizing them.    This fact means BIG BROTHER is now a nascent reality, residing in the Digital Cloud, who, if it pleases Him,  will know what kind of toilet paper we wipe our asses with.   I also believe that autocratic and failed States,  are ideal places to R&D and apply spying technology.  By far, Mexico is not alone in having this spying problem.

Some of my views stem from reading posting in Borderland Beat and from the book by Marc Goodman (2015) entitled:  Future Crimes: Everything is Connected, Everyone is Vulnerable and What We Can Do About It.

Mexico-Watcher
PS  To be a "true" journalist in Mexico dealing with governmental, the powerful elite,  and/or narcocartel type criminals is absolutely heroic and even suicidal as many journalists have found.  God bless and protect them all!

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

no reason to believe the authorities would ever give you or any normal citizen the time of day !!hope nobody is offended by that .
.can i say its a distraction to point out dilusional thoughts it provides a trench for criminals and lets them contunue without being exposed   !!can we discuss something beyond media material or is that in offense around here ?IMO if thats not accepted ok no big deal!can i ask how many hackers exist in the world ?

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

its weird NY times declares this equipment is only sold to Goverments  but evidence shows one of the many bank transfers
made to security tracking devices in jalisco that does not belong to the goverment ????now can be this the oldest trick in the book i was talking about?or is this not pegausus equpment and straight japanese crap?

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

the NSO group never sold anything to mexico,NSO is just group that  can get into phones nothing else .nobody is intrested  in that .they do play a major role somewhere else .but the DEA has a whole country on a chokehold and there is big evidence on that one !company's like the NSO dont have a website very secretive but when they go up for sale who do you think catches wind of this ?and who purchases them ?can anybody guess who gets pissed when they dont purchase theyre products ?does anybody know if the U.S holds a vote in mexico for choosing the next sucurity director ?

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

Mexico-Watcher
Tully: Thanks.

To think that the people pictured in the chart are brave "patriots" in danger by their own government.  It gives one a feeling of hopelessness for Mexico.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

70,000  per head to invistagate why not give sicario goon 1,000 and keep the rest since all this money is not even being accounted for ?this story makes no sense at all to me .only an idiot would let all that budget go to sombodyelses pocket for starters mexicos U.S embassy   dosnt text  civilians .you have 15 plus countries purchasing this so called equipment how was mexicos equipment diffrent from the others on the market ?

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

huero minuto
Nobody said they were smart.
     Somebody or some group of somebodies were upset that other somebodies in the media, or other watchdog groups were reporting/ratting on the incompetence of the guvment.  They used the guvments expensive toys to try and spy on these people because they knew they could.  They spent the governments money, Its easy to spend other peoples money.  It seems like whoever did this got away with it so far.  A couple of articles in the paper, until the next disaster comes and shakes the mind of the few people who care onto something else.
      The only difference was they were caught because they were very sloppy in their approach which rang bells.
Jstanothercoyo

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families

deelucky1
exactly!!stop searching pegausus isrealies they got nothing on the italians called THE HACK TEAM  find articles stacked a mile high !!thats why you cant find anything !capish!its gonna be like a thanksgiving feast for your cabeza!

Re: Using Text as Lures, Government Spyware Targets Mexican Journalists and Their Families