US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

Note:  follow this link to peruse document filed this week...   http://crocodoc.com/ur2IHXz

U.S. federal agents allegedly allowed the Sinaloa drug cartel to traffic several tons of cocaine into the United States in exchange for information about rival cartels, according to court documents filed in a U.S. federal court.

The allegations are part of the defense of Vicente Zambada-Niebla, who was extradited to the United States to face drug-trafficking charges in Chicago. He is also a top lieutenant of drug kingpin Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman and the son of Ismael "Mayo" Zambada-Garcia, believed to be the brains behind the Sinaloa cartel.

The case could prove to be a bombshell on par with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "Operation Fast and Furious," except that instead of U.S. guns being allowed to walk across the border, the Sinaloa cartel was allowed to bring drugs into the United States. Zambada-Niebla claims he was permitted to smuggle drugs from 2004 until his arrest in 2009.

Randall Samborn, assistant U.S. attorney and spokesman for the Justice Department in Chicago, declined comment. The court in Chicago had a status hearing on Wednesday and ordered the government to respond to allegations in Zambada-Niebla's motion by Sept. 11.

According to the court documents, Mexican lawyer Humberto Loya-Castro, another high-level Sinaloa cartel leader, had his 1995 U.S. drug-trafficking case dismissed in 2008 after serving as an informant for 10 years for the U.S. government.  Guzman and the Zambadas allegedly provided agents of the Drug

Enforcement Administration, FBI and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement with information about other Mexican drug traffickers through Loya-Castro.
"Loya himself continued his drug trafficking activities with the knowledge of the United States government without being arrested or prosecuted," the court documents state.

Zambada-Niebla met voluntarily with U.S. federal agents on March 17, 2009, at the Sheraton Hotel in Mexico City, which is near the U.S. Embassy, "for the purpose of his continuing to provide information to the DEA and the U.S. government personally, rather than through Loya," court records allege.

"DEA agents (then) told Loya-Castro to tell Mr. Zambada-Niebla that they wanted to continue the same arrangements with him as they had with Mr. Loya-Castro."

Five hours after the meeting, Mexican authorities arrested Zambada-Niebla and extradited him later to the United States. His father and Guzman are fugitives.

The court documents also allege that the U.S. government is using a "divide and conquer" strategy, "using one drug organization to help against others."

Zambada-Niebla's motion seeks U.S. government records about the 2003 Juárez case involving an informant who participated in several homicides for the Carrillo-Fuentes drug cartel, while under ICE's supervision.

He also requested records about the ATF's "Operation Fast and Furious," which permitted weapons purchased illegally in the United States to be smuggled into Mexico, sometimes by paid U.S. informants and cartel leaders.

"It is estimated that approximately 3,000 people were killed in Mexico as a result of 'Operation Fast and Furious,' including law enforcement officers in the state of Sinaloa, Mexico, the headquarters of the Sinaloa cartel," the court documents allege. "The Department of Justice's leadership apparently saw this as an ingenious way of combating drug cartel activities."

el paso times source diana valdez

Re: US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

Havana
Buela hi! I've desperately wanted this story to go mainstream.  I'm afraid a 9/11 response to the allegations could just disappear beneath a round of 10 yr anniversary patriotism.  But with "Fast and Furious", as the recent example of poor decision making in Mexican cartel control, it may become impossible to hide this big display of warped strategic planning.  Doesn't it seem with the US, that the end result never ever justifies the means?  As usual.  So shameful!

Re: US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

I just posted the 16 page filing from this week filed by the attys of Zambada-Niebla.

Re: US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

ArmChairIntellect
But will he be able to prove any of his claims?  What actually proof does he have, I wouldn't be surprised in the government reneged on an arrangement.  I would imagine that its fairly common, I doubt it would change anything even if he had proof.  I like the theory that it was a deal with the CIA, seems the most realistic to me.

Re: US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

@ wen...  i wish more people would be interested, it is an important story.  It has the potential to become bigger than the Fast & Furios mess.

@ ACI...  my sense is that they do have proof and claim to have it, or what would be the point?  for a few days of headlines?  Nah, I am sure there is something Lil Mayo has..  we have done it before, sometime a deal with the devil is the most pragmactic avenue.

to all  reuters take:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/06/us-mexico-crime-zambada-idUSTRE7751TF20110806

Re: US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

DURANGO1
Maybe  i should go take mr zambada some tacos i have bailed a couple people out of that jail. All that aside lets hope its not true his allegations this has international scandal written over it. got word back from DGO all is relatively calm in Teps Santiago, area only thing was they mentioned when the paper reports thirty dead its actually  only one third that they are reporting. Had a relative be in DGo shootout lasted 5-6 hrs with approximately hundred dead, govt rpt thirty yeah forgot to mention cpl civilians too. Buela any news on your hubby?

Re: US ORDERED TO RESPOND BY 9/11 TO MAYO'S SONS ALLEGATIONS: "SINALOA ALLOWED TO TRAFFIC COCAINE FOR 5 YEARS TO US"

The guy has something....and if it pans out then this will make Fast & Furious look insignificant.

I was wondering about Dgo...Torreon has had consistant violence for the past few weeks, more than usual so I searched around in DGO sources and it is pretty quiet except for the usual.  Funny...o more mention about the fosas, or the dead, but nothing about the tamps dead either, all that big show, then poof...

as for my old man, nada, so we can be sure he is alive and well.