US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Bjeff
To capture Miguel Angel Trevino Morales, El Z-40, leader of Los Zetas, the elements of the Navy (Semar) had support from a avión no tripulado (better known as a drone), owned by U.S. agencies operating these flying objects since 2004 on the border with Mexico.

During his mission, the sailors had precise details of the narco boss using wiretapping equipment and tracking software, called Finfisher/Finspy, and Hunter Punta Tracking/Locksys, revealed officials involved in national security cabinet.

The sources pointed out that the DEA (U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency) provided information to the Mexican government that could establish the areas of Treviño Morales operations and learn about their group in areas such as Nuevo Leon, Coahuila and Tamaulipas, while the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE, for its acronym in English) lent one of their drones, which monitors and collects data which is then processed in databases in California, Arizona and Texas.

Intelligence work made it possible to define the mobility of the marina, the routes by which he was traveling, schedules and the number of escorts that Treviño Morales was transported from one area to another, said respondents.

The drone has infrared cameras that allow filming in the dark, and two motors generate no noise detectable at levels of thousand feet, plus they have the capacity to conduct overflights for several hours and remote transmission equipment, allowing them to follow without being discovered.

A similar plane was used by ICE in Mexico in February 2011, to locate the murderers of his agent Jaime Zapata, who was attacked along with one of his companions by members of Los Zetas on the Mexico-Queretaro highway.

The sources said that the capture device was set in a few hours and had covered the route of transit for Z-40, which is why they could encircle him and capture him without resistance.

The sailors were aided by the FinFisher/Finspy software, allowing them to locate moving targets using GPS systems, which enabled the use of encrypted communications, which can be transmitted from any computer.

The developer of FinFisher/Finspy is the British company Gamma International Ltd., is a spy program allowing computers to intercept communications, emails and all communication.

The Hunter Punta Tracking/Locksys is a satellite tracking system for vehicles based on GPS technology, cell phones and the Internet, which enables a vehicle to be followed.

Treviño Morales is still detained in facilities of the Deputy Attorney Specialized Investigation of Organized Crime (Seido), in hopes that they this Friday will define his status and be consigned to a federal judge.

Source:
http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2013/07/19/politica/013n1pol

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

MrJayDub
So who ever it was that said that the US used a drone to find Z40 and forced the Mexican governments hand to act was probably right.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Pitufo
I wonder how the hell they didn't track him down before when he moved around with security detail of 200 bodyguards.

Does anyone with more knowledge know if chapo moves with such a large security detail? Seems ridiculous that they're still not able to track him down.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

MrJayDub
It's not that they can't track them down, it's that they are paid not to track them down. The Us government tracked him down without permission from the Mexican government and forced the Mexican government to act. The Mexican government could get all of these boss's if they really wanted to.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Pitufo
Right I get it from the mexican side of things. I'm wondering how the U.S. (if they've been flying drones inside mexico since 2004) didn't pick up a large convoy of trucks before. That had to be a huge red flag that a "pesado" was moving in that convoy (assumption on my part). Since they knew the area he operated in one plus one should have equaled two right?

Maybe he was a good customer through the fast and furious program so that's whey they gave him a pass?

sorry the conspiracy gears in my head start turning when something of this magnitude occurs.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

j.ward
MrJayDub wrote
So who ever it was that said that the US used a drone to find Z40 and forced the Mexican governments hand to act was probably right.
===================

Yes, I did say that.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

MrJayDub
Looks like you called it my friend...

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

elcardenal
Also, the proximity to the border. You can fly in and out a drone without Mexico even knowing. With Chapo, you are a few hundred miles away. Plus, the area that Chapo operates has more foliage. Especially the golden triangle. Also, Chapo pays good money to stay on top of things, I am sure he has inside information on things like this.  All these old school guys, know how to operate without turning alot of heads. Vicente, El Azul, Mayo, Chapo, to a certain extent El H, and Isidro. They been in the business for so long, that they know that at any given moment they need to leave without a trace.

I know Z 40 was a big fish, but he's only been a big fish for the past 4 or 5 years. He didnt have the school of some of the old school guys. That is the reason guys like him and lazca get caught, while guys like I mentioned above have survived for years.

I do think that Z 40 got sloppy. Being so close the US and to his rivals. CDG has been on his trail, which is the reason he had to travel with 200 zetas.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Baggy
Wasn't it previously stated i dunno, somewhere around ere' lol, That when EPN took over most mex govt agencies cut ties with the U.s/alphabetsoupagencies except the mx marines? anybody got an article along those lines? And for those who wonder about conspiracies... time will tell.. if the gooseman stays a free man you could probably bet money he had a part in this.. either feeding info gained from cdg or other moles inside federal agencies on either side of the rio grand.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

butterfan
z40 only far is being sent to the U.S.

the drone are a every day basic's.  they know where chapo is located, they knew of z40 location for a while. but los zetas were doing some crazy shit like killing those migrants, that was everywhere in the news. making mexico look bad, los zetas will still be the same i think, the other 2 guys that were with z40 are spilling the beans now, more arrest to come.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

MrJayDub
This post was updated on .
I got a feeling there's probably a lot of Mexican officials who are very upset about this. Considering that, I also think that Z40 will at least attempt to escape with the help of some of those Mexican government officials. Only time will tell...

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Nutcase
OMG!!! I last logged onto BB forum on the 15th and all was quiet on the homefront and then BANG!!!!!!   Ding dong the witch is dead!  Well close enough to me. Im sooo glad this punk is off the streets.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Nutcase
This soooo made my day, cant wait to tell everyone around me what happened!!

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

ToPHeR
I was thinking the same thing. It's so stupid to stay so close to the border being the leader of a cartel. I understand it's where the drugs move into the US, but put a lieutenant in charge of that and run things from the south of the country, far away from the drones!

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

elcardenal
Yup, you think Vicente or the other Carillos are hanging out in Juarez? Not even when everything was calm and a fight with Chapo wasnt on the horizon. Most of them live in places like South America or Central America. Problem with Z 40 is that he doesnt trust anyone. Not even his on shadow.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Sleep
MrJayDub wrote
So who ever it was that said that the US used a drone to find Z40 and forced the Mexican governments hand to act was probably right.
Even Ray Charles finds right tune sometimes just because he keeps on hitting the keys.
O te alineas o te mueres.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

El_Cuatro_Veinte
The reason it did that was so it can have all the information into one central agency instead of going through 10 different ones and avoiding a leak through the transfers.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

Lala
Today at 1:03 pm members of the Navy of México transferred Miguel Angel Treviño Morales in helicopter from the SEIDO to a maximum security prison.

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2013/07/19/132296-trasladan-a-el-z-40-a-un-penal-de-maxima-seguridad

Sorry, not exactly on topic with the thread, but I didn´t want to start a new one with so little data

Stars of mexican chainsaw murder would maybe disagree.
O te alineas o te mueres.

Re: US drone was involved in the capture of Z-40

butterfan
i think he only got capture because of the agents and all the shit los zetas been doing, killing innocent people, kidnapping, and killing migrants, this is why i think he was capture, DEA wants chapo capture too but what are you going to do when el chapo has people in the government on his payroll. if el chapo was killing people and his cartel was on the news all the time than the dude would have been in prison, now i think he z40 will spend his time in the prison, and his brother will take over,
12