US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

Mica
Per Alan Feuer:

A little more than a year after Damaso Lopez Nunez, Chapo Guzman's chief of staff, was given life in prison, federal prosecutors are asking to reduce his sentence. Damaso was a major witness at Guzman's trial. We dont know what lesser term the govt wants b/c the motion is sealed.

MX

Re: US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

MX
Nice find! What factors are taken into account to accept or deny a sentence reduction for life imprisonment (other than cooperation as a witness)?

Re: US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

there is only one biggie gov is after by using lic------but is his info too stale?

Re: US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

He will probably get a downward departure and a 5k1 letter for his cooperation, and get the chance to see his children when he gets out, probably from life to 25-35 years.

Re: US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

The government must know a lot about Mayo after all these witnesses lately. He must be operating in a very analog fashion.

Re: US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

Re: US Government Ask for Damaso EL Lic Sentencing Reduction

I always thought mochomo is the perfect candidate for this type of after sentencing reduction.  He got screwed.  and so young.  but he is not interested.  silly because it appears that it is accepted to do what one must

Re: Damaso/Mochomo

Frank
Mochomo signed up for a life of Omerta by moving weight, but yes, it is silly. He the only one not ratting! Points for having a backbone and not crying to his enemy (US) for protection and comfort, in a f'd up way. As twisted as those values are, he has been an example of taking his medicine like a "tough guy" and not just acting like one until the toys disappear and the reality of living in sunny Colorado for the rest of his years sets in.

El lic sold out everyone including himself and his family. He left the rest of his family in extreme danger. I can't fathom choosing a paper chase over safety of my people