Unraveling in Michoacan

tuSancho

Re: Unraveling in Michoacan

Jack Hawkins
Banned User

Sancho, what is the essence of the posts?

What is the basic storyline being told?

Who or what is 'unraveling'?

Re: Unraveling in Michoacan

tuSancho
It appears there is not only problems of ADs against the CTs.  Feds against CTs.  Feds vs ADs.  People/pueblo against corrupt govt... but now dissension between the Federal Police and their government = morale problem, ADs blocking Feds/Marines, local police blocking traffic and confronting city hall, hundreds of dirty police returning unemployable, limes over 70pesos/kilo, and on and on.  Depleted government treasuries that have been robbed by the marriage between gov't and narcos... no $ for services.  The tourism sector has died.

How much social disruption can continue to grow and still maintain civility?  Will it continue as sort of "anarchy creep", or will something spark a larger clash among many sectors all at once and no basis of control.  Who can the Feds (security structure) rely on if they're pissing off their police forces?

It just appears to me that there is always more than the Feds can handle.  They couldn't even bust the simple roadblock in Vicam Sonora.  If they send all the resources to Michoacan, where else will explode?

Maybe I over-estimate the frustration and growth of social disorder.  Maybe the Federal government can control it.  But it appears to me, daily, that the problems are growing at an accelerated pace and across more and more sectors of society.

Re: Unraveling in Michoacan

choco
There may be some truth to some of these stories... I haven't read them all.

But I would not be surprised is there is an orchestrated attempt to portray chaos by the government in these reports.

As Chivis pointed out with the insightcrime article, there was much hyperbole and disinformation... I believe it is an attempt by the gov to destabilize the AD movement.

Not to say there are not internal conflicts... cus I'm sure there are.  But that is the nature of evolving new social structures.  Dismantling the CTs will be messy. There are so many of them and they still have money.

I hope the focus gets back on the many positives the groups have accomplished and are accomplishing and that they continue to liberate communities til the CT rats have no where to go.