US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

I THINK WE HAVE BEEN CHILLIN WITH MEXICO TOO MUCH...WE ARE SORTA BEGINNING TO ACT AND REACT JUST LIKE MESSICO...

  YESTERDAY The U.S. State Department issued a new warning against travel in Tamaulipas after 16 more bodies were found there over the weekend, raising the death toll in the string of abductions in the region to 88. U.S. citizens are discouraged from traveling in three Mexican states.

"The United States Consulates General in Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey advise American citizens that the U.S. government has received uncorroborated information that Mexican criminal gangs may intend to attack U.S. law enforcement officers or U.S. citizens in the near future in Tamaulipas, Nuevo León and San Luis Potosi," the statement read....

BUT THAT WAS YESTERDAY...BUT JUST AN HOUR AGO

MEXICO CITY—The U.S. State Department said Wednesday it has rescinded a warning that U.S. government officials and citizens could be targeted by Mexican drug cartels in three of the country's states.
State Department Spokesman Michael Toner said, "we thought it was credible information, and then it was later deemed that it was not credible enough to warrant it remaining on the website."

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

kylesam
Politicians are the same Buela, doesnt matter if they are from Mexico or US both are greedy, corrupt, lairs and looking for power as usual.

And by the way I tried to keep my promise to you by not attacking Chivo but he attacked me first, so I want to apologize to you, sorry!! but I tried!

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

For sure!  But this was over the top.  I have a headache trying to keep up.  I am just going to post the new count @126 and investigators expect around 180 when finished, I say if they keep going, they will find more.

We have the greed, corrupt and the ridiculous but with mexico corruption permeates everything even education with that lady they call Darth Vader the pres of the union, she is a jimmy hoffa scarey looking Bitty.  She has ruined the education system, Mexico is at the bottom of global test scores, it is pathetic.  But the real shame was Tamps.  What they did ...which was nothing after the Tamps-72 is unforgivable  they should be locked up.  ok ...i feel better now...jaja.

You have been keeping your promise we know once in a while you will explode...but after the nuclear meltdown we had over the weekend you are a little kitten.  you and Sr. Chivo are funny. giving hugs, it makes laugh, you and Chivo are good guys.  After Swanka I think Chivo will say the same.

I am with you on the death squads even tho I would love to support it, can't..  not right and can be severally abused

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

El Refe Ree
A respectful question to any of you veteranos in the know. My child's school is planning a mission trip to help an orphanage in Mexico. I'm not certain if it's Moros or Miyatalan (sp?). I know Moros has gone to hell in a hand basket, but what about the other place? Personally I feel that it's a bad idea but the school seems clueless.

Secondly, are there any Cancun residents/experts out there that can give any updates on the status of Cancun. We have credits at one of the resorts and would like to use them this summer, but I really like keeping my head attached. Is it still possible to relax in Cancun or will it cause me more stress than staying at work in the US? I have to older teen boys and I don't need them getting levantados on their way to the OXXO for some gatorade.

Any help/opinions would be appreciated.
Lord Hear Our Prayer

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

Here is a great  link:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_970.html

as far as Cancun personly i probably would not go.  Unless I went to one of the big resorts all inclusive and stayed there on site at night and only city linits during the day.  It is sporatic so unpredictable.  I see you live over on the so-east side but have you thought of cabo?  it is very-very safe and beautiful and fun the prices now are terrific and all inclusive from LAX to CAbo all incl with 4 or 5 star hotel it is 5-6 hundred USD or half price than normal.  Playa Carmen is a place my friends go to and they say it is safe.

are you trying to spell Mazatlan?  if so, the cruise line just stop using their ports because of the violence:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/01/26/mexican-violence-causes-cruise-lines-drop-port-mazatlan/

but i think you are spelling something else.    so the schools are going to a hogar?  overnight?   there are towns smack on the border that I could recommend but need to know how far you are willing (or the school) to go, how far from eagle pass or del rio?  if you want to send me a direct email go ahead I could better discuss it with you.

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

El Refe Ree
Buela,
thank you for your timely response.

The options for the school trip are Matamoros and Miaca'tlan in Morelos, which is essentially Cuernavaca. The trip is 10 days long. As much as I support charity and philanthropy, I don't want to "donate" my precious hijas.

Any thoughts?

As for Cancun it would be at an upscale all inclusive for a few days. I'm actually toying with the idea of visiting Varadero in Cuba instead. It is a sad state of affairs when vacationing in a communist country over my homeland is a safer option. BTW my wife is Cubana so it's all legal.
Lord Hear Our Prayer

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

AllseeingI
Banned User
This was removed because of the impact it would have on Mexico during the low season. Vallarta is still very safe. I still feel fine out on the steets at 3 in the morning....but then again, not many people are going to test me in my town.

