Underground bunkers?

Jersey devil
I was recently watching a documentary on you tube about the ndraghata (sic?) But any way the big mob bosses would build under ground bunkers and hide out for years and command the organization from there. They were like apartments really nice actually some. They had hidden trap doors it was pretty cool. I was wondering did any Mexican or Colombians do that? With the Italians it's like a necessary because they essentially disappear. I wonder why narcos don't do that. I'm gonna try to post a link I know its a little off topic being Italian but it's a cool documentary.  Thanks for all the good reporting chivis and the rest of the team. I've been reading a few years it's my first post.

Re: Underground bunkers?

Link please or better yet post the full story followed by a link Jersey Devil.Thanks.

Re: Underground bunkers?

Hey Diablo!

You know this is one thing I always wondered why narcos did not do this more, especially Sinaloa because of Chapo's knowledge of tunneling and undergrond labs.  Chapo has made massive underground narco labs with temporary housing.  these units have relatively comfortable temporary accommodations but nothing anyone would want to be in for years  .

Zetas constructed temporary hideouts in Coahuila, with tunnels stretching from one ranch to another for escape and temp hideout.  they also made large underground storage rooms where they stored huge cache of weapons. Zetas still have connection to ndrangheta BTW.

I have seen videos of the ndrangheta bunkers, which is where Zetas prob got the idea, but the ones I saw were pretty crude in fact Sinaloa's were nicer.  Can you send the link of the one you viewed?  If I recall they constructed them in the mountains, just like Sinaloa.  Chapo constructed the labs in chih, closer to the border.  His narcos would kidnap workers from durango and fly them out.  also engineers. who would never be seen again.

Paz

Re: Underground bunkers?

Ciro
The ndrangheta has never been at war like the cartels have.  Living in a bunker in my opinion would not be a wise decision in mexico.  Also the ndrangheta second home is Canada they hide in plan sight.

Re: Underground bunkers?

it is not about war, it is about hiding...think of it as a underground safe house.
and sinaloa has been constructing and using this for years.

sucessfully

Re: Underground bunkers?

BBfollower
Jersey, is this the documentary that you've watched? I watched it after you started this thread and found it very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9aZwvfVnfI

Re: Underground bunkers?

Ciro
staying in the same spot in your bunker would not be a good idea at all.  if your a high value target you need to be on the move constantly.

Re: Underground bunkers?

Jersey devil
It's on you tube, I'm new to this, how do I post a YouTube link?

Re: Underground bunkers?

Jersey devil
Yeah that's the documentary I saw, thanks for the link. I wasn't sure how to post it.

Re: Underground bunkers?

Jersey devil
They do it to lay low from the authorities. One clan boss successfully hid for years. They wound up figuring out where he was through wire taps on one of the foot soldiers.

@chivis, the commentor "bbfollower" posted is the documentary I saw. I thought it was a cool concept and I waa thinking about chapos when I saw it cause he was all about the underground tunnels.

Re: Underground bunkers?

sorry I was gone all day.
as for the videos you can just click on SHARE on any video on YT and get the URL link.  that is good enough.

take a look at this underground two story lab.  It was under a sinaloa farmfield.  it had an elevator.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-mexicos-sinaloa-cartel-makes-big-move-into-meth-2011aug27-story.html

I also read an article that said most of the labs have hideout living quarters, with kitchen, kingsized beds and Televisions.

Re: Underground bunkers?

PS

I just saw the living quarters in italy and they are similar to those in sinaloa.  i will see if I can find the fotos of those in sinaloa.

Re: Underground bunkers?

this one is better

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/mexico-security-memo-underground-meth-labs-sinaloa

Re: Underground bunkers?

Kye0001
Really interesting thanks.  I like a lot of the abandoned buildings on YouTube, especially if there’s a mafia/cartel story behind it.  It’s amazing how some of them build their hidden tunnels, safe rooms etc.  I’ll watch the documentary now thanks.

Re: Underground bunkers?

Ciro
Gomorra is a must watch if the mafia interests you.