US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

Mica
PANAM Post

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told Congress that a “very different approach” will be implemented for fighting  Mexican drug cartels and other transnational criminal groups from now on.

Tillerson told the Foreign Affairs Committee of the House of Representatives that the two countries are now concentrating on the “supply chain of how drug trafficking, human trafficking and other criminal activities are conducted in a cross-border manner.”

“This is a comprehensive effort that we have been promoting, with the cooperation of our Mexican counterparts,” he said. “I think they will see a very different approach to how we attack the cartel problem.”

Tillerson was questioned by Texas State Rep. Michael McCaul about whether he shared concerns with National Security Secretary John Kelly regarding the connection between “criminal networks and terrorist networks.” Kelly had previously said “cartels share ties with terrorist networks, with the possibility of smuggling not just drugs or people, but dirty bombs.”

To this, Tillerson responded that the the connections are certainly there, including with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which, he said, “is part of our global effort to deny funding to terrorists.”

The Texas representative said that they are equally concerned and that it is “therefore important to have security both on the border with Mexico but also on the southern border of Mexico.”
Source:  Noticieros Televisa

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

Absurd.

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

Bjeff
Certainly fits well with the narrative Trump is trying to put forward. 4 years of nothingness

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

I can not find a confirmation of this exact quote.  not pertaining to isis.  to say terrorists groups are in fact in mexico, and have been, would be factually correct.  But I do not believe isis is one, and most come through legal methods or thru canada.

If you see a credible source specifically stating isis please send link.

What I am perplexed by is this narrative of MS13 picked up by the media and dragged across the country as if it is something new.  the new thor of gangs.  thing is as we know it's history is rooted in socal and is long and has grown roots twisting in many places over the states.

after 8 years of nothing under the past administration, the heroin crisis was allowed to flourish.  Hopefully someday their will be an eureka moment to a sort of legalization and help for those seeking help and not forced on those who will fail because of a lack of desire or fear.

it complicated and horrifically sad.  look for a shift to the north, all ready contending with 10 times the amount of mexicans flooding that nation.

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

Kozmoz
There are terrorist groups in every single country. Hell, you can even say terrorist migrate from the U.S. to the middle east and become radicalized there. This article is crap. As Trump would say "Fake news"

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

dcm90
Lol unbelievable how hypocrite the US government is. Just keep supporting Saudi Arabia   the ones that fund ISIS and the Wahabbi ideology while at the same time being too damn ignorant to think the shiites or Persians are the terrorists.

There's more connection between the US government and IS and they don't even know it or don't want to admit it because arab oil.

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

Kozmoz
I personally dont think they fund Isis, but they do openly support opposition groups that form to topple the government. Sadam Hussein, Ghadafi, and now Asaad.

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

huero minuto
DCM.  I think your right on the money. The US consistantly has supported insurgent groups that have come back to bite them on their bottom.  I think of the latin american death squads in El Salvador, Honduras, creating havoc and mass migration to the US.  Then some kids, and lets not forget the atrocities they saw with families murdered, women raped etc; formed gangs and we now have MS 13 and such.  It is too bad that the US media is so controlled, but when a reporter starts digging, they end up dead AKA Gary Webb.
Jstanothercoyo

Re: US Government Confirms Connection between Mexican Drug Cartels and ISIS

The US government historically does support insurgent groups fighting against our enemies in land grabs.  There is no perfect example, each has more gray area.