US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Xtreme1
The finance director for the city of Imperial Beach, CA, and a US citizen, Douglas Bradley, was gunned down after being chased by gunmen in Ixtapa at 0400 Thursday morning.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gunmen-shoot-and-kill-us-citizen-in-ixtapa/

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/ixtapa-murder-victim-was-california-tourist/

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Meanwhile 35 km. down the road another murder.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/lone-gunman-shoots-kills-guerrero-mayor/

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Chava
And meanwhile, a little further down the road:

Atoyac, Guerrero, January 1, 2018. The candidate for mayor of Atoyac by the PRI and entrepreneur of the construction industry, Adolfo Serna Nogueda, was shot dead last night in the center of this city.

Police sources reported that the murder occurred at 8:45 pm, on the eve of the end of the year.

The 30-year-old PRI was intercepted outside a building where he had his home and office on Emiliano Zapata Street, near the municipal library.

Serna Nogueda was the administrator of the company Construcciones Papanoa, which carried out works for the Atoyac Town Hall, and his body was taken to the Sarabia funeral home for the necropsy of the law.

Just Thursday, the mayor of Petatlán, Arturo Gómez Pérez, was shot to death, and on Saturday the former director of Public Services of the Zihuatanejo City Council, Marino Catalán Ocampo, was executed.

For its part, in a press release before 11 in the morning, the State Attorney General's Office informed that it initiated the investigation folder 1214060500472311217 against those who are responsible.

He affirmed that workers of the dependency went to carry out the diligences and found shell casings in the area, and that it waits for more information of the Coordination of Expert Services "that can be of use".

http://suracapulco.mx/wptest/index.php/2018/01/01/ejecutan-a-un-aspirante-del-pri-a-la-alcaldia-de-atoyac/

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

This story from the Mex Gov. I think they are full of shit.They don't want to rock the tourism boat by saying he was a drug addict.For 1 thing addicts do not travel at least not that far.They don't go on holidays as they spend every nickel on their addictions.Travel is a luxury.If he was an addict he would have given up surfing.The sex story could be true being alone and that late at night and maybe he backed out of the deal and the criminals would have none of it so would rob him.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/backlash-after-victim-linked-to-drug-use/

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Mica
A toxicology report would be interesting, but who knows.  I am curious about the time of the murder (if 4:00 AM is accurate).  Although he lived in Mexico, I question the idea of Caucasians being away from the hotel that late.

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Chava

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Cuidado
Canadiana you are very wrong unfortunately. :(  I know lots of addicts who travel very frequently. Not all addicts spend all of their money on dope, some do yes but not all.  There are different levels of addiction.  And to your surfing comment, the whole surf industry is riddled with drug use, I should know Ive worked in the industry for 20 years now.  One of the best surfers the world has ever known Andy Irons died on a surf trip of overdose.  He had Meth, Oxys, Xanex, etc in his system the toxicology report showed.

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

BajaCheryl
I have to agree with you.  Something more sinister going on here. Our family is imersed is the surf industry and we know and host so many in our home  - free divers and surfers.  This doesnt just happen.

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Chava
The news (and his employer) indicated he was single and had no children. A posting on his FB leads one to believe that he has a Mexican daughter?

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Chava

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

RetDEATaskForceAgt
It goes to show you that there’s always more to the story than one might think!!

It also illustrates that even intelligent, successful individuals who lead responsible lives and hold responsible jobs can still make decisions that defy logic!!

My sympathies to his family and friends!! I’m glad they were able to develop enough probable cause to affect an arrest of someone.

I’m also glad that they were able to refute the illicit drug use by the victim as well. I felt, too, that he might have been under the influence of GHB or something similar.
Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Chava
My prediction is that the person arrested will soon be freed for lack of credible witnesses (aka witnesses willing to present a statement) --- any takers?

Also, will the person who was "arrested" be tested for traces of having shot a gun? No, because too much time has passed. Even if he is/was captured on video footage, there still has to be "denuncias" filed. Under the new justice system, he is now innocent until proven guilty.

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Posted a comment on MB, but this is just reprehensible behavior, and showcases the ugliest of Americans, and people in general. I don't know that he deserved to die, but the way people like him treat places like Guerrero and Xtapa, as hedonistic bargain shopping is disgusting.

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

RetDEATaskForceAgt
Yes, such behavior is very immoral. It almost makes you wonder if he was using the cross-border lifestyle to live what amounts to in some ways, as a double-life.
Living what appears to be a completely above-board, responsible existence on the US side, then living somewhat of a hedonistic lifestyle on the Mexican side.
Similar to how rich and successful people go to the Orient for nothing more than the sex-tourism.
Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime

Re: US citizen gunned down in Ixtapa

Prostitute, stolen money conflict led to murder

The man who allegedly shot and killed California city official, Douglas Scott Bradley, on December 28 in Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo was arrested in this capital, Guerrero's Attorney General, Xavier Olea said.

The director of Administrative Services in the city of Imperial Beach in California, according to Olea, was reportedly killed after having an argument with a bar worker who he accused of stealing money.

The 50-year-old official would have been in the bar 40-20, where he hired the sex services of a woman named Africa or Keila and with whom he went to a hotel.

However, according to the Prosecutor, Bradley had an altercation with the woman and went back to bar 40-20 denouncing the theft and demanding the return of his money.

At the bar there erupted several altercations by employees of the bar and clients, and when leaving the business he was followed by an individual, who shot to him.

The alleged murderer, identified as Isidro "N" alias "El Chiro", used a .45 caliber pistol to kill his victim, whom he shot at a distance of between three or four meters.

Relatives of the US official picked up his body last Thursday at the premises of a funeral home that serves as the Forensic Medical Service of the Ministry of Health, in Zihuatanejo.

Directly after the murder, Roberto Álvarez Heredia, spokesman for the Guerrero Coordination Group, told the media, that Bradley was on “some type of drug”.  His friends, family and boss were adamant about him never using drugs.

And as it turned out, the prosecutor confirmed, that the autopsy toxicology tests affirmed that no drugs were found in the victim’s system, only traces of alcohol.