United States granted political asylum to the son of activist Marisela Escobedo

United States granted political asylum to the son of activist Marisela Escobedo

Bjeff
This post was updated on .

[Bjeff: Google translate]

An immigration judge granted political asylum in the United States to Juan Manuel Frayre Escobedo, son of activist Marisela Escobedo Ortiz, assassinated in 2010 outside the State Palace of Chihuahua while on a sit in the Plaza Hidalgo, which demanded justice in the investigation of the murder of her daughter Ruby.

"I feel happy and comfortable that it could solve my legal status in this country. Has been long waiting for the courts. With laws in this country you never know until you get the answer, while you're on tenterhooks "he said in a telephone interview to The Journal from the city of San Antonio, Texas, where he currently resides.

Frayre Escobedo said then received the notice calling the official number of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement -ICE, for its acronym in English a couple of days ago.

"I had several weeks without speaking and check again I was told that my case had been resolved in my favor and that the Government of the United States gave me the benefit requested in October 2012," he declared.

The 36-page document, which contained the applicant's testimony and evidence was reviewed by the Immigration Judge Craig A. Harlow, who determined that there was sufficient evidence to give the benefit also marked by the Justice Department.

He said it now expects his brother Alexander and his uncles Ricardo and Hector Escobedo, the same fate in his trial before the Court.

"For now we must continue to support my family and the cause with Mexicans in Exile, an organization that me supported me, to help new coming and lack the resources and legal advice 'said Juan Manuel Frayre.

On May 3, 2012, the US granted asylum to her niece Heidi Ruby, then four years.

Regarding the case of his mother said still in the "air". "There is nothing clear and the government's position is the same. A government that does not speak the truth and who is not willing to give solution, "he said.

He added that violence in Mexico will not stop while the government continues collusion with criminal groups.

He said the threats continue against people who get up and point out the injustices through similar situations as those undertaken by his family.

"Although the government gives happy figures and ensure that things are changing, continue aggression against the people. You will see persecution, threats will continue and that will continue and will not stop, will not stop, "said the son of activist.

As an example, he mentioned the recent case of journalist Villeda Moses Rodriguez, as he took refuge in El Paso last January 4, for fear of losing his life.

Meanwhile, Frayre attorney, Carlos Spector, was satisfied with the resolution and said it will continue in his line of defense and look for the safety of their clients who flee their country to the violence they suffer.

Source:
http://www.sinembargo.mx/05-02-2015/1240927

BB Articles on Marisela Escobedo:
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/12/mysterious-death-of-marisela-escobedo.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/12/activist-rubis-mom-killed-in-chihuahua.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/11/marisela-escpbedo-this-one-is-for-you.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/10/wicked-didnt-kill-my-mother-it-was-andy.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/12/el-wicked-killer-of-activist-dead-in.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/10/el-wicked-confesses-to-killing-marisela.html

Re: United States granted political asylum to the son of activist Marisela Escobedo

That says something about a country when you have to claim refugee status because of their government.That should be embarrassing for EPN but I doubt it he is.

Re: United States granted political asylum to the son of activist Marisela Escobedo

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
I am extremely happy for Maricela's son.  As many of us know, his murdered mother, was a tenacious and  brave Mexican martyr.

Maricela's family and many of her supporters fought the "good" fight for justice.  Her story should go down in Mexican history for good citizens to admire and emulate. Maricela's story deserves attention in the entire civilized world....  A movie, book, TV documentary?

IMO, every member of Maricela's family deserves asylum in the USA for what they could suffer if they remain in dangerous Mexico.

God bless Maricela's son.  He will make a great US citizen!

Mexico-Watcher
JMB

Re: United States granted political asylum to the son of activist Marisela Escobedo

JMB
I wouldn't expect different. A lot of people in the US saw that footage.