Update Chino Antrax

Yesterday Chino Antrax was to be sentenced in San Diego federal court.

But on October 8th his attorney's filed a continuance request and it was granted.  His new date is April 8, 2016 same judge and courtroom.

I uploaded the docs to my scribd account if you want to read them link here

 https://www.scribd.com/doc/285475568/Chino-Antrax-Sentencing-Continuance-C-Martinez

Re: Update Chino Antrax

Cristero
This guy is still very young so if he gets 20yrs he will be out with enough time to jump right back into it or to reform his life. Any idea what what the sentencing guidelines are on his charges?

Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Update Chino Antrax

Siskiyou_Kid
I seriously doubt he will receive much prison time. It seems the continuance is in order to him time to pay the other $900,000 he has agreed to pay the US govt.

Re: Update Chino Antrax

His guideline score is 40/41

you can see how they broke it down by linking to

https://www.scribd.com/doc/266214013/US-v-Chino-Anthrax-Plea-C-martinez

the continuance is for the sentencing attorney to research the entire case.  That tells me that they are worried he may get a much more severe sentence than desired.  they are no doubt overkill on preparation and it could be cautionary.

The judge does not have to go by any recommendation or  guideline.

The judge is Dana Makoto Sabraw a very conservative judge.  He was appointed to the bench by George W

Re: Update Chino Antrax

Cristero
Chivis regardless of the length of time that he will be in prison once he is released and deported will he be handed over to the Mexican Authorities or will he just be dropped of at an international bridge and let go, If i recall El Ondeado was just deported after he served a sentence in the US but others have been handed to Mexican Authorities, are there statutes of limitations in Mexico or can he make a plea in Mexico and run both sentences together?

Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Update Chino Antrax

Thanks for the info. So Chino could get life, while the guys he worked for basically walk away?

Re: Update Chino Antrax

La Flama Blanca
@siski:

That 1 ton of marijuana was probably Mx brick weed (~%5 THC), its crazy to think about but I wonder if there are different sentencing for marijuana type crimes which have higher THC levels.  What if was 1 ton of top shelf indoor (~%15-%20 THC)?, same sentencing guidelines?  I doubt the guidlines are different depending on THC content in the weed used as evidence against you.  Chinos case is a conspiracy case if I understand, but lets say he was caught with 1 ton high grade in a truck, he would be facing the same amount of time as a truck full of 1 ton of brick weed.  Which in theory would be about 1/4 the potency of the high grade weed, and should be one quarter of the sentencing. It reminds me of the crack vs. coke sentencing.  Say you had one kilo of coke disolved in 100 gallons of water vs. 1 kilo dissolved in 10 gallons of water.  The Gov. would probably just weigh the water and sentence you as in posession of cocaine according the weight of the 100 gallons vs. the 10 gallons, regardless of how much coke there actually was.  I hope you followed that  LOL.

I have ADD so I cant read through %100 of these indictments, does it mention his the name off his boss?  If not, who are you refering to as his boss, Vincentillo, or Mayo?

@Chivis

I thought Chino, Sera, and Vincente, couldnt be found in custody a few weeks ago.  I guess Chino was found in custody, lol.  Are Sera and Vincentillo, still not in showing up as "in custody"?  Also, I wonder if Chino goes to trial, if Sera will testify against him.   I also wonder if Chino is illiterate like Chapo, or just has terrible hand writing, referring to his initialing of the documents.

Re: Update Chino Antrax

I doubt he will get life, he could technically but since he has been singing I doubt that is the case.
But a delay of six months means he knew he was not getting out right away or why ask for the continuance.  I think prosecutors have a pretty good idea the range of possibilities as for sentencing by this judge.  But his atty's may be crossing every T and dotting every i.

and thats smart

here is the guideline scale...it is for 2014 but it should not be that different

  http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/guidelines-manual/2014/Sentencing_Table.pdf

here is the 2015 amendments to the guidelines...

http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/amendment-process/reader-friendly-amendments/20150430_RF_Amendments.pdf

Re: Update Chino Antrax

unless he goes into WP program

Re: Update Chino Antrax

Well, 25-30 years is more than most top leaders get.

Re: Update Chino Antrax

When people get caught for dealing large quantities of green bud, the feds often obtain lengthy sentences based on the number of plants they conspired to grow, ie-conspiracy to grow more than 1,000 plants or import 1,000 or more kilos has the same mandatory minimum sentence-10 years.

