US family of four missing in MX

maric

Re: US family of four missing in MX

Police Working to Involve State Department in Case of Creston Family Reported Missing in Mexico
POSTED 9:00 AM, MARCH 23, 2018, BY KELLY MARICLE

Thhttp://whotv.com/2018/03/23/police-working-to-involve-state-department-in-case-of-creston-family-reported-missing-in-mexico/e Creston Police Department has confirmed that four members of a local family that other family members say are missing in Mexico have been added to a missing persons database.

Creston Police also confirmed they are working to get the State Department involved in the case to help locate the Sharp family.

Ashli Peterson made a Facebook post Thursday night asking for help to locate family members Kevin, Amy, Sterling, and Andrianna Sharp. She said the family left the U.S. on March 15, bound for Tulum, Mexico. The family was last heard from that night, after they reported the had made it safely to their condo.

Peterson says the family was supposed to return on a flight to St. Louis on March 21st and then attend the Southwest Community College basketball game in Danville, Illinois on Thursday – but they haven’t been heard from.

Peterson says the family’s social media accounts have been inactive and there hasn’t been any movement on their cellphones.

The post says missing persons reports have been filed with the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.

Re: US family of four missing in MX

BajaCheryl
The link says they were located in their condo, all deceased, no foul play suspected and to let the family grieve in peace.  Probably a gas leak.  How sad.

Re: US family of four missing in MX

Chava
A gas leak at an all inclusive 5 star resort? Doesn't appear that the resort had kitchenettes of any sort?

Re: US family of four missing in MX

BajaCheryl
Not sure where the 5 star all inclusive resort was mentioned.  All reports say their condo and most mention the gas leak possibility.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iowa-family-reported-missing-found-dead-in-mexico/

Re: US family of four missing in MX

stevectpa

Re: US family of four missing in MX

Chava

Re: US family of four missing in MX

BajaCheryl
They were not hotel guests.  They were in an independant condo, and the hotel is putting forth in the news that they were not at their hotel.  But I guess me telling you that from Mexico and from a coworker in Cancun, doesn't mean anything.  You will see the truth at some point in the media, which is where the hotel rumor started.

Re: US family of four missing in MX

BajaCheryl

Re: US family of four missing in MX

One thing that bugs me, the front door was unlocked.  I know when I travel, which is often and in foreign countries, I am on high alert, checking that all entries are secure.  but looks like they were not in heighten security alert mode.

this was cancun press reporting the door was unlocked and authorities confirmed.

Re: US family of four missing in MX

BTW Maric...

please copy and paste the post to your BB draft.  we don't allow links.  if you need help just email canadiana or me..

Re: US family of four missing in MX

Chava

Re: US family of four missing in MX

stevectpa
I agree with you about the door and I have the same mindset when travelling solo, but with children (and adults) going in and out frequently, it is easy to leave the door unlocked until they're all in for the night and then ensure it's secured.  I doubt if the resort is considered high crime and they'd have the high alert mentality in place, but will be interesting to read follow up on this.

Iowa family found dead in Mexico inhaled toxic gas, autopsies reveal

stevectpa

Re: Iowa family found dead in Mexico inhaled toxic gas, autopsies reveal

Chava
Iowa family of four found dead in Mexico were suffocated by gas from water heater: report

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/05/iowa-family-four-found-dead-in-mexico-were-suffocated-by-gas-from-water-heater-report.html