US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

Mica
The 582 TONS of coke that Chapo Guzman got from suppliers who testified against him at the trial is “a conservative“ estimate of what he may actually have trafficked, the US government says in a forfeiture request asking that he fork over $12 billion...

The government is actually asking Guzman to pay $12,666,181,704.00.
A nice round number...

Guzman was making so much money from the cocaine of just one of his Colombian suppliers, Don Lucho Caiceido, that he would pack $5 million at a time into a shipping container and send it back to Don Lucho to pay for the loads.

Per @alanfeuer who covered the entire trial of Chapo.

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

blanco puro
it is stupid to ask for this amount.
they over estimate the price it is sold for, they also assume that he or his organization keeps every cent of the income, it is not all profit, there is cost of production, cost of shipping, bribes, employees.. etc... he "might" have made 10k per kilo personally but I doubt even that much... at that volume one would be happy even making $5000 per kilo

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

MediaNocheXXX
Wasn't it Alex Cifuentues who claimed Chapo was cash poor, in comparison to factual billionaires that is.The media loves to throw around billionaire for obvious reasons, Kylie Jenner and so on....

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

They have money, so doubt, entrenched in businesses and cash, but not what the laymen think it is.  If you know you know, and it's like that for everyone, for the most part.  In one of the conversations, Chapo had 4 properties as collateral, and about 2 million in cash, and that was a pooled shipment.

I am curious if the Brooklyn prosectors will actually seize any homes in Sinaloa.  I don't see it working like that.

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

ElGrandeRojo
AMLO may be persuaded to seize properties, and sell them. Seriously doubt he will give any to the US, nor should he. I think Chapo was cash poor too. I believe that after he was arrested in '14, he slowly started eroding at his nest egg. Being on the run was expensive, and no way he could be operating at the same level. The escape, and everything after, definitely took it's toll. He couldn't barely stick his head out a window. There's money, but no where near where it was, or could've been, if he wasn't so addicted to the worst thing to be addicted to.....Women!

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

Mosco
Props! "Women" , yeah, this is a Biblical truism. I bet this male weakness will never end.  How many men, from the lowest to the mightiest, owe their downfall to women?  There must be thousands of songs worldwide with this theme.  Police detectives use this kind of knowledge all the time to solve crimes.  Kind of like "follow the money and the p%$$y" strategy.
Maybe, God planned this "moth to the flame" way for us men to behave?

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

Maybe he could exchange those 12 billion for a room with a view?

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

ElGrandeRojo
Agreed....it's easy for me to say cuz I've never been a multimillionaire global drug Lord, but if half the world's govs, and all my enemies we're gunning for me, and my only options were hide as long as possible, or go to SuperMax and die, or be killed by my rivals, I think women would be pretty far down my priority list. I just think his previous escapes, and earned status, gave him that sense he couldn't be brought down. Not very smart, from a guy who proved most that he was way smarter than anyone gave him credit for.

Re: US seeks $12,666,181,704.00 forfeiture from #701

It's called 'vices' or demons some say,be it women,drugs,alcohol or gambling.Chapo did have the choice to be faithful to his wife and not feed that vice as he forfeited others like drugs no but it's many a person's downfall any 1 of the 4 vices above.All have consequences and it sure caught up to him as he had the most to lose (at least compared to the average Joe) and when you are at the top the fall is from a higher perch therefore there's more to lose.