Refe Ree, I just had family and friends come back from Cancun. Its safe!!! As for Morelos and Matamoros I would not recommend it!! And I would love to travel to Cuba one day! jaja Good Luck!

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

kylesam
AllseeingI you live in Vallarta? Of just visiting?

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

Is there any way you can talk to the trip organizer and recommend another city for the kids?  I would not send my kids there.

as for cancun..here is what I am told, but I know so few folks in the area...cancun has violence but not consistantly and usually "in the area" so day time ok...night ...stay at the resort

I have lived in Mexico for the last 3 years.

Re: US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

El Refe Ree
Gracias a todos por su informacion y consejos. Thanks all of you. Have a blessed day and let us all pray for peace.
Lord Hear Our Prayer

CENTRAL AM MIGRANTS & US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

Amen...

Yesterday was an especially difficult day for me.  I am becomming more overwhelmed by each increasing body count.  It was a day of special joy as we had the first of two egg hunt/easter parties, yesterday the one in Mx was for disabled kids and their siblings, an intro to children's day, 300 kids, and today for head start kids in california 200 kids.  but my usual joyful mood was over shadowed but Tamaulipas.

I was thinking of you and your family.  Especially the kids going on mission trip to Mx.  I wonder if it is too late to change the logistics.  If I can help speak to the organizer I offer to do so. I would say go to another town.  I have many friends in Tx with 501C3s (like me) that work in Mx.  We can help arrange or simply direct to a safe place.  Another great mission that few think of is helping the Migrant SHelters.  They are dumped by the US at the intl bridges after being deported and told to walk into Mx, Mexico a place where the risk of abuse or death is very high for them, a place that they are undocumented and have to hide from immigration and a place that Mexicans are very prejudice against them.  They have nothing when left, no clothes, no food, not much funds only what they had on their person when "caught"   and these are the "lucky ones" the ones they at least made it to the US.  but they land in Mx with nothing.  How cruel of my country to do this.  I know americans, even those who favor strict immigration would not like this treatment.  It is against what is right not matter by which religion one practices.  deportation should be to their country.  In my "Project 72" we provide a backpack, with clothing (new) first aid kits, phone cards, money, toiletries, etc (costs 125 ea) and a prayer card of St Anthony a letter from me and an offer to pay their journey home.  Only about 10% accept that offer.  WHen I began that project, newspapers ran the story,and  a popular columnist in Mx wrote about heroes, quiet heroes working in Mx..me and 2 others, that attention motivated many to help bringing clothes, food and the consulate buying bus/train tickets (then offered to split the cost!)  so it has helped.  Perhaps your child's school, I am guessing Christian, can help Migrant SHelters instead, and talk to the men, women and children of Central America, they are broken, frustrated, depressed, lonely, scared.  It is just a respectful suggestion.  again I can help.  My photographer goes along and take pics and videos the interviews and their stories.  I leave you with  pic of some waiting to go home.  we gave them backpacks and were taking them to the bus for their long journey.  I am drawn to this pic because although their personal story was different by each, their emotions were the same and it is expressed on their faces.  I see defeat.

Re: CENTRAL AM MIGRANTS & US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

El Refe Ree
Thank you for your concern. This trip is still in the development stages and scheduled for summer 2011. I have a strong feeling it will be cancelled ;) after I have a sit down with the director. There are many safer places for the kids to go and volunteer.

Thanks Again Buela you are the best.

Lord Hear Our Prayer

Re: CENTRAL AM MIGRANTS & US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

Havana
All I can say to you Buela is... any forum on Mexican cartel chaos is lucky to have your intelligent comments, links, pictures etc. They are always very engaging and well-thoughtout.  Sometimes, when I'm feeling so sad and frustrated over this seemingly hopeless situation,  I come upon one of your calm posts, in comparison to so many, and I think, A voice a reason who seems to read as much as I do about this craziness but seems to have some answers. I don't have the answers besides the most obvious. I just remain outraged, saddened and stand utterly amazed, with my jaw dropped, simply not believing that things have critically worsened in Mex to such a dire stage and that does no one any good. Thank you, Buela

Re: CENTRAL AM MIGRANTS & US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

You are very welcome...if I can assist just give the word

Re: CENTRAL AM MIGRANTS & US RECINDS TRAVEL WARNING TO MEXICO ...WTH????

Its my hope and pleasure to connect with reasonable folks and teach a little about Mexico.  It is tainted by people who make it about themselves and so unfair.  I just noticed another one of those "CENSORED" profile pics on this thread.  That is so upsetting.  One rotten apple can sure spoil the lot.

I am writing a good piece about Mexico Needing a hero and perhaps he has been found.  I hope to put it up today sometime.  I have decided no matter what happens  I am having Narco-Free Sundays from now on!  JAJAJ..So I should get it finished today.  Exciting things ae happening in Mexico.  I hope it is real.

Thanks for the nice, thoughtful comment!