US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

Chava
The man claimed that he was going to use the weapons for hunting.

A U.S. citizen was arrested in the district of Benito Juárez in possession of more than 6,000 cartridges, different firearms and two containers of fuel in the trunk of a BMW, according to the authorities in Mexico City.

A 44-year-old man identified as Neylon Stephen Charles was driving the car last Saturday when he was detected by the security cameras in the area and the authorities dispatched police officers to intercept him.

The car attracted attention because it was traveling in a suspicious manner and a mica kept the license plate from being read.

The officers stopped the car and requested the help of the Tourist Police when it became clear that the suspect did not speak Spanish.

When they checked the trunk, the officers found a number of plastic bags as well as two olive-green backpacks, as well as two cardboard boxes with guns, bullets and cartridges, including a Barnett crossbow with 16 arrows.

The U.S. citizen, who claimed residence in the state of Ohio, said that the weapons were going to be used for hunting and that he knew that the use of military-grade weapons is forbidden for civilians in Mexico and did not resist the arrest.

The detainee was informed about his rights to contact a lawyer and a relative, as well as offered consular assistance.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2015/mexico-city-us-citizen-arrested-weapons-105187.html

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

ThinkTank

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

sounds like a hunter to me.  he should have registered the guns before entering.  what type of guns?

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

tuSancho
he is part of a depleting gene pool.

this will be an interesting story to see how it evolves and what the back story is.  is he a possible agent of some sort?  dog the bounty hunter?  quien sabe.

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

Chava
Como se ha dado a conocer, durante la respectiva inspección en su auto se encontró una pistola calibre 9 mm marca Ruger, cargadores, dos garrafones con combustible, 6,356 cartuchos útiles de calibres 9 mm y 12 GA, una escopeta Mossberg calibre 12 GA con número de serie P004712, una ballesta con mira telescópica de la marca Barnett Croos Bows sin matrícula y un tubo contenedor de plástico con 16 flechas

http://www.digitallpost.mx/noticias-detalle.php?contenido_id=83792&seccion_id=160

I can translate later if need be.

Sorry, I should probably introduce myself, long time reader, never a poster. Just saw a story in need of translation a few days ago and thought I'd toss my hat in the ring.

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

tuSancho
I wonder why he had "dos garrafones con combustible".

And garrafones, not bolingas??

That's a lot of gas to be carrying around in water bottles.  Maybe for his ATV.

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

LadyDragon
What ATV? He was driving a BMW. And if he was a hunter, and happened to bag a deer... where would he have put it? Strap it to the hood of his car? No, I don't buy his story. Comments?

DL

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

Bajadrone-2

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

Chava

jajaja... you missed the joke.

Re: US Citizen Arrested in Mexico City - GUNS and AMMO

LadyDragon
I suppose I did. And still do.

LD