Re: Update Chino Antrax

_Jack

Re: Update Chino Antrax

La Flama Blanca
@ Jack

(Minimum) 25 years to life (Maximum).  Chino Antrax is facing federal charges, so he is in the federal court system, which is different than the state court system.  In the state system you can get your sentence shortened by up to 2/3rd's for good behavior (at least in California, IDK about the other states).  However, in the federal court system you have to serve your entire sentence, have you ever heard of the phrase "mandatory minimum" in the U.S.  If he is a cooperative inmate with zero or very few infractions while serving his time, at the 25 year mark you can go to the parole board and have a meeting with them.  Its hard, but if you can convince and prove to them that you've changed, and have a solid life plan after you are released then you can be released on parole after serving 25 years.  I don't have any personal federal prison experience, but the parole board usually doesn't release you at your first hearing, so 25 years is the absolute least amount of time you can serve in the federal prison system.  On the other hand if you are not a model prisoner you can end up serving life, meaning: until you die.

So to some it up 25 years does not mean life in the U.S.

In Chino's case, that is the sentence he is possibly facing if he goes to trial (if he even goes to trial), and if he gets out on parole, Chino will be on "parole" (early supervised release) for 5 years.  That sentence can be changed before the trial date depending on some different circumstances, snitching being one of them.  Chino will probably take some kind of plea deal (admitting guilt before trial).  Plea deals generally carry shorter sentences than going to trial.  However if your lawyer/s think you have a chance of being found not guilty at trial, and the jury agrees and you are found not guilty, then you are released.  But if you do take your case to trial and are found guilty, then you face a much harsher sentence (ie. 25 to life).  Chino is facing multiple charges, so if he is found not guilty on 1 or more of his charges, there is a slim chance he could possibly get a shorter sentence at trial (highly unlikely though, in any case, not just his case).  -

I didn't read Chino's entire indictment so IDK if it mentioned anything about a plea deal, or an amount of time the plea would be for.

Jack, I hope that wasn't too much info for you.  The only reason I went into so much detail is because I know you're from the UK.  Im sure someone will say I'm wrong about something that I wrote, but I just wrote what I know about the Fed. prison system.  The info should be spot on for the most part, but something I wrote is incorrect, please tell me.  That's why we are all here right?  To Share info and learn from each other....Ya I know that was corny LOL, but its true!!

Re: Update Chino Antrax

La Flama Blanca
@Siski

So they dont give a shit about % of THC content?......  Here is a kinda pointless question, bc it would be a waste of time.  But what if they were all male plant with zero percent THC?

Re: Update Chino Antrax

No, we have real life sentences in some states and at the federal level, but in many states they tack on few hundred years, just in case. I still get angry when some vicious murderer who should have been taken out back and shot is released, because some state appeals court says that under guidelines at the time they were sentenced they have to be paroled after 20 years.

Back in the 1980's these guys where I live got into an argument with a guy from the next town at the bar, took him down by the river, and put a tire iron through his skull with a hammer. In court one guy testified that if was as easy as pushing a spike into a melon. Two of the guys got off for testifying against the third one and he was sentenced to 10 years. He appealed the sentence and it was reduced to 5 years.

Last Saturday was my birthday and while we were out having dinner a bunch of fire trucks and an ambulances showed up at the bar a block away. One of the guys involved in the tire iron murder was playing video poker when he had a heart attack and keeled over and died on the spot. My friend said it ruined her evening, because the body was left on the floor for a few hours after the paramedics left while they waited for the police to arrive and declare him dead.

Re: Update Chino Antrax

I've heard of the quality being mentioned as a mitigating factor in state court, and when the feds are going after traffickers they certainly are concerned with the higher value, but I've never heard of THC content being measured in any marijuana prosecution.

Re: Update Chino Antrax

agree...but if one reads between the lines it looks like asses are being covered (formally in writing) but that the judge can do whatever he wants and the guidelines are there because that is usual procedure.  we don't know what he gave up.  but I can assure you if he gets 25 years he gave nothing but 1M

Re: Update Chino Antrax

If a person is sentenced to lets say 360 months in federal prison

and he gets credit for time served before sentencing...lets say 18 months

his serve time will be 288 months and 28 days

his good time calculates to 53 months and 2 days

Here is a link to a federal prison good time calculator...
http://federal-prison.org/sentence-calculator/

Re: Update Chino Antrax

La Flama Blanca
@ Jack and Chivis

Whoops, I forgot to add in the time served part.  Like Chivis  said, if you dont bail out and stay in jail a few years before you are senteced, those few years count towards your sentence.  So Jack, you would subtract the time you have spent in jail waiting for sentencing, from your actual sentence. If u have 365 days served, and are sentenced to 5 years, you only have to serve 4 years, bc you already spent 1 year inside.  I didnt know if that applied on the federal level or not.

Jack what is the jail system/s in the UK like.  Is it similar to here? or is it a litle bit different?

Re: Update Chino Antrax

I assume they mean time before sentencing at the time of arrest, and not just in US custody.